Help with GPxPatch

Posted by olisim 
Help with GPxPatch
Date: October 13, 2002 01:32AM
Posted by: olisim
I have a retail copy of GP4 and am trying to install GPxPatch 1.1...

Upon the installation is states that it "Could not detect GPxVersion"... Changing it to GP4.exe didn't work either...

Please help as I just downloaded the 114MB GPupdate...

Thanks in advance...

OliSim
Re: Help with GPxPatch
Date: October 13, 2002 02:58AM
Posted by: Lo2k
There's one thing to avoid when GPxpatch has been installed:
After installation, GPxPatch doesn't create any shortcut on the desktop.
If you don't take care, could do a copy and paste of gpxpatch executable from the gp4 folder to your desktop. In that case, Gpxpatch will search GP4 in the "desktop" folder.
The only good way to do a shortcut is really to right-clic on the Gpxpatch exe in the gp4 folder and choose "make a shortcut" and then to displace this shortcut on your desktop.

Hope it is your matter.

Date: October 13, 2002 03:53AM
Posted by: mortal
gpx patch 1.1? that cant be right, already it is now at v3.10, hmmm, are you using a decrypted executable? that could be your problem, the exe is on this site in the downloads area ;-) try that, gpx patch needs it to work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 13, 2002 04:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
1.1 is GP3 only, v3 and later is GP4

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 13, 2002 04:51AM
Posted by: mortal
I'm using 2.20 with gp3 Ellis, 3.10 with gp4, anyway I dont think that is the problem, I'm guessing it's the executable ;-). My sig pic has vanished again ;-/ dammit....

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 13, 2002 05:14AM
Posted by: tux
im using 3.10 for everything

Date: October 13, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: Ellis
Mortal, what i ment was 1.1 will only work with GP3 - not that its the only version!

anything under 3.xx, is for GP3/GP3 2000 only

Anything 3.00 or above is mainly for GP4, but does work with GP3 too

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 15, 2002 10:34AM
Posted by: olisim
Thanks all...

Yeah a little typo with the version. I was talking about the latest version. Everything works now, except that the game crashes more times than it should.

So far, I'm not impressed with GP4, although I like it better than F12002. The AI seems to be a bit better, but they still slam on the brakes and corner on rails.

But, I'm going to keep playing since the season is over... just to get that fix.

Cheers,

OSOliSim wrote:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy