Damage Levels - how to adjust?

Posted by Krytan 
Damage Levels - how to adjust?
Date: December 23, 2009 03:38AM
Posted by: Krytan
Hello all,

ive unsuccessfully tried to change various settings ive found on another forum to adjust the damage level of all cars.

Can someone please tell me how i can make all damage levels to say 200%. Only recently ive been able to adjust my own car but not the AI cars.

I use CSM to launch GP4...

thanks for your help.
Re: Damage Levels - how to adjust?
Date: December 23, 2009 06:47AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Damage settings can be modified in GP4-Tweaker

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 23, 2009 07:32AM
thanks shuey but how do i use csm with tweaker...? i think it gives me an error...

can anyone in the know give me a quick rundown on hows its done using what files etc... thanks again.
Date: December 23, 2009 11:45AM
Posted by: b-tone
ZaZ says:

in settings\csm.ini you can add a key called
Damage=200 under the [Misc] section to set your damage to 200%. you can use other values too of course.
You can also add Grip=200 to set it to 200% grip etc.

also check the damage.ini file which has more advanced setings, but they are largely untested so report back if you find anything interesting

____
Tony

Date: December 23, 2009 12:34PM
ok something has gone a miss...

i have added the damage value line in the [MISC] section to 200% - only issue is its only affecting my car...

i can not break a wing off any AI car even at 350kmph in the wrong direction... am i missing somthing really obvious? why are my AI cars indestructible??

thanks

ps
i have played abit with the damage.ini file... i cant make head or tail of it until the AI cars show some damage.

cheers
Date: December 23, 2009 01:10PM
ok further to my last message...

iv found that when i set the csm.ini file to read damag=200 (or higher) it only affects my car, all AI cars are indestructible

when i set the csm.ini to read damage-damage2006 (the ini file) it affects everyone... however the changes to the damage2006.ini file are impossible to track and as previously mentioned untested...

does anyone have a simple way to double or more the damage settings to actually see AI (and my) cars fall apart after reasonable impact....

if tweaker is the answer how do i use tweaker and CSM at the same time...

many thanks.
Date: December 23, 2009 01:16PM
Posted by: BAR#10
user roar did some tests and this is his advice for realistic damage

DamageCarsBounce =16 ;32
DamageWalls =3700 ;7424
DamageCars =4100 ;8192
DamageWallsBounce =4 ;16

read this thread
[www.grandprixgames.org]

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: December 23, 2009 09:53PM
thanks Bar...
i found similar as roar that the AI cars get indestructible and the only real obvious impact is the bounce which ends up like a pinball machine... i suppose some more teseting is on the agenda.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy