How about a bikes mod for GP4 ???

Posted by hasbriale 
How about a bikes mod for GP4 ???
Date: September 19, 2009 02:59PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Hi,

People may think I am totally insane to even think about it....

But, could it be possible to create a bikes mod (MotoGp or SBK) for GP4...

This thought only came up because GP4 has so much to offer and with a superb gameplay that can even rival any Bike game.. can a mod be created as such...

I know modders have done a fantastic job so far.. Can anyone try or take it as a challenge and try to create one?

Well I know it does involve complex process and needs a deeper thought process..

This is only to extend GP4 to a newer level ...

Awaiting any suggestions from Modders and GP4 fans...

Regards

Hasbriale

GP4EVER
Re: How about a bikes mod for GP4 ???
Date: September 19, 2009 03:05PM
Posted by: senna9194
i don't think it will properly function...

My GPGSL Career
Date: September 19, 2009 03:26PM
Posted by: mortal
A bike sim has a different game engine, the track has to tilt or give that illusion. For some sim game engines, it is the track that moves, not the player. The player is actually a fixed point and the track rotates or moves past the player, I'm not sure if this is the case for GP4, however, I doubt that the track can be made to tilt to give a realistic simulation. If the source code was available....who knows.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 19, 2009 03:40PM
Posted by: n00binio
i think there were some tests with bikes in gp4 but the projects were abandoned

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: September 19, 2009 04:21PM
Posted by: mortal
The wheels fell off. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 19, 2009 04:28PM
Posted by: fast_alonso
hm the wheels shouldn't be a problem mortal, just shape a bike wheel and than set left and right wheel to the same position. it would look like one than ;)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: September 19, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: Excalibur
But the bike wouldn't tilt on the right or on the left when you turn. It would be strange lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 19, 2009 05:48PM
Posted by: n00binio
i guess making the bike part of the helmet shape and making the car parts and wheels only very small (so you don't see them) would be the best idea

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: September 19, 2009 06:30PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Without having the source code of GP4 a bike mod will be crap. If you like to drive a bike on the computer, just buy a decent bike game.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 19, 2009 07:43PM
Posted by: Laguna
Only this :

Gp500 with motogp mod

GP4-ARGENTINA
Date: September 20, 2009 04:26AM
Posted by: maxi82
gp500 de microprose
all bikes and tracks
available

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 20, 2009 08:55AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Hi...

Nice to see responses....

First things first... Gameplay matters....

Yes, I do understand it can be a bit strange, but for a start anything can be accepted.

And as far as GP500 again.. Nothing get close to gameplay like GP4.. This idea really kicked in because my all time favourite bike game EA Sports - SBK 2001 has a) No Mods b) No Additional tracks .... So it is a bit of a damp squid for me... If anyone has maybe any information of tracks or mod for SBK 2001 please PM me.

MotoGP too lacks gameplay.. Too fast...

But then wouldnt it be wonderful if a prototype is developed by some one to kickstart that no one has tried before.

Just hoping for the best... Appreciate any feedbacks...

Regards

Hasbriale

GP4EVER
Date: September 20, 2009 10:13AM
Posted by: Lo2k
You are more likely to see a track editor for gp500/SB2001 before you will see a bike mod for GP4, because creating an editor could be hard but it will still be 10 times easier than changing game code for a complete new behaviour. (And NO, I won't create a bike track editor, I prefer to say it before someone ask for it ;))

Date: September 20, 2009 11:18AM
Posted by: spoodge
How about Quad Bikes ? wouldn't they be much easier to do, stunts, jumps, ramps etc....4 wheels....the bike doesn't have to lean...hmmmm ;)
Date: September 20, 2009 12:26PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Didn't someone try this using the helmet shape leaning before? It fails... Bikes are too dynamic

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy