Excalibur's workthread-Sauber C29 V.2 [RELEASED] p.1

Posted by Excalibur 
Megaupload seems to be having problems at the moment, this is the second file i can't download, ( grl48's hulkenberg helmet is also impossible to download at present) - any other download link available?
Ok, I will edit the 1st post in a few minutes... ;-)

Done: If you still get some troubles to downlod the file, please, wait a little bit...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 08:09PM by Excalibur.
great, thanks - tried the mediafire link and worked first time
Well... I love the latest version!!! :) Thanks for your work Excalibur

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Thanks Excalibur
Cheers mate

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
AWESOME UPDATE
Very well done Excalibur

Cheers Mate
Mercedes W01 W.I.P:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great, Excalibur! Can't to see the car with textures :)
Re: Excalibur's workthread-Mercedes W01 (W.I.P.) p.5
Date: March 13, 2010 01:11PM
Posted by: madotter
Wow, keep it up :)
Re: Excalibur's workthread-Mercedes W01 (W.I.P.) p.5
Date: March 13, 2010 01:52PM
Posted by: NickJW
Very nice excalibur!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Re: Excalibur's workthread-Sauber C29 p.1
Date: April 20, 2010 02:53AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Sauber C29 by F1MG, converted and updated , p.1 for more infos and download link.

Date: April 20, 2010 04:15AM
Posted by: gap177
Hi guys, again another nice sauber which has flashing issues in game from external tv views and when in other cars. Everything seems ok with the car in gp4builder, is this a conversion problem?

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 20, 2010 04:40AM
Hi Gap177,

I have tested the car with all the lods in T-cam, internal, external, TV views, from other cars ect... and I haven't noticed any problem with the textures (flashing, disappearing or white parts). The alpha layers are correct.
So, it is strange! Did you delete all the previous Sauber files and textures before to update your cars.wad?
This is not a problem of conversion or original car in my opinion.... But maybe you will have to modify some settings from your F1graphics.cfg file.
Anyway, all feedbacks are welcome to to report this problem again, I will check again all the files but I wonder why all the people don't have this problem. So,it would mean that it comes from the graphics settings probably....

Date: April 20, 2010 05:25AM
@Excalibur,,,,I do not use csm. I renamed the lods to cars_minardi as per 2010 order. I then deleted all the old minardi files(fantasy sauber by axel180-no problems with this car). I then looked thru textures and noticed that I had textures named hi_cockpit, hi_brakeglow, hi_carbfbd and hi_carbon already in my cars.wad which are differant from yours. I then opened car in gp4builder and used the rename feature and renamed your textures to hi_cockpit_a.tga, hi_brakeglow_a.tga,, hi_carbfbd_a.tga, and hi_carbon_a.tga. I did this for all the lods(10 lods - dbl chkd, did the same with the actual tex files). I do believe i've done this correctly as i've done this in the past when I have had conflicting tex files. I downloaded a Sauber by josekat-same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, car looks great when the textures aren't disappearing.

As for my pc, i'm running a sony laptop Intel core duo cpu T7250, 4G RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT - latest drivers.

Glenn(Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 05:27AM by gap177.
Date: April 20, 2010 05:39AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Delete the prefix "hi_" from your lod files with using the rename feature in GP4 builder; it will work like a charm :D

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: April 20, 2010 06:14AM
Sorry, my mistake,,,,should have read "I then opened car in gp4builder and used the rename feature and renamed your textures to cockpit_a.tga, brakeglow_a.tga,, carbfbd_a.tga, and carbon_a.tga." Getting late here,,,,,i'll look into it tomorrow. Hopefully a solution can be found.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 20, 2010 07:10AM
Posted by: marcus mendonça
Excalibur's great friend I'm still having trouble with the texture of sauber c29 already downloaded his Sauber C92 p.1 vesa and continue the same problem, please help us, my colleagues and I want to get our championship and we are depending on that car, I'm waiting for a solution ..

a hug

Marcus, marcelo, felipe, patricia, ricardo
Date: April 20, 2010 11:48AM
@ Gap: If you change the name of the textures, you have to re-assign the textures into Zmodeler (or GP4Builder) with the new textures names. So, I think this is what you have done (never assign the textures with the prefix hi_ )
Then, deleting the prefix"hi_" on the textures means you are using medium res textures, you have to convert them in a lower resolution ( /2. for example, convert the hi_Sauber_22.tex into 1024*1024 to get Sauber_22.tex med resolution) Always keep a proportionnal width and height when you convert in a lower resolution.
But maybe the problem is that the other cars use another carbfbd.tex for example, so I understand why you rename the textures for the Sauber to get his own textures. This solution could work

@ Marcus: Do you use hi_res or medium textures in game?
If you are using med textures, convert them into med resolution (without the prefix "hi_";) and replace them into your cars.wad. Don't replace the old files by the new one if they ask you (for example carbfbd.tex)

Date: April 20, 2010 01:39PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
thank you excalibur.
you and isaint are a dream team like fongu and raul.
great work on the F1MG shapes!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy