Nuno and Ralph's point of view..

Posted by Boomy 
Nuno and Ralph's point of view..
Date: September 24, 2002 08:34AM
Posted by: Boomy
Hi Nuno,

I saw Raph's point of view about the impossibility of GP4 to have decent liveries cause its low pixel settage of rear wings.( Tobacco missing..)

Do you believe next patch will take a workaround about that?

This could be an interesting question for Geoff,od course after major bugs ones...

Boomy
Re: Nuno and Ralph's point of view..
Date: September 24, 2002 08:41AM
Posted by: Ellis
Well only some cars have this problem - the most noticable which is the Ferrari

Where the entire wing is mapped from a small white square in one of the tex files

Also, its noty only rear wings, its lots of parts

the Benetton/Renault nose (down from the window, to the nose cone), is mapped from a relativly small area which means it looks pixelly.

the Ferrari Bardge boards have very strange mapping

The Ferrari side (behind the front wheels and infront on the side pods) is mapped strangly and doesnt allow real objects to be put there (see me and chunters attempts with the Becks logo for the Jag livery)

the Minardi shape doesnt allow proper exhausts to be put on top of the side pod cos the mapping is weird

the jordan T-Cam and Suspension (and most black bits) are mapped from the black triangle on the top of the side pods. Paint it yellow to get a 2002 livery - then u get yellow suspension and T-Cam. (I got around it by using a 2001 Ferrari shape)

Countless others - Jag is horrible to use

Williams can only have one side pod livery.

Prost shape doesnt allow the Minardi stripes all the way up the side of the car

Best shape i have found so far is BAR (which me and chunter used for the 2002 Toyota)

Belive me, theres countless more problems, as Ralph and nuno would tell you. It would involve remapping every car to make it easier - which is alot of work and i dont think Geoff would do

but i belive someone in the community will - I think i ehard Paul Hoards car editor allows texture mapping to be changed altho i might be wrong

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 24, 2002 08:52AM
We can ask Geoff to let cars' shapes to be edited.

This should be not long to develop,they only need to open for third parts the gate to edit shapes.

Will this be easily possible from your experience?

Geoff told that he don't care about 3rd part mods,so why he couldn't let this option enabled?

Anyway this is not primary target.

Boomey
Date: September 24, 2002 08:54AM
Posted by: Vader
We could ask Geoff to code customized versions of GP4 for allof us. I would like to get my personal CART/IRL update. If not, I'll sue him.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 24, 2002 09:00AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
didn't geoff say he hated the editing of his games cars? for some stupid reason...

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 24, 2002 09:19AM
Hey Vader,

why do you support at the same time a great champion like Mika and a mediocre 2nd driver like Coulthard?

I can sue you for this..

Boomey
Date: September 24, 2002 10:52AM
Posted by: Vader
Why does the dog lick his balls?

Honestly, I'm not supporting both at the same time, simply because it would make no sense to support Mika right now. I am not his marriage guidance counsellor. My sympathy goes to Kimi since he is worthy replacement of the Flying Finn and I have always had a soft spot for this nothern country and its inhabitants. I have never been a fan of Mika just because he is such a great champion - au contraire mon Capitain! I have liked this guy since his early days when nobody (including me) had him on the list. As for DC - I like him and his country as well. That's it. I would support people I like even if they were third or forth class drivers. Why? Because I am no glory supporter.

Sue me and you can carry your ears back home in your hat. Don't forget I am a Supernatural Demonic Being. I can do things to you without even getting close to you.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 24, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: Ellis
Geoff doesnt like the game being edited unfortuantly, altho im sure hes impressed with the stuff we (well i mean paul hoad and RH etc) can do

"This should be not long to develop,they only need to open for third parts the gate to edit shapes.

Will this be easily possible from your experience?"

thing is that i seen pics of a 50% finished Carshape editor. So im sure it wont be long now till we can edit it

Only thing i want is for the texture mapping to be easier. I also heard that Paul Hoads had a way of changing the texture mapping

whether this is true or not remains to be seen.

If it is, then we have almost no need for a shape or mapping editor - what we will need is a Track Editor since apparently this is harder to develope.

The authors are getting there. And very quickly, desptie what you might think.

If i was Geoff then i would make GP5 VERY easy to edit

If it is, then ppl will make mods for it, and ppl will keep playing it for many years to come. This will keep them away from games like EA's and other racing ones and would make Geoff a very happy man, especially if ppl are ignoring other games and playing his years down the line

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 24, 2002 03:16PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
for me only a community editor can solve the mapping problems... still nothing in sight :( but i still believe...

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 24, 2002 04:49PM
Posted by: Vinc
In theory if the BAR mapping is the easiest one to work with we could look at it to understand correctly how it is done and then use it for all cars (when we will have shape editing)...
Date: September 25, 2002 12:19AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Even BAR has some problems...if I'm not wrong, barge boards are mapped from very small part, making impossible to put any logo on them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy