menu mayhem

Posted by JKT 
menu mayhem
Date: September 16, 2002 06:20AM
Posted by: JKT
Having got over the continual crashing by installing patch V4, I now have GP4 which works - almost! When I use the mouse to point at menu options, the "highligted" option changes rapidly - selecting all those on the page in sequence. Before a race this is not too bad as the option under the pointer is the one selected. After a race the highlighted option does not move, regardless of where the pointer is and there is no choice but to repley the race. This also means that it is impossible to name the computer or driver for multiplayer as the cursor will not stay in the name box (GP4 seems to ignore the name of the computer used in network proprties). So once again the only way out is a hardware reset.

How can Crammond / Infogrames get away with charging money for this crap? The trouble is that when it works GP4 is very good - better than the F1 2002 demo at least - but I have reached the point when I think it would be less frustrating just to stick £35 down the toilet.
Re: menu mayhem
Date: September 16, 2002 09:57AM
Posted by: Zcott
I think it's something to do with "control driven calibration" or "use joystick in menu". You can find it under menu setup (somewhere in there) or in the controls setup.
Date: September 16, 2002 01:06PM
Posted by: marqugp3
Hi John,

I recently posted the same problem here under "strange mouse behaviour"

First advice I got: disable tool tip information for the menues, that worked for me.

Second advice: Stop all applications running in the background which are not necessary before you start playing, best achieved with Enditall (but be careful with that tool).
This improved the entire GP4 performance significantly.

You may read the above mentioned thread for more details.

Good luck,
Markus
Date: September 16, 2002 01:30PM
Posted by: Lo2k
A third solution is to use split axes for your steering wheel, it appears to be the inverse bug of the original gp4 (split axes was causing the bug and using only one solved it)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy