Sky messages please help me!!!

Posted by Neron 
Re: Sky messages please help me!!!
Date: October 10, 2002 01:37AM
Posted by: Boomy
Hey guys,

Good morning Vader,

I experienced ( and sometimes still experiencing.. ) some fights against guys of forums. They got me angry at the beginning , but they are here for GP4 as we all.

Neron, I believe you are not wrong in what you say,but don't talk of warez,please. There are several copied cds floating around and IMHO games are too expensive,but we do not have to talk about that.

To be honest it's difficult to have a precise idea about a person.

For instance I " use " the forum to obtain info about GP4 world,pushing,provoking,joking and seriously posting to complain about missing patch,but I 'don't believe Neron is trying to obtain attention.

Hey Neron,what is your idea about missing patch?

Hallo All

Boomer
Date: October 10, 2002 01:43AM
Posted by: Vader
See what we have done, Neron? We have awkened "Boomy The Undead Patcher"!! He even starts asking you about the patch. This is worse than our little fight. Only joint forces can save us now from this creatures of the patchcoder Hell

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 10, 2002 02:36AM
Posted by: Timm
Nooo,

He's arguing with Vader.

I'm going to hide under the table til it's safe to come out.

Date: October 10, 2002 03:02AM
In the past I was alone versus several one...

Now maybe Neron can join me....

Boomy
Date: October 10, 2002 03:09AM
Posted by: Ellis
But see Boomy, you didnt do anything that could bring the forum down

Neron on the other hand talked bout copied version of GP4 - which is illegal

therefore, the site could be closed. We are our own moderators here, but we dont have the power to del and edit posts, so we must do it this way

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 10, 2002 03:15AM
Yes, infact I said that games are too expensive,but we do not have to talk about warez,that is illegal instead.

Moreover I have to judge bugs in perfect conditions to give a perfect feedback,so I must have a perfect benchmark that is the original version.

Boomy
Date: October 10, 2002 03:34AM
I agree games are too expensive, but if you have illegal versions, you shouldnt say it on public forums

1) u could easily be tracked
2) the site could be closed

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 10, 2002 03:41AM
Yep,agree.

Boomer

P.S. It's sounds me strange to agree with ellis ;):)
Date: October 10, 2002 03:42AM
Want stranger? Me and Alex agreed on something, and i even shouted Alex is right lol :D

Date: October 10, 2002 04:01AM
Who is Alex?
Date: October 10, 2002 04:48AM
Posted by: Roly
Neron's gone quiet,has somebody upset him?
Date: October 10, 2002 04:53AM
Posted by: mortal
yes yes enough already ;-) what about those goddamn sky messages........

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
... back to the sky messages
Date: October 10, 2002 05:41AM
Posted by: jp2
havent tried it yet, but i am pretty sure the new gpxpatch will do the job. it still has the box "disable sky messages".

greetings, jp
Date: October 10, 2002 06:03AM
I will go on with my personal crusade agaist who have wasted GP4 huge potential,even if they are IG or GP Team self or Geoff itself.

On the same way I'll do my best ( very few things I can do but I'll do that ) to support everyone has given an huge propeller to fix the fixable,I mean everyone involved with graphic tweaking and of course whom like Renè with GPX and whomever act like that.

Remind these men work for free and without having the source code,well,results of these men are light years far better from who created/produced the game themselves.

Now I'm still too angry to focus a real primary target due to infos missing but as soon as I find the real guilty I do not know what I'll do,but surelly I'll hit him/their contacting Pc magazines ,TV and radio,and fullfilling him with whatever negative publicity my spare time will allow me.

Boomer
Thank you Boomy
Date: October 10, 2002 03:32PM
Posted by: Neron
Well Boomy, at least somebody who understand me a little bit and besides treat me nicely, I won't talk about w_ _ _ _ anymore, because that's the way to ask. About the "missing patch" you mentioned, do you mean how it should work in my opinion?

I must remind to all the members including you Boomy, that I was talking about a backup cd because I won't scratch the damn original cd just like that, say whatever they say. It is my right and yours too. I 've paid as it should and I won't expend money again for a fully bugged game that we have to fix ourselves everytime we want to play decently even meeting the system requirements. I would say to the game companies this : If you can guarantee a fully functional game with determined system requirements, take it out to public with no fear, if you can't, don't do it or if you do then accept the fact that people who paid for your crap will search anywhere a way to fix it and finally...just play withot troubles as it is announced by your publicity. Period.

Vader, you did not apologize with me because you can't face your own errors or you don't dare in public and given this, I don't give a @!#$ about you and your poor way to behave. If you don't think before talk, surely your problems with others in future won't stop. Learn to apologize boy, you lack of it.

Now returning to the damn configuration file, I have installed the game, installed the patch and the patch-over for it, modify the config file and sky messages went away, but everytime I stopped a race and picked another track or even the same one, a GPF error send me to hell. This happen every single time I start over a race without getting out of the game.

So I realized that if you keep the "1" always on the first line, the game won't crash and will be playable without a hitch, at least in my system, a p3 750, 256 ram and a Asus V7100 magic (Nvidia Geforce2 MX 200 with any detonator driver) First, make sure to modify all the in game settings, like graphics, joysticks and so on as you want just ONCE, save and get out the game, go to the config file and JUST change the first line putting the "1" instead of the zero and disable Sky Messages with a "0", save the file (do not modify anything else for now, you will be able later if your game runs ok) then go back to game but DO NOT touch the in game graphics settings or audio settings (it just apply to this 2 sections, the others options can be manipulated, but I won't recommend it neither, just in case), star a race and see how it goes, get out of race and pick another track and start a race again. If no errors ocurred when loading the tracks, you have make it!!! Now you can go back to the config file, make a backup for it and start to change anything you want.

After the first mentioned steps, I have modify the config file to gain more speed and performance (based on the ideas of some members here, thanks) and still work well. If anyone still getting some errors, ask me and I will give you more details of my own config file.

Or if anyone is interested in the config file of my system, just give me your e-mails and I'll send to you.

I hpe this will help you out.

Neron
Date: October 10, 2002 04:20PM
why should I apologize to someone who uses bad language when talking to me? If you had said "I use a backup CD" it would have been all clear in the first place. Your own words let the misunderstanding, my reaction was normal behaviour according to the unwritten codex of this forum: to act against anything that can be brought into connection with illegal stuff. "I have a copied CD of GP4" without any further explanation does clearly belong to this category.

If you don't think before talk, surely your problems with others in future won't stop.
I have no problems with others in here. Some might have problems with me, but there you go. Besides, I am not talking, in here but posting.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 10, 2002 05:25PM
Posted by: Neron
you know what vader? you seem like a greedy nazi and I bet you're a racist guy somehow and certanly a very ugly one.

From now on, say what you want as many times as possible, you are alone on your way because there are many others who don't like you here.

I will continue in the Forum sharing my ideas with the people. It is a nice one.

I just realized what kind of people you are.

I'm done with you.

Hola, soy el hermano de Neron y solo queria decirte que eres un chupapicos. Ojala te guste por el culo marica.

My bro is very funny. I really hope you don't translate that. You won't like it at all.

Chao
Date: October 10, 2002 05:42PM
Oh my God, you revealed my true ídentiy as an ugly nazi - racist. I confess!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 10, 2002 06:25PM
Posted by: LS.
and your greedy :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 10, 2002 07:05PM
Sorry, I forgot that

And most people in here don't like me!

Shoking!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy