How do I avoid steering wheels information?

Posted by roar 
How do I avoid steering wheels information?
Date: August 31, 2009 10:07PM
Posted by: roar
Hello, I've got a problem compiling my own 2008 MOD: I want to erase all the information displayed on the screen of steering wheels. On original GP4 it is ok, but with MES cars we haven't got screens anymore, so I need to avoid all the written things (like position, lap, mechanical failures...) but the pit menu. I found *.pos and *.uni files are the ones to edit, but I don't know how to erase written things since I get "emptytext" on the steering wheel when I erase original strings.
Does someone know how to avoid "emptytext"?
Thank you in advance.

Bye,

ROAR
Re: How do I avoid steering wheels information?
Date: September 01, 2009 12:22AM
Posted by: Willb
Perhaps you could use a blank character (there may be a special one in the ascii tables or something, have a google, and let us know how you get on :).)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: September 01, 2009 08:05AM
Posted by: msater
You could try putting spaces (i.e ) there instead of words, as I understand GP4 understands a space as a character.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 01, 2009 09:15AM
Posted by: b-tone
look at those uni and pos files from one of my mods

____
Tony

Re: How do I avoid steering wheels information? *** SOLVED ***
Date: September 01, 2009 09:25PM
Posted by: roar
Hello guys and thanks for your answers. Anyway I solved putting a double blank space instead of text in language.uni file. Then I used the Patch.ini file from Settings folder of 1991 MOD to obtain white fonts for pits menu.
Thank you all.

Bye

ROAR
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy