mortal's W.I.P simulator build project [RELEASED]

Posted by mortal 
Re: mortal's W.I.P simulator build project
Date: September 10, 2009 11:23AM
Posted by: mortal
I did a rough wiring job today this arvo and took it for a spin. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 11, 2009 11:34PM
Posted by: IWE
Looks slightly more stable than my [www.playseat.com] combo and lol at difference in costs.. Good work! ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 12, 2009 12:45AM
That's a good looking setup there. 599.00 EUR = 1,010.59 AUD so there's not a lot of price difference. My lady friend had a go yesterday around Sardian street circuit in a V8 Supercar after I fitted the shaker and she said "Oh my, that is naughty, I could get to like this, I think you'd better turn it down a bit." :-)
I made a small box for the subbie amp yesterday and fitted the shaker. Maybe today when I'm in town I can get a junction box that I can plug an extension cord into, I'll wire up the amps, the G25 and the computer direct into the junction box and fit it somewhere. Next week I'll enclose the front and get some car carpet for the floor and finish the painting. I'll take some pics later today.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 12, 2009 04:22AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Download to where please link downlaod for!!!!!!1111oneoneone
Date: September 12, 2009 10:38AM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
Hey mal, the G25 pedals come apart individually and can be remounted easily. Like this guy's done. He's mounted the brake forwards of the throttle for better heal-toe throttle blipping when downshifting in GT style cars.

Don't you find that with the steering wheel on that angle that it feels like you're driving a truck?

Any way, I know you aussies love your V8's and I know this has got nothing to do with GP4 but I thought I'd share this with you 'cos it's the most bizzare V8 I think I've ever seen! That or Clarkson's V8 food blender: []

Good luck with the build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:02AM by Mr Pibb.
Date: September 12, 2009 10:52AM
Posted by: senna9194
Date: September 13, 2009 01:57PM
Posted by: Jithendra
i am inspired by ur project, i want to try my hand in building one myself.
my idea is basic, wat to use the wheel and paddles i already have, any suggestions on how to get started?

Date: September 15, 2009 02:41AM
Jithendra, to get started....first decide what material you are going to build from. I have used 25mm x 25mm x 1.6 box steel, the floor and wheel support deck is 19mm flooring grade compressed panel. I have made a simulator out of timber, I used mdf which is a compressed craft wood and pine supports. Using steel is far easier. Then you have to have a seat, it must be comfortable and adjustable. A mini-amp for the speakers, cheap on ebay, I paid a dollar for mine. A sub-woofer amp and bass shaker is optional, nice to have but it's expensive. It all comes down to how much money you want to spend, and what skills and tools you have to do the job.
I did a bit more yesterday, here's some pics. Undercoated the gear-shift mount and wheel support and spray painted matte black. Fitted adhesive plastic edging to the wheel support deck and gear shift mount. Made a small box for the sub-woofer amp module and painted. Fitted a rear panel with a twin power point and an extension cord power inlet. The computer, the amps and the G25 wired live. Tidied up the wiring until I can get some of that squiggly split plastic conduit. The carpet is on order. Last job will be to enclose the front end in lightweight ply and paint. I don't think I'll bother doing anything with the pedals at this stage, maybe down the track I'll have a look at fitting them upside down. Right now I've filed that in the too hard basket. :-)

Date: September 15, 2009 03:04PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Very nice work, and certainly much cheaper than buying a proper simulator!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 16, 2009 01:29PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
i hope you release this work :-P lol

it's really nice! i wish you a many fun with it :)
Date: September 16, 2009 03:47PM
Posted by: MattLeonowicz
did you build that dog also?

Date: September 17, 2009 12:42AM
lol, no. That is Charlie Brown Esq. He is 12....and has only three legs, due to an altercation with a car out front....meanwhile $8k later, CB is still here. :-)

Date: September 17, 2009 01:42AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Its looks very nice.
How are you going to mount the LCD?
Date: September 17, 2009 01:46AM
Posted by: n00binio
poor charlie brown :(

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: September 17, 2009 02:18AM
The screen will sit on the top in front of the wheel, I also have HD out so I can use it on the wide-screen telly. I'll probably get some pics of it working later today if I can get the carpet fitted and shifted over to the new room.

Re: mortal's W.I.P simulator build project [RELEASED]
Date: September 17, 2009 10:19AM
Finished today, got the neighbour to help haul it over to the house from the garage.
Fitting the front panels, 2mm ply, the carpet and edge strip already fitted.

Hooked up, with V8 Challenge at Adelaide on-screen.

Not available for download sorry. ;)

Date: September 17, 2009 05:53PM
Posted by: senna9194
poor charlie brown.why you don't create a leg for him?:P

My GPGSL Career
Date: September 17, 2009 06:03PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Excellent work! You built it very quickly.
But the result is awsome!

Have fun with it! ;o)

PS: I don't see the link to download it. Release date? ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 17, 2009 06:24PM
Posted by: msater
That is pretty sweet Mal!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 17, 2009 07:26PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Nice!

P.S: You could make a mobile "side arm" place to put your keyboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy