W.I.P. Williams FW/18

Posted by Dutch_Can 
Re: W.I.P. Williams FW/18
Date: December 31, 2009 12:23PM
Posted by: senna9194
SAT_LAB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (N)

as you can see,the car needs to be painted still.and dutch_can is improving his shape;-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: December 31, 2009 01:03PM
Posted by: SAT_LAB
ok

MY ASSETTO CORSA (& other stuff) DOWNLOADS---> SATLAB90
MY VIDEOS---> F1 Retro-Game
Date: December 31, 2009 05:35PM
Posted by: Willb
SAT_LAB Wrote:
> (N)

Be patient.

And Dutch, car looks fab by the way - keep it up :)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 05:41PM by Willb.
Date: December 31, 2009 08:04PM
Posted by: celinho
Fongu, liberated more space in my inbox ...

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: January 02, 2010 06:02PM
Posted by: Dutch_Can
I worked on the diffuser and the bottom plate after this I will start on the cockpit and correct the mistakes.
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Date: January 02, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: racingstefan
Nice (H) You are moddeling this car in 3DS Max?

Date: January 02, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: senna9194
racingstefan Wrote:
> Nice (H) You are moddeling this car in 3DS Max?

i think maya

My GPGSL Career
Date: January 02, 2010 10:19PM
Posted by: fongu
nice work :)

I think the back of the engine cover is a bit too sharp along the top edge. Also the rear fins look wrong at the bottom, the part that extends past the rear wheel to the sidepod should be lower. But these are small changes to add to a very good looking car

Date: January 03, 2010 03:34AM
senna9194 Schreef:
> racingstefan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice (H) You are moddeling this car in 3DS Max?
>
>
> i think maya

Correct in Maya and then it goes to 3dsmax and then to zmodeler a lot of fooling around I agree but I like to work in Maya

@ Fongu I corrected the things you mentioned and I might start doing the dreaded mapping soon .
Date: April 07, 2010 01:23PM
Posted by: quickslick
may i ask about the progress of this great car?
Date: August 10, 2010 09:04PM
Hi there

I know it has been a long time since i ever updated this thread but I have been busy and also my personal life was getting uptight.
Anyways I have a little spare time so I did manage to get the car into gp4 but it looks weird like really weird it is without textures unfortunately I have to remap the whole thing and apply some something to it.
I included some pictures so you know what I mean I think it has to do with the normals but I am not a 100% sure.

Thank you very much for any help

Dutch_Can aka Michael

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Date: August 10, 2010 09:15PM
Posted by: msater
I'm glad to see you back, Michael!

Brilliant car, I hope you get the issues sorted out mate!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 10, 2010 09:40PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Just try to easy map it, you select at once - assign to a white texture or so, and then try again ingame - normals should be looking good
GP4 doesn't assign anything to it, hence the weird looking car ;-)

shape looks good tho!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: August 11, 2010 12:41AM
Ok I tried what MDBSnake told me to do but to no success I am not a quiter but I just don't have the time to look at it I'm leaving for work tomorrow again.
I uploaded the car to megaupload so if anybody feels the need to help please do and maybe the guys of the 96 mod like it ?
And I still have to finish the F310 which would only be the cockpit and some minor things.

Anyways here is the link for the car [www.megaupload.com]

Took the password off and now they are the proper files 3ds and GP4....instead of a mayafile ooppss

Sincerely Michael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 03:47AM by Dutch_Can.
Date: August 11, 2010 04:41AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Of course we glad to use your car to the 1996 mod!

If the car is mapped, Celinho can paint it. If not I will ask Fongu to map before Celinho paint.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: August 11, 2010 09:19AM
Posted by: msater
I've taken a look at the car, Michael, and truthfully I don't see any issues with it. I'll remap the normals in a sec, but it might just be gp4's problem, not our chosen modelling program :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 11, 2010 10:03AM
Posted by: KoenCalleyl
Without having to look at the meshfiles, this clearly is a normals problem, and it's getting quite obvious where it comes from ;)

I assume that during the Maya -> Max -> ZMod conversion, you converted the Maya file to .fbx or .obj ( in case you didn't, you'd better use one of these filetypes, not that it will matter later on) , in 3DS Max you had to make to conversion to .3ds and imported that file into ZModeler. As I said in another thread, if you're making a car in Maya or 3D Studio Max, your conversion to .3ds will lose all informations about the smoothing. So in case you're sure Zmodeler will be used for the development of a car, do all smoothing there.

Added to this, even if you do export your car from 3DS Max to game format ( like with rFactor ), most racing games can only read one smoothing group. So setting any smoothing option in 3DS Max or Maya to 'AUTOMATIC', will not work aswell.

In Zmodeler you should check the smoothing before you export to .gp4 format, you can do so by clicking the Surface -> Normals -> Calculate. This is the result I get :

Best regards,
Koen

Game Stock Car: Formula Reiza - Formula Extreme

MMG F1 2008: 3D: Toyota, Force India, Ferrari, Williams, RBR, STR - 2D: Toyota, Williams, Super Aguri

FSOne 2007: 3D: Ferrari, BMW - 2D: Ferrari, BMW

RH 2006: 3D: All cars (cancelled) & RH 2005: 3D: All cars except Ferrari
Date: August 11, 2010 10:08AM
It's just the way GP4 handles an unmapped car - as Maikel said, just map to a white texture will fix this.

Is this car finished? If it is, I'd like to put my finishing touches on it :)

Date: August 11, 2010 10:52AM
I just did a quick smoothing job in Zmodeler using the crease very quickly and then did a quick remap.

[www.wuala.com]

Date: August 11, 2010 02:55PM
Thanks guys for the help I really appreciate it, I only do the modeling I actually never put a car ingame so of course I didn't know what was going on I kinda guessed it was the normals.

@Koen : thanks for the explanation that will help a lot actually any help is welcome so I don't have to bother anybody with it.

@Fongu : Do whatever you like mate I know you guys are busy with a 96 mod so feel free to use it.

@Kerley : Need more just ask ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy