Excalibur's workthread-Sauber C29 V.2 [RELEASED] p.1

Posted by Excalibur 
Re: Excalibur's workthread-Sauber C29 p.1
Date: April 20, 2010 02:36PM
Posted by: gap177
@Excalibur,,,,,,,,I made a mistake when writing up my first post-It was late,almost midnite here in Canada. Anyway, it should have read like this. I do not use csm. I renamed the lods to cars_minardi as per 2010 order. I then deleted all the old minardi files(fantasy sauber by axel180-no problems with this car). I then looked thru textures and noticed that I had textures named hi_cockpit.tex, hi_brakeglow.tex, hi_carbfbd.tex and hi_carbon.tex already in my cars.wad which are differant from yours. I then opened car in gp4builder and used the rename texture feature and renamed your textures to cockpit_a.tga, brakeglow_a.tga, carbfbd_a.tga, and carbon_a.tga. I did this for all the lods(10 lods - dbl chkd). I then renamed the actual tex files hi_cockpit_a.tex, hi_brakeglow_a.tex,, hi_carbfbd_a.tex, and hi_carbon_a.tex. I do believe i've done this correctly as i've done this in the past when I have had conflicting tex files. I downloaded a Sauber by josekat-same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, car looks great when the textures aren't disappearing.

Sorry for my mistake and hopefully you can help now as have written it up correctly. I know the game quite well, i`ve been playing-editing the game since the day gp4 arrived in Canada.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 20, 2010 02:42PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great work thanks but I have problems that car turns out white from long distance when driving with some other car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 02:43PM by vesuvius.
Date: April 20, 2010 03:57PM
Posted by: gezere
Arnaud,
the solution is @ RSCT forum.....

Date: April 20, 2010 04:23PM
@Gezere,,,,,,could you please post the solution here or post link to your forum. Thanks in advance.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 20, 2010 07:19PM
gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arnaud,
> the solution is @ RSCT forum.....

Bernard what is the link for RSCT forum/site?:)
Date: April 20, 2010 08:40PM
Posted by: Excalibur
gezere écrivait:
> Arnaud,
> the solution is @ RSCT forum.....

For those who have problems with textures, I will post the solution that Bernard gave me or a link with new files later....

Thanks by advance for your help, my friend ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 20, 2010 09:09PM
Posted by: gezere
Date: April 20, 2010 09:55PM
Posted by: senna9194
gezere Wrote:
> ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
>
> [img20.imageshack.us]
> g

mate you should repost the image.the link has been covered by a hacker;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: April 21, 2010 12:22PM
gezere Wrote:
> ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
>
> [img20.imageshack.us]
> g

looks like my eyes don't see so well because link looks blured :o
Date: April 21, 2010 02:41PM
Strange, it isn't blured for me. You should set your screen settings ;)

New link page 1.
- For those who had troubles with the textures, problem fixed now.
- Mirrors fixed
- New lower lods

Sorry for the inconvenience...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 21, 2010 02:53PM
Excalibur Wrote:
> Strange, it isn't blured for me. You should set
> your screen settings ;)
>
> New link page 1.
> - For those who had troubles with the textures,
> problem fixed now.
> - Mirrors fixed
> - New lower lods
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience...

that's because you know the link already ;)

thanks for the updates, will test : )
Date: April 21, 2010 04:02PM
Thanks for the great car Excalibur!! Looks great in game and the lower lods are appreciated. Top notch work again! On a side note, will you be making new videos for the 2010 season? - last years were awesome.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 21, 2010 04:04PM
Posted by: exqo
Excellent work my friend ! :)
Keep working as well ! :)

--------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2010 04:15PM by exqo.
Date: April 21, 2010 04:14PM
Thanks for feedback... I'm reassured that all work fine now...

Merci Exqo ;-)

@ Gap177: yes, I would like to make some videos for 2010 but I've got others works to finish first.
So, I think there will be 2010 videos before summer;-)

Date: April 21, 2010 04:16PM
Posted by: sei999
Excalibur you're a very great work!!(Y)

Because I am `Kobayashi` fan, I am very glad.

Thanks Med texture and the lower lods!

Thank you very much:-)
Date: April 21, 2010 04:37PM
Posted by: marcus mendonça
excalibur my friend I still have problems with texture sauber c29, I know you already gave me some tips, but I could not fit properly maybe lack of experience with utilities. if possible please send me the beautiful car sauber with your setting, obs. function as "all the other cars even those converted to the F1MG gp4, so you can help me ... please .. and you know who are all praise for your work you are a genius .... guy is with God and am awaiting the response

Marcus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2010 04:41PM by marcus mendonça.
Date: April 21, 2010 05:14PM
@ Marcus: Thanks for your kind words but you overestimate me a lot, I can assure you.

The car is far to be perfect or just a good one. It is just a simple conversion I made for personal use first with little updates on shape and textures. Seeing people had troubles with Josekast's one, I wanted to share mine because I had no problems with textures but finally, I had to fix some bugs that other people may encounter in their game. But there would be a lot of work to do again, on the shape, mapping, textures, size etc... but I don't want to spend too much time on it or to improve it because it is just too much time spent for nothing and impossible to do, excepted if it is rebuilt from scratch. But by waiting a good modder make his own, it is better than nothing for all who want to play a 2010 season

Marcus, I don't know where your problem come from now I have fixed the problem of the mapping and textures.
Did you try the version fixed today? (new link page 1)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2010 05:20PM by Excalibur.
Date: June 03, 2010 04:27AM
Sauber C29 V.2 (Pack) released P.1

Screenshot by Isaint

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 04:30AM by Excalibur.
thanx alot great car excalibur!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
(H)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy