Force's Fantasy GP4 Career

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
Force's Fantasy GP4 Career
Date: October 17, 2009 12:22AM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Force's Grand Prix 4 Career
Fantasy Season 1

I have no idea how many people will be interested in following this. Now that I have finally got a new PC I am going to start a fantasy GP4 career.

As this is a fanasy career things are going to be run a bit differently to a normal championship season, first off, there are only 8 rounds. At each
round there is a total of two races to be run which are 35% long. The grid for both races are decided by a qualifying session before each race.

The points system is also done differently, with everyone who takes part in the race being able to score points, 22 points for 1st and 1 for 22nd.
You may also recieve bonus points for taking pole position and setting fastest lap in the race. Therefore, giving each driver a max points haul of
24 points from one race, 48 points for each round.

At the end of each season, next seasons team and driver line up is based off points. I will go into this more at the end of the season when it comes to
team and driver swapping.

I will be driving as T. Marques in the Minardi team, the first season follows that of the 2001 Formula 1 season.

I'll be posting updates along the way and hope you enjoy reading :).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2009 01:22AM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Re: Force's Fantasy GP4 Career
Date: October 17, 2009 01:04AM
Posted by: RenaultFan
sounds interesting, look forward to reading more :). will you be posting pics as well ?

- Jeremy
Date: October 17, 2009 01:07AM
I may do later on in the season, still haven't got GPxPatch installed yet actually ;).
Date: October 17, 2009 02:08AM
Update

The first race of the season has been run and won, it didn't go well at all for me though.

Qualifying

My first qualifying session for the Minardi team and it goes quite well, I had a bit of a shakey start with quite a few spins but I managed to compose
my self and set a good lap time which put me 9th on the grid for my first race. The top 3 after qualifying where COU, MSC and RSC. Therefore, Coulthard
recieves the first bonus point of the season.

Race (27 Laps)

The race was here and 27 laps of carnage were surely about to begin. My first lap doesn't go well, I spin round the back of the circuit, Montoya hits my
left rear as I get going again causing him to loose his front wing and puncture my left rear. I limp back to the pits but I'm well down the order by
the end of the first lap. By the end of Lap 5 I am struggling to find pace and have just been lapped by the leading Ralf Schumacher. Lap 7 and 8 both
involve me spinning, luckily I don't hit anything or anyone and carry on, just going around at the back, unable to find the qualifying pace I had.
Another spin on Lap 10 sees me take the front wing off and subsequently have no grip into the next corner, I slide off and end what was a very bad race.

Ralf Schumacher took the win and the fastest lap meaning that he will lead the championship. Only the Minardi's of me and Alonso didn't finish the race.

Hoping for better luck in the second race of the weekend.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

Date: October 17, 2009 10:42AM
Posted by: Manofdestiny
Nice idea , very interesting!
Date: October 17, 2009 01:23PM
Posted by: neldav03
looks nice!

Just one thing, why have you used 'McLaren Mercedes' instead of 'McLaren'? You've used the first name for all the other teams...
Date: October 17, 2009 02:55PM
@neldav I guess it's just a habit of mine ;)

Update

Round 2 - Hungary - Race 2 (27 Laps)

Qualifying

Into the second qualifying session of the weeekend and I'm hoping the start of it goes a lot better than it did last time. Immediately a lot of cars
are out on track. My first attempt puts me 2nd on the grid just 0.105s behind Barrichello. At the end of the session I go to put in two fast laps, the
first of which I was ahead by the first sector but spin, I do the same on the second flying lap. Not happy. Top three are HAK, BAR, TRU. Hakkinen will
recieve a bonus point for pole position. I ended the session in 5th which is an improvement from the qualifying session for the first race.

Race

Here comes the second race of the season and of Round 1, I'll be hoping I can do a lot better than I did in the first race, I'm starting from a fairly
decent grid slot and so I'll try and make the best of it. I enter the first corner in 3rd but Trulli makes contact me with me and spin round, dropping
down to last. As I start Lap 6 I am closing in on Irvine ahead, I've made it up to 16th. I can see 12th from where I currently am on the start/finish
straight. Irvine runs wide on the exit of Turn 3 and I take advantage, I also get Verstappen into turn 4. As I come to the penultimate hairpin I line
my self up for a move on Fisichella, however he comes across the track and takes my front right wheel off. This causes me to slide into Frentzen. The
contact takes me out of the race and sliding into Frentzen causes him to become stuck in the gravel trap. Yet another retirement and it wasn't my fault.

The top three at the end of the race are HAK, BAR and COU. M. Schumacher takes the bonus point for setting the fastest lap. There were 5 non-finishers;
Me, Frentzen, Bernoldi who crashed, de la Rosa who suffered a Puncture and Villeneuve who also crashed.

Race results:

Championship standings:

Date: October 17, 2009 05:36PM
Posted by: senna9194
we must add a subsection about gp4carrers ;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: October 17, 2009 08:14PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
senna9194 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we must add a subsection about gp4carrers ;)

We had a thread for stuff like this a few months ago, so you could always check that ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 18, 2009 02:41PM
Posted by: Rico
This si a great format you have been putting up. Very interesting indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: October 18, 2009 11:35PM
Update

Round 3 - Brazil - Race 1 (25 Laps)

Qualifying

We now head into the third qualifying session of the year, which is no problem for me I seem to have good qualifying pace, just need to improve the race
pace. As we head into Qualifyingn the forecast is for heavy rain for the whole of the session, could give a bit of a mixed up grid.

After my first run I am 5th after being behind traffic in both flying laps that I carried out. I make sure that I'm the first car out for the second run
On my first lap I get held up by Alonso who is on his outlap, I pit for fresh tyres and get ready to go again. At the first split im down and don't
improve on that lap, the second lap I'm even slower and felt that the track had given it's best. I eventually end up 10th. The top three of Qualifying
were MSC, COU and RSC.

Race

The race brings very heavy rain, worse than what was seen in Qualifying, things could get a little tricky, we've got 25 laps to come. As we come onto
the back straight I've managed to get up to 2nd by going down the inside into turn 1 and round the outside of turns 2 and 3. As we come into Turn 4
Schumacher gets his breaking wrong and slides off the circuit, leaving me to take the lead. On lap 3 I run wide at turn 4 allowing Coulthard and Trulli
to come past, rejoining in 3rd. Towards the end of the lap I retake the position from the Jordan driver. As we begin Lap 5, Coulthard is starting to
increase the gap between us, I am also doing the same to Trulli. At the beginning of Lap 6 I run far too deep into turn 1 and end up dropping down to
4th. By Lap 8 I was down to 11th after trying to increase the pace gave me a few trips to the grass as well as a spin. With Lap 10 completed I've
managed to get my self back up to 8th, chasing down a sauber for 7th. As we come into Lap 14 I've finally managed to get past Raikkonen into 7th place.
A small lock-up into turn 1 on Lap 15 basically ruins my afternoon as rejoining the track I get clouted by a Jaguar and loose half of my front wing, I
then have to spin back round and get going again down in 15th, a good drive ruined. Me, Irvine and Villeneuve all pit to repair damage, I'm the last
one into my box, as we exit I just manage to get ahead of Irvine but we are all right at the back of the pack. On Lap 17 I've got past Villeneuve and
Barrichello retires with what appears to be an oil leak, this promotes me up to 17th. At the end of that Lap I set the fastest lap of a 1:27, all most
two seconds faster than the previous time as someone pits or retires as I move up to 16th. On lap 20 I've managed to get past Fisichella and put a move
on Button around the outside of Turn 4, I make it stick and can see the leader in front, who by now has lapped us. I put a move on Frentzen around the
banking to grant me 13th place as we come to start the 22nd lap. This is where I finish the race, 1 lap down from the winner who was Coulthard. The top
3 for the race were COU, HAK and TRU. I take the bonus point for the fastest lap and I'm left to think of what that race could have given me.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

What are everyone's thoughts on the season so far? Managed to decide who could be crowned champion at the end? I want to hear your comments on the results and standings!
Date: October 19, 2009 12:02AM
Posted by: n00binio
you seem to have a good speed but you need to become more consistent. maybe you should take less risk, drive faultless and go for midfield positions. when you're able to do this you should try to go to the limit.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: October 20, 2009 12:26PM
Indeed, and have you messed with the perf? :P why is a Minardi that good? LoL. anyway, like noobinio said, take less risks. Then you can finish a lot higher i guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: October 20, 2009 12:27PM
I think im gonna do the same thing with either a 1998 or a 1999 season but then in GP3 ;)I love this format you have made up.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: October 20, 2009 01:33PM
Rico Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think im gonna do the same thing with either a
> 1998 or a 1999 season but then in GP3 ;)I love
> this format you have made up.

Cool good luck with that. I haven't messed with the perf file in any way, it's just the standard GP4 game with the difficulty set to Pro. I guess I'm just good? ;)
Date: October 20, 2009 04:42PM
Update

Right now I'm not very happy with Coulthard or Alonso, their blocking in the braking zones cost me badly.

Round 4 - Brazil - Race 2 (25 Laps)

Qualifying

Into the second qualifying session of the weekend we go and surprise, surprise, it's raining again. Everyone is going out early to get a banker lap in,
hopefully I don't get held up on my flying laps this time. After my first run I'm 4th but some 1.8 seconds off the pole position time of MSC. I go out
for a second run after being knocked down to 10th. I finish the session in 8th, 1 second off the pace. The top three from Qualifying were MSC, COU and
RSC. That means M. Schumacher has scored the most bonus points so far this season.

Race

As we head into the race it will be dry for the whole 25 laps so we shall see what happens, I've not had chance to see the true pace of the car around
here in the dry so far. The start of the race was immense, I got off the grid well and took to the inside for the first corner, I emerged in 1st from
8th on the grid. At the end of Lap 3, Coulthard comes down the inside of me as we come onto the banking, he gets past me and then cuts in front of me
heavily, I'm left with no where to go and half of my front wing is taken off. I pit but I'm in dead last now with a lot of work to do. On Lap 7, Irvine
retires promoting me up to 21st, I'm currently lapping around the same pace as the leaders and gaining on Alonso. On Lap 10 I have caught up to Alonso,
I make a move on him into Turn 4 but he closes the door at the last moment, I slightly tap the back of his car and yet again, half the front wing comes
off, after making my pitstop I end up one lap down on the leaders. From then on it was a fairly boring race, just counting the laps down, had a spin at
one point, finished 8 secs behind Alonso in 21st. The eventual winner was Ralf. Coulthard took the bonus point for the fastest lap.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

Date: October 20, 2009 09:02PM
Update

Another race in the same day, must be bored ;)

Round 5 - Monaco - Race 1 (27 Laps)

Qualiying

For the first time in 2 races, we have a dry qualifying session, it's gonna be really important to get out nice and early here as the traffic at Monaco
is known to be very bad. After my first run I'm 7th, about 1 second off the current pole time. I went out for a second run and managed to improve to 5th.
The top three after qualifying were MSC, RSC and HAK. MSC getting his 3rd pole in a row.

Race

The race at Monaco is always special, with 5 different teams in the top 6 it should be very interesting. As the lights go green, 27 laps of concentration
are underway. The first major event of the race comes on Lap 7 where Coulthard gives me a nudge into the barriers and takes my front wing off, I pit but
drop down to 20th. Lap 9 comes and get a suspension failure, ends my race which could have gone so well. The top three after the race where MSC, HAK and
BAR. M. Schumacher also took the bonus point for fastest lap.

Side Note

In between these two races I took the time to make Excel work out the constructors points for me, therefore all I need to do is enter the drivers finishing positions into each box and it will calculate team and driver scores for me. Then I hit the "Sort" button I have and it will sort them in points order. :)

I have also decided to do 25% race distances now to increase the amount of races I'm able to get done.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 11:09PM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Date: October 21, 2009 01:49PM
Round 6 - Monaco - Race 2 (20 Laps)

Note

From this race onwards, races are now only 25% to allow for more races to be completed in a shorter space of time.

Qualiying

The first run that I did put me in 2nd place on the grid, just half a second off M. Schumacher, who at the moment looks set to get 4 straight pole
positions. This was the only run that I did and it paid off, I ended up 3rd. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take pole. The top three were MSC,
HAK, MAR.

Race

As we head into the race it's looking good for me to get a podium position at least, I need to start improving my results and be a little more cautious.
Once the race had started Hakkinen got a blinder of a start to take 1st, i slotted into 3rd behind Barrichello, M. Schumacher's start wasnt very good at
all. For the first 10 laps I just paced my self, I knew I couldn't catch Hakkinen as he had just gone for it. Once I completed Lap 10 I all of a sudden
felt like I could have 2nd place off Barrichello, On Lap 12 I made that clear with setting the fastest lap, slowly but surely gaining on Barrichello, I
stuck with him and on Lap 16 I finally got past at the Hairpin, I also made the point clear by setting the fastest lap, some 0.8 secs faster than anyone
else. For the remainder of Lap 16 and 17 I put some distance between me and Barrichello. After that I just drove cautiously and brought the car home in
one peice, it was my first podium and the teams of the season. A nice 21 points coming to me as well as a bonus point for fastest lap. I felt it was one
of the best races that I had driven in a long time. Amazingly no one retired from the twisty streets of Monaco.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

Date: October 22, 2009 01:21AM
Round 7 - Imola - Race 1 (16 Laps)

Qualifying

My first run in Qualifying doesn't go too well, I spin on the first flying lap and then took my front wing off on the second, looks like I've got a bit
of work to do after my good result in Monaco. After the second run it looks a bit better, I'm 11th but still 1.8 seconds off the pace. I go out for
one more flying lap but only managed to improve up to 10th. Top three were JPM, COU, BAR. Montoya collecting his first pole and bonus point of the season.

Race

I'm starting in 10th for the race, hoping to score some more big points again. After the first lap I've made my way up to 5th but I'm struggling to get
Trulli off my tail. On lap 2 I run wide and drop down to 8th, from then on I just pace my self and put some distance between me and the car behind, Ralf
is pulling away by about a tenth on each lap in front of me. On Lap 6 and 9 I spin coming out of the chicane at the top of the hill, dropping me down to
19th, on Lap 10 I pass Bernoldi for 18th. On Lap 12, Fisichella and Alesi's battle allows me to dive down the inside and take both of them in one move,
I'm now up to 16th, trying to catch Verstappen. On the final lap, I get past Verstappen at the final chicane, I pushed him all the way and it finally
paid off. However starting 10th and finishing 16th isn't really what I wanted to happen in the race, especially after getting 2nd place at Monaco.
The top three were JPM, COU, BAR. Coulthard stole the fastest lap on the last lap away from Monotya.

Race results:

Round 8 - Imola - Race 2 (16 Laps)

Qualifying

After my first run I'm 7th, about 2 seconds off the pace, just can't seem to find a decent pace around here at the minute. My second run puts me in 4th,
just 0.3 seconds off the pace. That's where I end up once the session has finished. The top three were JPM, MSC and HAK. Two poles in a row for Montoya.

Race

At the start I don't get away very well and slot into 9th behind Kimi. I follow him round and just wait for the right moment, into Lap 2 and Kimi
out-brakes himself into Turn 1 trying to keep me behind. I'm up to 8th and begin chasing after Irvine. On Lap 4 I'm promoted up to 7th as Montoya's engine
decides it doesnt want to go any further. On Lap 5 I make an attempt on Irvine down the hill towards the end of the lap but I am unable to get past. At
the beginning of Lap 6, Panis tries to go down the inside of both me and Heidfeld into turn 1. This doesn't work out and all three of us spin, I rejoin
going across the gravel but Panis and Heidfeld had blocked the track, allowing me to rejoin in 7th. Panis dropping down to 10th. On Lap 8 I spin coming
out of the final chicane, whilst mid-spin I take the decision to purposely put my self into a 360 spin. This meant I didn't loose that mich time and
dropped down to 8th behind de la Rosa and Heidfeld. On Lap 9 I ran wide and allowed Alesi through. On Lap 10 I got past Alesi at the top of the hill,
then I got past Heidfeld at the bottom of the hill towards the end of the lap. On Lap 11, de la Rosa out-braked himself into turn 1 and handed me 7th.
This is where I stayed until the end of the race but I kept applying the pressure on Irvine and put some hot laps in. Button retired on Lap 15. Despite
retiring on the 4th Lap Montoya still gets the bonus point for the fastest lap. The top three after the race where MSC, HAK and TRU.

Race results:

Championship Standings:

Date: October 26, 2009 06:19PM
good progrss in youre rookie yr. You learned yourself to keep a steady pace when nessecarry. good job.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy