What in GP4 was made by GC?

Posted by PauloR 
What in GP4 was made by GC?
Date: September 25, 2002 02:53PM
Posted by: PauloR
I've been wondering if the most part of the graphics improvements was made by a 3rd company and the main change in the game is in graphics, what Geoff Crammond made for GP4, because the game its self is the same as GP3 2000, except for GPS data and motion captured pit crews. So I really think that GC only worked to find a way to make the game hard to edit.
Re: What in GP4 was made by GC?
Date: September 25, 2002 04:37PM
Posted by: tux
GC made the physics

Date: September 26, 2002 02:53AM
Posted by: Glyn
...and the AI.

If you look carefully you'll see both these areas have been worked upon, espically the AI.

Date: September 26, 2002 04:49AM
Posted by: Boomy
Yes, I have to admit that the physics and AI have been concretelly improved vs GP3,we can't say the opposite.

Above all the AI is very impressive IMHO,anyway the game suffers heavy bug issues related not to the physics and AI but related to graphic instead.

Maybe GP4 seems easier to drive,but without any aids you can have a good challenging things to manage.

Tomorrow should be the judging day,talking about GC answers,and the next patch ( if it will be released ) will be the great judgement day.

Boomey
Date: September 26, 2002 05:07AM
Posted by: mortal
Boomy, am I seeing things? I can't believe you actually wrote something good about GP4 :-) Things are looking up ;-)
Date: September 26, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: Boomy
I'm not so stupid as it seems.....:) :)

I have always loved GP series...let's say I loved Geoff since REVS....but this is another story.

My blasphemes on sites is related only to beeing so angry to see a huge potential wasted.

Another will is to scream loud hoping someone of GP will read these forums.

I'm waiting and hoping a second patch will be released and hope it at least will take care about major bugs and.....a bit of MP.

Then I can speak with happiness about how to obtain a good time lap,how to setup the differential etc.....

Cheers

Boomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy