Texture Problem

Posted by jwt 
Texture Problem
Date: December 15, 2009 11:17PM
Posted by: jwt
Maybe someone can help me:
I have got troubles with partly white textures (see mclaren) and on the other hand complete white textures (see sauber bmw by Renault F1 Fan). If I put the texture settings in the graphic menu on high, the bmw gets white! If I put it back on medium, then the texture appears correct. Weird, isn't it? And about the Mclaren (MP4-23 by Mitsuro Sano) I have no clue. I tried nearly everything I read in the forums, but with no luck. I deleted F1graphics, I tried with both versions of gp.exe (cd and no-cd) etc. :( My Graphic card is a Radeon X 1900 Series.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2009 11:55PM by jwt.
Re: Texture Problem
Date: December 15, 2009 11:52PM
Posted by: mortal
We don't see anything, no screens posted! Which version cars are they, are they in a mod, details...details!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 16, 2009 12:11AM
Posted by: pimpones1
easy one..

you are playing the original game..

put ALL new textures inside the cars.wad AND THE CARS FOLDER as well.
you ll see ..it works

________WELCOME BACK SCHUMMY!!________
Date: December 16, 2009 12:24AM
I put the tex files and the lods into the cars.wad with wad updater 3.4. The car files only contain the lod_0 files. Could that be the problem?
Date: December 16, 2009 12:28AM
read what i wrote...

playing original game as shown in pics.. you have to put files in cars.wad ( as you already did) PLUS cars folder on C:\program files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Cars

________WELCOME BACK SCHUMMY!!________
Date: December 16, 2009 12:44AM
maybe i am too stupid - you mean I should put the tex files into the cars folder in gp4 directory? Never heard of that since I play GP4 and this I have been doing for years!
Date: December 16, 2009 12:52AM
try it. and you ll see it gona work.

and you aint stupid.. this forum is to share knowledgment..i bet theres a lotta stuffs you know and i dont..
Date: December 16, 2009 09:06AM
Sorry, doesn´t work either.
Date: December 16, 2009 09:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Did you include the carbon textures of those cars?
Its very easy to fix.
Date: December 16, 2009 11:43AM
Where can I find carbon textures and how can I fix the problem?
Date: December 16, 2009 01:06PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
These carbon textures usually come with the car you download, if not you could try to download another car and see or it has the same carbon texture or just ask on the forum for it and tell for which car you need it.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: December 16, 2009 01:14PM
Posted by: quickslick
or you can open the shape in 3d editor, click on the Tools button and then on missing textures list, there you'll find all the related textures of the car
Date: December 16, 2009 03:16PM
Posted by: senna9194
is that a mp4-23?

if yes,you should find a carbfbd.tex file:-)

just look in some cars(1993 cars maybe)

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy