Wet weather driving

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
Wet weather driving
Date: October 23, 2009 12:32AM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Halp!

I'm currently doing a race at Australia in the wet. The track is completely reflective wherever you look, I've got a wet setup on and the monsoon tyres on but I'm still lapping miles off the pace. I'm braking early and everything but really can't control the car at all. Starting to annoy me now! Any tips on how I can improve?
Re: Wet weather driving
Date: October 23, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
The differential in the setup is the key to drive properly in wet ;-)
Date: October 23, 2009 01:51AM
Posted by: smorr
HEY! WOA!

I remember putting a list together full of wet weather tips.

[tmp.grandprixgames.org]

Some should still be relevant. Man, those were different times on this forum. WTF! Why wasn't I using proper capitalization?

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: October 24, 2009 08:43PM
Posted by: Cyberacer
@ F33LTH3F0RC3:
- Set more braking to the front (= opposite to real F1 in wet) to avoid locking the rear wheels and getting a spin.
- Raise the rear wing to have better traction when accelerating and a more stable tail under braking and turning.
- Use a lower value at 7th gear (2-4 less than in dry, depending on the track). Set a higher value (than in dry) at 1st gear and set accordingly all the gears up to 7th. It helps the wheels not to spin in lower gears and makes better usage of engine power to get a higher top speed when in 7th.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy