Best steering wheel?

Posted by Pont 
Best steering wheel?
Date: October 18, 2009 01:20PM
Posted by: Pont
What's presently the best steering wheel for GP4?
Re: Best steering wheel?
Date: October 18, 2009 01:23PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
do you mean as a controller for the game, or the steering wheel you see in-game?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 18, 2009 01:25PM
no i mean the best wheel to controll the game.
Date: October 18, 2009 01:51PM
Posted by: Shaddix
Logitech G27, the G25 would also be almost as good, G27 is the newer evolution of the G25, but G25 is a bit cheaper

both wheels are "expensive" though, if you want something for less money go for the Logitech MOMO

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: October 18, 2009 02:52PM
ok but is logitech momo good enough and easy to install? (for gp4)
Date: October 18, 2009 10:40PM
Posted by: mortal
Yes, there is info in the FAQ on setting up a wheel.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 18, 2009 11:12PM
Posted by: mika19b
If you can afford it the Fanatec GT3 RS Clubsport seems the way to go.
Date: October 20, 2009 01:39PM
Posted by: kixxx2005
mortal sorry but I have a thrustmaster f430 and I can't configure it necause the pedal of throttle and brake in the game is the same, I try to configur it in anyway but the problem is the same....can I help me..?
Date: October 20, 2009 01:56PM
I don't have that wheel. Try setting pedals to not combined in Windows controller setup. From memory, in-game the brake is on the x axis, 0 - and throttle 0 + . Steering is on the y axis. Some games place the brake on the irz axis and the throttle solely on the x axis. My wheel is not installed on this computer so I cannot check my axis settings anyway. I think brake and throttle are on the same axis. It isn't a problem as you don't press the brake and the throttle at the same time, at least you shouldn't be. :-) Create a new user set in-game if you haven't already.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 20, 2009 07:58PM
Posted by: kixxx2005
yes solved...thank yopu very much......!!!!
Date: October 20, 2009 10:34PM
Posted by: Hal Adams
If anyone is in the UK and wants a brand new G25 wheel set, let me know.
I have one I'd let go for £100 plus postage. It is not registered with Logitech, so the two year warranty is there.

Mortal - you have a PM. The steering is on y, throttle on y and brake on irz, but they are combined as you say. This is on the G25 anyway. Others may differ.
Date: October 20, 2009 11:19PM
In windows controller, I have combined axis un-checked. The wheel is installed on the simulator comp so i can't really go through all the settings, I'll have a look nect time I start it up.

Date: October 21, 2009 08:57AM
Thanks everyone for advising me...i think i will either buy a G25 steering wheel or a Logitech Momo....
Date: October 21, 2009 01:53PM
Posted by: maruzzu
by the g25 is really fantastic wheel and you can buy with 200 € (150 € less the g27....)
differences are the 4 (in the g25 2) additional buttons on the steering and LEDs that indicate the speed for change (in the g25 no)

scegli tu ...i have the g25
Date: October 21, 2009 02:51PM
maruzzu

at pixmania.nl g25 is offered for € 180 all in. It is easy to install this wheel for gp4?
Date: October 21, 2009 10:30PM
Very easy, see the FAQ!

Date: December 16, 2009 05:23PM
Posted by: bazil83
I just got a Ferrari F430 wheel from Amazon... Great great greeeeat wheel! But not quite as good as the Ferrari F1 Force Feedback wheel I had (the replica of the Ferrari F1 wheel) which broke and Thrustmaster don't repair them :(

But with the F430 wheel, I love using the manettino switch to make incar setup changes; feels great flicking the switch, pushing the buttons etc. With the F1 wheel, I just pushed buttons.

Anyway, as far as I can remember, the F1 wheel's force feedback was stronger and I really liked that; felt like I was fighting it a lot more.
Date: December 16, 2009 11:16PM
You can adjust the FF with gp4tweaker. There was some discussion on that in a recent topic.

Date: December 17, 2009 12:32AM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
Also bear in mind that the G27 does not have a sequential shifter. The G25 does.

Date: December 22, 2009 07:38AM
Posted by: WestPunx
I'm using the Logitech Momo now. It's pretty good for the money, I guess.

Anyone knows how to program the buttons? I can only use it to pit but the others don't work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy