Superfast GP4 ??

Posted by NunoEspadinha 
Re: Superfast GP4 ??
Date: September 10, 2002 12:22PM
Posted by: GLDSW
Ok, so i set all the graphics details to high and put mirrors on etc. Then i test, get 9fps. Ignore this and put fps to 23. Thenm exit and saver, open f1graphics.cfg, change forst line to 0. I do this and get no change whatsoever, wot should i do now?
Date: September 10, 2002 04:30PM
Posted by: GeoMan
Change first line to 1 not to 0!

That means that the game is using the settings from f1graphics.cfg.
Date: September 10, 2002 10:17PM
Posted by: f1steph
Well it's a small world. I've been working on this problem like all of you. I'm running a P4 1.6, 512Mg RAM, ASUS V8170 G4 64Mg. And it sometimes slows down. I see a difference on Fps between XP and Win98SE. On my machine, I've got both (I was scared of upgrading to XP so I keeped Win98SE). On Win98SE I can get 37Fps by putting the details in the mirors to no objects. All the rest is set to max. On my XP, I get 31Fps max, same setup 'cause I did a shortcut of GPxPatch. So I think I'll try the same thing as you guys. And also I didn't know that the pitcrew details could affect the overall performance, that's a weird one man. I'll also lower that one. It's a great game but also a weird one to maximize.

f1steph
Date: September 11, 2002 02:34AM
Posted by: Glyn
Somebody needs to write a GP4 tweaking guide covering every tiny detail. I would do it but my knowledge of the f1graphics.cfg file in the more complicated areas is very patchy.

Date: September 11, 2002 04:22AM
Posted by: mortal
Ok I think that when you enable pitcrew on hi-res it is possible that it uses up some memory somewhere wehen the environment loads in to ram or it hogs an address somewhere or other therefore using up system resources. It is difficult to say exactly why it does this, it's just that testing on some machines seems to prove this effect. This happens on my machine and the same occurs on another installation on a 1Gmhz athlon that I know of. I'ts been seen before in the forum as well. A howto FAQ is an excellent idea as well. It can be hosted on this site. Any takers ;-) A good start is some of the info right here in this thread. Also it should be noted that results are apparently not guaranteed as gp4 likes to behave differently on every machine and it can narrow down to individual machine tweaking, a right pain in the ass ;-)
Date: September 11, 2002 04:25AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Indeed I NEVER had the sky messages trouble.

Date: September 11, 2002 04:41AM
Posted by: mortal
I forgot to mention that turning off 2d and 3d sound gives you a good boost as well. The sound still functions fine so if you really need it it's an additional option you have to play with. Disabling sky messages saves you a tad as well. ;-)
Date: September 11, 2002 04:11PM
Posted by: ramoats
Really Good Idea Neil........I have a feeling the only way this bad boy is going to be mainstream popular is when everyone who doesn't have a high end rig has made there own custom .cfg file. I'm only starting to do this and it's tweak, drive, retweak redrive.....it's going to take forever.......

RA Moats
Date: September 11, 2002 07:01PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
when i posted, at alpha, the first topic of how to increase speed in Gp4.. the old topic.. remember? it had around 6 pages already and i've said there that my idea was to make a kind of tutorial.. anyway i never did it, but some good contributes are there also..

check here: [alphaf1.host.sk]

try this also:
change to:
700 ; [MAIN VIEW] Distance cull ALL track objects past this distance (overides LOD, 0 => off) v2
And this on mirrors:
50 ; [MIRROR VIEW] Distance cull ALL track objects past this distance (overides LOD, 0 => off)

Trackside objects will apear only about 700 meters long if you chose and in mirros objects and cars will apear only in 50 meters.
This dont take out objects, only make than apear gradualy in a chosen distance.

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: October 08, 2002 03:40AM
Posted by: Neron
Please can someone tell me what I need to disable sky messages? The game slows down too much with these....

I have read all the posts here, but in my particular case, I just need to disable the sky messages, not more than that. I have the patch named "protected_patch_v4.0", but WHERE in the f1graphics.conf do I have to change values? I don't see any line called "sky messages" or something.

Another thing, the GP4 CD I have is a copy of the original and it installs the game with a GP4.exe of 7.20 MB and to play without the CD check, I had to put another GP4.exe file (cr*ck) of 5.96 MB, after this I have installed the mentioned patch, so I don't know if it was correctly installed.

What patch is the one for disabling the messages? is there more than one patch (the faulty one)relased? I just know that one.

Please someone just tell me what I need to get rid of these SKY MESSAGES for once!

Thank you all

Neron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy