We´re being to harsh with Geoff

Posted by beckzito 
We´re being to harsh with Geoff
Date: September 11, 2002 05:08AM
Posted by: beckzito
Hi

Dont get me wrong.GP4 has probems and i do think they should have spent more time in testing it, etc(we all know this very good).
The graphics engine is very weird and as a result a fairly good computer mat not run the game on a decent basis(have to turn off sound acelleration on XP is just stupid).
Having said this (and a lot more could have been writen)i want to say that my opinion is for having such a loyal community that GP is getting right now such bad feedback.And i do not consider this a bad thing to happen.
Anyway, with no major tweaks i have my game running at 35 fps and its not more cos i dont want to increase PO(is now around 40-90).
Think this:if i did not buy the game on its earlier days, i would NEVER buy it right now after reading most of the threads in here.And, even having all the probs, we still continue to come here and talk about it, well, its aint that bad really.
We wanted perfection.They just gave us the best racing game there is.Still we argue(and i understand it).

ps-the patch was in fact a shame.
Re: We´re being to harsh with Geoff
Date: September 11, 2002 05:17AM
Posted by: Boomy
Obviously you have never played a solid game.

Take a look at Neverwinternights and above all on its 2 strong patches relased per month. ( NWN has been released in June 2002 and 7 strong professional patches have already been released. The original NWN version was 10% bugged than GP4 )

Now your thoughts about.....

Boomy
Date: September 11, 2002 05:32AM
i said that fact was a shame, i think its obvious.
my thread wanted to point in direction of the game itself cos honestly i dont know the fault of Geoff in the releasing of the official patch(sounds more like a infogrames mess to me).
Date: September 11, 2002 05:36AM
Posted by: CeeGee
Why then has he made it so difficult to modify cars, tracks etc. I think the community is to dammed leniant
Date: September 11, 2002 05:41AM
NWN is an Infogrames game too.

It sounds me quite strange thay they support so strngly NWN and almost nothing GP4.Both were supposed to be the latest diamonds of pc games.

Of course there several variables and several guilty in this,but I tend to focus on responsible of the developing of the game,Geoff and Nick Court.

If I was the responsible of a project like GP4,I do not sleep during nights thinking about my 10 years fans blaspheming at me.

It's clear Geoff in these last years have earned too many hundreds thousand pounds to take care about fans,nothing more nothing less.

Thank Geoff

Boomey
Date: September 11, 2002 05:43AM
did he?there are 'hundred' of car liveries outhere, helmets and so on.its not that impossible.
is more dificult?well, the game´s graphics are also diferent so how could we think was their intentition to dificult?

ps-pls take this on a honest note, its not my intention to argue with anyone ;)
Date: September 11, 2002 05:51AM
Before having 2002 shapes I would prefer to avoid crashes to desktop,my damages repaired,and a real MP based on TCP/IP and hot seat mode,without hundreds bugs or licences issues....

Boomy

P.S. GP1/2/3 by Geoff Crammond...wow he is a genius.....
GP4 by Geoff....wow....nothing get water closed
Date: September 11, 2002 08:16AM
Posted by: Lilletto
ps-the patch was in fact a shame.

So you know why we swear, don't you?

Date: September 11, 2002 08:47AM
i said i do.
my point is that 'gp1-2-3. he´s a genius...gp4 is a wanker'.
most of you went from 8 to 80...i´m somewhere in the 40.
get it? :)
Date: September 11, 2002 08:59AM
Ahahahah, Beeing italian I had to look at stone-monholithic dictionary to evince the meaning of " wanker " ...ehehehe :)

Cool games do not have an age limit,I say.

BTW...I'm 28

Let's fight with us,granny!

Boomey
Date: September 11, 2002 09:01AM
eheheh Hugh Hefner is still playing indeed :)

Date: September 11, 2002 09:04AM
i was not talking about age btw, lol.
Date: September 11, 2002 10:33AM
Posted by: gnoppi
You were simply lucky enough to play the game without crashes or monstrous errors.

How about those (like me) who aren't able to even start it?
How about people (like me) that have a Pc that runs plain and smooth with half a hundred applications without probs and payed 50 euro for a bugged beta?
Date: September 11, 2002 10:51AM
well, if you cant even start the game something very strange is happening(apart from the known bugs, wich i confessed they really exist).
for sure you have the right to be hungry but i think every game released have some (in this case more ok) bugs.so, i guess the normal was a patch has been released already but as you can see on a previous post of mine, that issue is very doubtful as no one can see whos fault is really.

of course i speak of gp4 according my experience with it (as all), i cannot, obviously, say that people who are having probs with the game are not right but again:we tend to make quick judgments and in my opinion this is all very unclear(specialy the patch questions).
my personal opinion is just to advertise that the game is not that bad on every pc´s(not your fault tho).
hope you get it.
Date: September 11, 2002 10:59AM
Luca try to mail your problems here:
info@it.infogrames.com
Let see if they answer like the english guy did with me.

Date: September 11, 2002 11:02AM
Posted by: genesis
"for sure you have the right to be hungry"

I should bloody well hope so, but what the feck has this got to do with GP4 ;)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 11, 2002 11:05AM
Yup I think he was thinking of the what's for dinner thread :)

Date: September 11, 2002 11:07AM
well, i meant hungry of playing the game :P
Date: September 11, 2002 11:11AM
Posted by: hakki
I wonder why networkrace ?That's not real race (no practice)
Date: September 11, 2002 12:26PM
Posted by: 31-CD
"so how could we think was their intentition to dificult?"

Becasue beckzito of the ridiculous mapping especially of blank areas. I'm a car painter and I know that in every other game when you add some text to an area that is blank on the default car it should appear next to whatever it was next to on the template. Not in random positions all over the car. See the suspensions turning the main colour of the car. He also made it so blank bits were of incredibly small size on the template so that nothing detailed could be added. The main example being the Ferrari wing. It is also noticeable how everything is coded so complicatedly. Also why can a similarly good other F1 game be so incredibly easy to edit that you can change almost everything to be a GT game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy