Sky messages please help me!!!

Posted by Neron 
Sky messages please help me!!!
Date: October 08, 2002 03:42AM
Posted by: Neron
Please can someone tell me what I need to disable sky messages? The game slows down too much with these....

I have read all the posts here, but in my particular case, I just need to disable the sky messages, not more than that. I have the patch named "protected_patch_v4.0", but WHERE in the f1graphics.conf do I have to change values? I don't see any line called "sky messages" or something.

Another thing, the GP4 CD I have is a copy of the original and it installs the game with a GP4.exe of 7.20 MB and to play without the CD check, I had to put another GP4.exe file (cr*ck) of 5.96 MB, after this I have installed the mentioned patch, so I don't know if it was correctly installed.

What patch is the one for disabling the messages? is there more than one patch (the faulty one)relased? I just know that one.

Please someone just tell me what I need to get rid of these SKY MESSAGES for once!

Thank you all

Neron.
Re: Sky messages please help me!!!
Date: October 08, 2002 04:11AM
Posted by: mortal
Turn them off in in the ingame the graphics menu ;-) first make sure that the first line in the f1graphics.cfg file is set to 0, start gp4 and open the graphics menu, disable sky messages. You can always reset the first line in the f1config.cfg file to 1 so it will be used by gp4 later but the sky messages will remain disabled. As far as i know this should do the trick for you. Good luck with it ;-) btw the patch is a load of rubbish and should not really have been installed, creates more problems for you in the end. If you can re-install without the patch and start over, also do 3 or more calibrations as for sdome reason it needs this to settle down. There are also numerous config files out there for you to try out, see the superfast gp4 post by nuno for starters. That should keep you amused ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 08, 2002 12:46PM
Thank you MortalWombat,

just to know, the new option (disable sky messages) will appear in Advanced (on Graphics Menu) or elsewhere?

I'll try right now, and tell you later what happen.

See you
Date: October 08, 2002 01:35PM
Well I have done exactly what you told me to. Sadly there is no Disable Sky Messages anywhere on the graphics menu, I have tried putting 0 and 1 on the f1graphics.cfg first line, but nothing happen, no aditional option, nothing.

What the heck should I do????

my GP4 game is in spanish as a reference.

Please Mortal, I cannot play like that!!!

Answer me.

Thank you again.

Neron
Date: October 08, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Another thing, the GP4 CD I have is a copy of the original and it installs the game with a GP4.exe of 7.20 MB and to play without the CD check, I had to put another GP4.exe file (cr*ck) of 5.96 MB, after this I have installed the mentioned patch, so I don't know if it was correctly installed.

Probably not, because if it was you couldn't play WITHOUT the original CD (or a well done copy of it - clonecd anyone?).
The option of disabling sky messages comes only with the patch installed, since it replaces your original f1graphics.cfg file and that option is indeed in that file NOT in the in-game menu.
Your best bet is to uninstall GP4, delete manually all folders related to it, reinstall the game, install the patch, tweak your cfg file, replace GP4.exe with the decrypted one fot the patched game (should be 5.96mb one).

Date: October 08, 2002 04:13PM
Posted by: Vader
Probably not, because if it was you couldn't play WITHOUT the original CD (or a well done copy of it - clonecd anyone?).
The option of disabling sky messages comes only with the patch installed, since it replaces your original f1graphics.cfg file and that option is indeed in that file NOT in the in-game menu.
Your best bet is to uninstall GP4, delete manually all folders related to it, reinstall the game, install the patch, tweak your cfg file, replace GP4.exe with the decrypted one fot the patched game (should be 5.96mb one).

This is what we would have recommended if we supported warez and piracy in here. Since we all agree on NOT doing that, ignore above post. NO WAREZ AND PIRACY, or this site will get in deep trouble.

@ Neron:
BUY THE GAME or at least have the decency not to talk about "copied versions" in here. Thank you.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 08, 2002 04:54PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Hey Vader where did you get that I supported piracy in my post?

Date: October 08, 2002 07:03PM
Not you, my dear, but obviously Neron does.

Another thing, the GP4 CD I have is a copy of the original

Even if this is no law, it is a general agreement in here to ignore posts that deal with copies, warez, etc. If Neron has bought the ´game, okay. If not - and his post does imply he hasn't - he must not expect an answer.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 08, 2002 10:02PM
Posted by: dave
Wow, that shows me how little information I take in, I read the whole thing in one hit and didn't notice that bit?

Date: October 08, 2002 11:21PM
Well guys,

Before resuming the topic, let me be clear, the cd I talk before is a COPY of the original GP4 cd that my brother owns, so what's the deal? I am not making piracy or anything related to, we both PURCHASED the program and this is the way we share it, that's all, to my knowloedge píracy is actually sell copies of copyright software to anyone. We DO have the right of making as many copies for backup as we want, as long as we do not negotiate them. Don't forget how delicate is a cd, we don't wanna scrtach it and loose our money forever, don't you think? After all I paid for the stuff.

Maybe mr Vader uses his own cd to play around, but sorry, it is not my case and laws allows me to think that way. Maybe is his post the one to be ignored then, I am not a thief and I don't like to be acused like this.

Now, to the topic...I have done what you're saying on the reply, I figured it myself after the first post, I've reinstalled GP4, I have patched it (official)and I have patched it again (NOCD for official) and only then I saw the line in the f1graphicd.cfg. Well all done, I will try to live with the persistent freezes everytime when it loads a race.

I was very confused at begining, 'cause no one clarified that the patch WAS needed to make it work, someone asked me why I wanted to install the patch? Well the reason now is pretty obvious.

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

Neron.
Date: October 09, 2002 01:44AM
Come on, buddy, give me a break.

I did not actually said you were a thief. I just said that if people say they use a copy of the game it arouses the suspicion that warez could be involved. If you had been around here longer, Mr. Neron, you would have known that discussions about warez almost brought this site down once, so some of us do react a bit, well, sensitive if this topic is brought force. In no ways was it meant to be a personal insult to you. (Besidesd I am not quite sure if copyright law does explicitly allow multiple uses or installations, but nevermind)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 09, 2002 01:02PM
hey vader, who are you?

go bother someone else, would you? I am busy here sharing info with the people, but not really with you.

if you are not sure about copyright stuff, then you better get informed before opening your big mouth.

besides you're talking like you were the owner of this site, and if you actually are...let me know to leave here inmediately and never come back, if not, just keep in your side and don't write anymore, I'm not interested in your opinions, pal.

Are we clear now?
Date: October 09, 2002 01:09PM
LOL,
look at this. I guess Paolo will call me a spinless bigot something again.

Come on, kid. Ofcourse I do not own the site, but I take the freedom to post whenever I like to, wether you interested or not.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 09, 2002 01:09PM
Posted by: Ellis
What the @!#$ u talking bout?

Vader is trying to keep warez stuff away cos it endangerous this forum!

Dont feed us this crap!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 09, 2002 01:16PM
Ellis, we all know how it works. You come to the forum as a newbie with the big wish to be somebody. The shortest way to get attention is to attack someone everybody apparantly knows on the forum. It's like the guy who thought he'd get famous by shooting John Lennon. (Not that I compare myself with John - I got the better taste for music).

We had this a million times before.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 09, 2002 01:18PM
Posted by: Ellis
yup, this is another one of those cycles

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 09, 2002 11:18PM
Well, I see mr Vader is now pointing me to be someone who wants to atract some attention. What will be next?

You call me "kid" didn't you? well, I'm 31 years old if you didn't know...so maybe the kid is actually you....am I wrong?

For the people who's reading these posts here, let me explain this:

I just came here asking about a way to make GP4 work on my system, you can see the very first post on top to verify it. Now I understand that warez are bad stuff to get involved, I respect that in all senses, but I DID NOT MENTION OR ASKED FOR ANY WAREZ OR ILLEGAL STUFF HERE as you can see, then this guy started to speculate about me, he didn't even ask me what I was meaning, then I clarify the things, but this didn't work it seems...not being enough, he gets over and over and wants to continue with the flim flam. so maybe is himself who looks for some sort of supremacy over the others, trying to "keep the forum clean" as it would be the virginity of his sister, then I ask you all, what for??? maybe he wants to be the favorite toy of the REAL moderators of this forum to be -as himself said- someone here, because out there he is probably nothing, but sorry, that's not my problem.

Now, if someone is REALLY trying to get illegal stuff here, everybody will notice that and moderators will take care of it as it should, or even a member but only if he can proove what is saying.

And, yes, I am a guy who doesn't like to be pointed that way, and I react because there is a cause, so what?

Finally, if this goes further I'll simply get in touch with the real moderators to explain that a member is bothering other members and problem solved.

It was not me who started this without arguments, so it isn't me neither who may get into troubles.

I apologize to all members (except one of course) for all this mess, but I won't accept this crap so easily. If you respect me, I respect you, that rules everywhere fellas and you know it well.

Neron
Date: October 10, 2002 12:39AM
1. Of course I do respect and welcome everyone in here (good morning Boomy!)
2. my sister is no veirgin
3. we don't have moderators in here, that's why we do such things ourselves in here
4. I don't need to look for supremacy
5. I am 32 so from my perspective you are a kid
6. you said "I have a copied version of GP4"
7. there is no 7.
8. who has been talking about "getting into trouble"?
9. I was not talking about "trying to get illegal stuf"but about "already owning illegal stuff"

I can only say it again: Hottempered discussions about COPIED CDs almost brought this site down once, so you might understand my reaction. If not, I will certainly not break down and cry.

:-)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 10, 2002 01:12AM
you only need to apologize kid, that's all, face it.
Date: October 10, 2002 01:28AM
what for? that you asked about help with a "copied version of GP4"? I could make it easy now and to apoligize to all except one of course ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy