130R at Suzuka? Full Power anyone!

Posted by kirky 
Re: 130R at Suzuka? Full Power anyone!
Date: October 17, 2002 08:12AM
Posted by: Ellis
But you can tell just by looking from the cameras that that corner is wrong.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 17, 2002 12:35PM
Posted by: Glyn
In what way Ellis?

Date: October 18, 2002 06:43AM
Look on the track side view. The corner is too "easy", the exit is not tight enough - you dont even have to go near the kerbs on full throttle.

Look on the track side view, then compare it with a video of a real race, and you can see the difference (unfortuanlty) :(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 18, 2002 02:08PM
I understand you now Ellis. I just did an experiment and the corner is actually flat in monsoon conditions if your careful!

Date: October 18, 2002 02:09PM
Yup, exactly my point

The corner must be wrong - even incorrect physics wont allow for that

Date: October 20, 2002 04:06AM
I dunno though about the corner being wrong.... you see, it shouldnt be wrong. I wonder if it has got something to do with the physics calculating downforce as the speed increases incorrectly or something?

Date: October 20, 2002 06:53AM
Posted by: Zcott
I think Neil might be right there - certainly there is a lot of grip and downforce on those cars (but yet not a lot of understeer when you are going too fast through a corner), almost too much.
Date: October 21, 2002 02:35AM
I think that problem is because water resistance isnt calculated. I guess (only a guess) that Geoff and his team based it on if the track was wet, you'd be using wet tyres, and they'll simulate the water resistance effect with wet tyres because I know in the wet your top speed is very as high, even on the same setup.

Date: October 21, 2002 01:05PM
I wouldnt say cutting corners. Modelling such a thing would be very complicated, and the extra processing would probabyl effect the performance of the game. Its just a lot easier and less processor hungary to hard code the resistance figure into the wet tyres really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy