GP4 Italia: AREA DOWNLOAD REOPEN AND SUBSCRIBING RULES (details on page 3)

Posted by shecky 
Hi mates.

Unfortunately due to the expensive cost of the server (about 2000€ per year...) we can keep in life our site only until 1st October 2009.

We are very sad for this because of as you know gp4italia.org numbers are:

* 6Gb of free download files for users
* 600 unique visit per day
* more than 42.000 users
* more than 30.000 forum's post

We can't use free hosting 'cause of the high traffic that the site does.
In the last mounth we have made (Google Analitycs data):
- 40.715 Pages views

This is last 7 mounth server's statistics:

Month Unique vis.Visit Pages Hits Bandwidth
Jan 2009 12055 22606 175703 1416844 95.41 GB
Feb 2009 9942 18631 166707 1338363 101.84 GB
Mar 2009 12459 21502 189208 1607433 122.81 GB
Apr 2009 16893 27561 301859 2346120 183.69 GB
May 2009 16083 27377 344619 2430170 177.21 GB
Jun 2009 12354 21008 224470 1723158 95.13 GB
Jul 2009 11951 19682 200284 1554465 81.68 GB

We are ready to change completelly our site graphic and layout if someone can support us paying 150€ server's month bill to keep in life gp4italia. And we are finding a sponsor which would support our cause.

Thank you very much for everyone who will help us.

GP4Italia Staff

--------------------------------------
Davide AKA shecky
[admin and webmaster of gp4italia.org]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 10:59PM by shecky.
Re: GP4 ITALIA CLOSE
Date: August 10, 2009 11:37AM
Posted by: mortal
It's a shame that you have to close, I know how expensive running a site can be. This one is in excess of 3000 Euros per year. Hopefully you can find a sponsor.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 10, 2009 11:45AM
Posted by: senna9194
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 10, 2009 03:30PM
Posted by: VELOCIPEDE
ciao Davide
io forse vi posso aiutare, contattami via mail n.trivilino@drivingitalia.net o via skype (il mio nome utente è "ntrivilino";)
Date: August 10, 2009 03:44PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Woah that sucks. Geoff Crammond should sponsor gp-series websites. We are helping keep the games alive for him!

Date: August 10, 2009 06:57PM
Posted by: kubica2
has anyone here ever tried to contact geoff crammond??
I bet he must have some realisation of how active the internet scene is of updates to his game.
I think people of this website should make a concerted effort to get in contact with him, even if its to just to let him know we appreciate what he has done and still play this 7 year old game. I dont think it has been done before. maybe the time is now? if no one here is interested and doesnt try, then i will make it one of my priorities to get in contact with him. I just want to know if he realises people still play his game, and whether he has anything in the pipeline with f1 gaming.
Date: August 10, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: GPGAMES
Oh, thats hard, Davide. It´s very sad to see that the efforts of the team during the last months to keep this great site alive were not successfull. Wit GP4 Italia there are also many many excelent files will be lost for many many people who are "addicted" to this great 7-year-old game.

I wish you all the best and maybe there is one who can help you to keep this site alive- in the las moment.

cheers,
Bastian

--- GPGAMES - Community & Downloads
Date: August 11, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: mortal
Geoff Crammond knows all about this site. He is also a member here, although his ID is top secret, even I don't know it. There's also a couple of fake 'Crammond' ID's.
He hates the fact that his game has been modded. Although he has grudgingly admitted that it does look better and gpx_patch is very good. I'd say he knows all about CSM and probably has it. One of the original Crammond team is a member of this site, although I haven't had a pm or seen him around for over a year now. He said he hadn't been in contact with Crammond for ages, and that was a good while back now. The last time I spoke to him was when he was selling a jacket from the original game team back in 08.
He said we will never, ever, ever get the source code. Crammond has said no-way will he allow it. He knows his game is still popular, and he will not make another, something to do with the licensing. Infogrames sold-out not long after GP4 was released, effectively shutting the door on a new game from Crammond. Without having the source code, GP4 cannot move any more further forward than where it's at now. Having the code would give people like John the chance to have a crack at inserting net code for online play. No doubt a lot more could be possible as well.

An afterthought...and back on topic, one of the main reasons a site closes is lack of funds to support it. If members wont support the site, either by making a small donation or even by clicking an ad then it's inevitable. This is why a lot of sites now ask for a subscription for membership.
Sites like rapidshare now charge for a premium account. Somebody has to pay for the bandwidth. I pay a subscription of US$22 a year for a photo blog site, if the subscription had not been brought in, the site would have closed.
It's strange really, everybody wants to visit their favourite site, for downloads, forums, whatever, but they all want it for free, and when the site closes, they howl in protest the loudest, yet where was the support when the site needed it most?
Even this site is on a knife edge as far as support goes, there are a couple of members who make good donations annually, and the rest is carried by Stephan.
If we turned this site into a pay site, it would be a desert. But if the site receives no support from its core membership, the plug has to be pulled if it becomes too expensive, and that is what is happening to GP4Italia, sad but true.
Think about it, you can make a difference.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 12:22AM by mortal.
Date: August 11, 2009 01:00PM
Posted by: Slasher
I just cant understand Crammonds thinking.

Of course the game is his and he can do with it what he likes, i respect that.

Geez in my eyes i would be proud to see my game expanded and improved on. I would be proud of the amount of interest shown in my game, of course as long as no one made money out the back door from it.

Two comments strike me though.

"He hates the idea of his game being modded?" and, "Although he has grudgingly admitted that it does look better and gpx_patch is very good."

Kinda get the feeling Mr Crammond got screwed with this game somehow and we are paying dearly for it now. I think subconciously he would like to move forward with this game, but his, for want of a better word, pride, is preventing him from doing so.
Date: August 12, 2009 05:09PM
Posted by: shecky
Thanks to VELOCIPEDE, perhaps we have found a solution...

GP4 ITALIA SURVIVE!!!

Davide AKA shecky
Date: August 12, 2009 05:14PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
thant's sound really good for you. Good luck for the re-born :)

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: August 12, 2009 05:20PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
That is really good news!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 12, 2009 08:18PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
GREAT NEWS about find a solution!

Thanks Velocipede!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: August 12, 2009 08:20PM
Posted by: senna9194
ehi shecky,change thread name :P

My GPGSL Career
Is the source code just encrypted or not avalaible on the original disc somewhere?
super__alonso Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the source code just encrypted or not avalaible
> on the original disc somewhere?

Eeeehhhh? What??? 8|

Davide AKA shecky
LOL, I predict any minute now Mr. Crammond is going to show up and laugh at that one. ;)

It's a fair question from someone who doesn't know how it works. Good job on shutting him down without a proper response.

Edit: Congrats to GP4 Italia and Velocipede (Y). I remember uploading a few helmets to the website a few years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 06:59PM by Guimengo.
good news :-) reminds me to ask why i´m not a platinum member even after spending 16€ in total... but even if i´m not platinum, i am really happy to hear that gp4italia is saved
It's a fair question from someone who doesn't know how it works. Good job on shutting him down without a proper response.

Yeah it was a bit harsh, but hey, it was funny! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy