X-Box GP4, no more?

Posted by TrevorWitt 
X-Box GP4, no more?
Date: September 11, 2002 09:34AM
Posted by: TrevorWitt
My German isn't fluid but the gist of this is that GP4 on the X-Box has been canned, discuss please!
Re: X-Box GP4, no more?
Date: September 11, 2002 09:35AM
Oops, here's the link-
[gamesweb.com]
;)
Date: September 11, 2002 09:50AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Sad one Message for formula 1-Fans in the possession of Microsofts NEXT gene console Xbox: After the publication of the PC version and the repeated shift of the console variant ' Grand Prix will appear 4 ' for Xbox now no more nevertheless.

' Grand Prix 4 ' of Geoff Crammond ranks among the best F1-Simulationen on PC and could with release in the summer 2002 in the test of gamesweb. com approximately 87% play passport einheimsen. According to Swiss the Spieleshops World OF Games was now however gecancelt the Xbox version planned for autumn 2002 by ' GP 4 '. Reasons but the small sales figures of the PC version could be. By Publisher Infogrames in the next days concerning an official confirmation and statement not Veroeffentlichtung of ' Grand Prix 4 ' for Xbox one expects

Translation sucks but the meaning is clear.

Date: September 11, 2002 10:16AM
Posted by: genesis
Eh Trevor shouldnt you be the one telling us? ;-)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 11, 2002 10:22AM
They don't talk to me mate, any more than they do you, except when they want a glowing preview/review! ;)

Seriously though, I think that this is not just a disappointment with regards the X-Box, but the decision could be a sign that GP4 on the PC has not sold well or even recouped, the considerable, development costs. So it could also be the end of the PC series too, I hope not obviously, and this is, of course, pure speculation at the moment..
Date: September 11, 2002 10:26AM
Posted by: genesis
I don't think it will be the end of the GPx series....however, I do think that we will not see GP5 until at least late 2004. They know GP5 needs now to be absolutely flawless - in every area. Its almost flawless in the AI and graphics, which means they have to push that boundary further anyway.

After GP5, Infogrames will be replaced with a similarly top games company like Eidos or Konami.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 11, 2002 10:33AM
Basically, I believe Infogrames will be paying a licence fee to Geoff's company, Simergy, for the technology utilised in the game so I guess it would be readily snapped up by A.N.Other publisher if the current deal turned sour. We can hope!
Date: September 11, 2002 04:21PM
Posted by: matthewp
I heard somewhere that they would be releasing the equivilant of GP3-2000 for GP4 on the X-box with an add-on for the pc so they can get all of the bugs sorted out and what have you.

Date: September 11, 2002 04:54PM
Posted by: jesterstear
Trevor, when you reviewed GP4 for PC Gamer did you not notice any of the bugs? After all, you scored the sim rather highly despite it being flawed, d'you not agree? Hope you have read all the historical posts here and on other forums - the GP community is up in arms about this effort! Even the mighty Hummerich has made comment!

BTW Trevor assume you are up to speed vis a vis Racing Legends, the West's new project - will it get a mention in the magazine?

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy