We´re being to harsh with Geoff

Posted by beckzito 
Re: We´re being to harsh with Geoff
Date: September 11, 2002 01:44PM
Posted by: Larry
Is it possible that using very small areas on the template to create the blank parts is their way of keeping the P.O. low since less pixels need to be drawn (if you want to give them the benifit of the doubt)? Some kind of editor would be needed to be able to determine the size, shape and location of each texture to be mapped. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done.

Date: September 11, 2002 02:01PM
Posted by: beckzito
31-CD and Larry:if you say so, i believe it anyway.
Date: September 11, 2002 02:07PM
Posted by: Ellis
The Jordan side Suspension and T-Cam are mapped from the same area as the black triangle on top of the 2001 cars sidepods

If you take away this black triangle, to make a 2002 coloured car, then ur T-Cam and Suspension appear yellow too

The Jaguar shape has hundreads of little mapped squares in what seems like random positions. The Ferrari shape also distortes anything that you put under the side pod area (between the front whell and the side pod)

The Ferrari shape doesnt allow anything on the rear wing or anything major on the bardgeboard.

the Minardi shape desnt allow proper exhaust to be in (Chunter found that one out i think)

What other reason is there for this stupid mapping?

I understand why he doesnt want is edited (kinda), but he went to extreame lenghts to stop it!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 11, 2002 02:22PM
Posted by: CeeGee
And what was it they were saying about how important the "modders" were before this mess was released - Infogames are full of lies and broken promises and as someone who bought F1GP(GP1), GP2, GP3, GP3-2000, and GP4 they will have to produce a FINISHED, EDITABLE game in GP5 for me to buy it - if that is harsh it is becuase I don't like being ripped off.
Date: September 12, 2002 03:24AM
Posted by: Glyn
Hopefully the team will learn from the experience with GP4. The protential is there for a solid game (the basics are solid at the moment anyway), it just needs the beta version removing out of it.

Date: September 13, 2002 02:17AM
Actaully. if GP5 is the last one, as they say it will be, i think they will make it easier to edit - it will make people play it for a lot longer, and keep us away from EA and co

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 13, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: Glyn
I think you'll be right Ellis. GP4 could be a ploy to make us buy GP5, but if they say GP5 will be easy to edit will we believe them now?

Date: September 13, 2002 02:32AM
i wou;dnt belive them, no, i would have to see it for myself.

But dont you think Geoff would get a huge ammount of satisfaction if we kept playing GP5 for years and sales for EAs games werent as high as they hoped?

I would think so.

I think GP5 will be easy to edit cos they want to make fools of EA "look, people areplaying our now, out of date game, and not buying yours"

IMO anyway

Date: September 13, 2002 02:47AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Its the boy who cried wolf. Only its not.More the team who cried editable

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy