GP4 Fresh Install - Graphics Issue [fixed]

Posted by danbaxteruk 
GP4 Fresh Install - Graphics Issue [fixed]
Date: January 27, 2010 04:49PM
Posted by: danbaxteruk
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

The problem I'm having is graphics glitches with a clean install of GP4.

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit), the game installs fine but will not run without the decrypted GP4.exe. I've used the 9.6 patch first, which installs then says "GP4 is already updated" even when it's the first time I've run it, not sure if that's normal or not.

So once the game runs, all the cars have white missing textures at the back of the cars, and the Ferrari cars are totally white. Also, when pressing the right-key to give the "Arcade Cockpit View", then all the rev-counters/moving map/written information is missing, instead just white/grey boxes are seen in their place. My ingame settings are 1280x1024 with everything on the highest-setting in Manual Advanced settings

I installed a 2006-mod which solved the Car texture issues, and using GPxPatch 3.93 means that I don't miss the information that isn't displayed properly, however...the trouble with the mods is that once new cockpits/steering-wheels are installed, I lose my "Suggested-Gear" display.

I know a few people have had similar white-car issues before, but usually with Mods. Also, the fresh install is 100% fine on my Sister's laptop running XP, but I can't use that regularly.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I've got 2x Geforce 8800GT running in SLI with latest Nvidia drivers and an unedited f1graphics.cfg. I've tried editing bits and pieces on there, and changing all the Nvidia control-panel settings, but still no joy.

Hope someone is in the position to help!
Many thanks,
Daniel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 11:27PM by mortal.
Re: GP4 Fresh Install - Graphics Issue
Date: January 27, 2010 05:43PM
Posted by: harjinator
the white boxes on teh cars with the fresh install is a bodged 9.6 patch install. did you copy the decrypted exe before applying the 9.6 patch? that could possibly be the cause of that 'already patched' error.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 27, 2010 05:45PM
Nope, I ran the patch before copying the decrypted gp4.exe. Just as an update, when you get close to the blank Ferrari cars, they then turn into green Jaguar cars?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 06:13PM by danbaxteruk.
Date: January 27, 2010 11:05PM
Posted by: mortal
You have to uninstall GP4. Then open the registry, Start/Run/regedit. Search for Infogrames entries and delete them all. (Or run a registry cleaner that works).
Re-boot.
Install GP4. Before first run, set the properties on the exe to Win98 compatibility mode. Run as administrator. Install gpx_patch, set verbosity to high and cpu to 1. Now first run & save settings on exit. Install the official patch, then the decrypted exe. Run once and exit.
If you see a gpx_error log, copy and post the data into a separate thread, gpx error log in the topic header please.
Do this and we can be sure you have a good installation, then we can look at resolving other issues ok. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 28, 2010 12:51AM
Hi Mortal,

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I hit a snag. Whenever I try to run gp4 when it needs the CD-ROM, it fails to start. I just get a black screen and then I have to CTRL ALT DEL and stop GP4, which has always stopped responding. I think it may be something to do with the CD verification, because whenever I used the decrpyted GP4 exe, there is no problem with getting started, just the texture issue in game. So to get it working, I always had to install the patch and then the decrypted GP4.exe before actually running the program. I guess this could cause some of my issues, patching a game version that hasn't been run before?
Date: January 28, 2010 01:03AM
Finally managed to find a Decrypted 1.00 version GP4, and it works, and the textures are totally fine!! Will see what happens when I update to 9.6 now....
Date: January 28, 2010 01:15AM
Ok that's done the trick. Many thanks Mortal. I read that a few other people have had issues over the years, so hopefully this is the definitive answer!
Date: January 28, 2010 01:42AM
Posted by: mortal
It is now lol. :-) The bill is in the mail. Enjoy the forums. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 05, 2012 12:28PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Please could anyone help with this.

I could do with some help from you all, please? The problem is I've just changed my GPU to GTX550Ti and added a 2TB HDD, Ive reset the computer to Factory reset due to Windows updates not taking place! I've installed the game from CD 7x now and every time I launch the game it goes to a blank screen even after compat mode has been changed. I added the GPXpatch still nothing, then the 9.6v patch which says gp4 already updated, so installed the no_cd patch. Now it works however, the ferraris are white even after changing the hi_!

So I started to update the cars wad to 2011, the ferraris come to live, again the problem now is I've got 3 #19 cars (J.Alguersuari) takes over #9/23 no matter what camera mode your on, tcam/chase/headshot/tv! wtf, this is driving me insane, I had it worked perfectly the other day before I added the graphics card!

Win7
Intel Quad core Q8300
Nvidia GTX550Ti
4GB RAM
2.6TB HDD
Date: March 05, 2012 05:50PM
Update:
I've taken out the graphics card and now running on-broad GPU everything is fine, now when I try to install 9.6 patch it says GP4 already updated, when it's not? I've downloaded it from 4 different places (inc. one of mine saved from over a year ago)! I've tried to copy the no_cd patch and it's still loosing the Ferrari's colour? :(

Anyone got any ideas???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 06:59PM by SPOKES.
Date: March 05, 2012 06:37PM
Posted by: phantaman
reinstall (GP4 & patch ver9.6), but remove the following lines from the registry (windows) and boot your PC before proceeding (the only difference that you will find is the audio hardware in my case is a sound blaster audigy) :-)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00\Install Dir]
"Directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Grand Prix 4\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00\Version]
"Number"=dword:00000066

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Audio]
"GUID"=hex:8f,f6,de,f4,07,e4,4d,57,a1,b0,d2,76,7c,af,8c,a4
"Desc"="Speakers (SB Audigy)"
"Module"="{0.0.0.00000000}.{8ff6def4-07e4-4d57-a1b0-d2767caf8ca4}"
"EAX"=hex:00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Patch]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Patch\1.00]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 05, 2012 06:47PM
Could you tell me what this does then?
Date: March 05, 2012 07:14PM
Posted by: quickslick
@spokes, did you recalibrate your gp4 already? if not, you should do so and if you have an f1graphics.bat in your gp4 main folder delete this file and test your game again if it works correct
Date: March 06, 2012 06:37PM
Cheers phantaman & Quickslick for your time, most appreciated. I'm now playing the 2011 season and looking forward to it with my daughter!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy