Posted by: LS.
i altered the 1 for a 0, but it made gp4 even slower :-(

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: Superfast GP4 ??
Date: September 09, 2002 04:15AM
Posted by: mortal
LS
The first line in the f1config.txt must be 1, (0 is the default off)
1024 ; [RELEASE] Game 3D Horizontal Resolution
768 ; [RELEASE] Game 3D Vertical Resolution
0 ; [RELEASE] Enable 32bit mode if available NB. If Windowed then is forced to desktop format (0 forces 16bit mode)
1 ; [RELEASE] Enable hardware T&L if available
0 ; [RELEASE] Run in a window
If it's still slow reduce the screen res references to 800x600 (4 lines in all), try these lines as well, they are from my f1config file.
153; [RELEASE] AutoPerformance (Automatic Performance Setting)
0; [RELEASE] TestedPerformanceLow (Tested Performance Setting)
0; [RELEASE] TestedPerformanceHigh (Tested Performance Setting)
The performance setting lines are created by your system after a calibration when the first line in the text is set to 0. You can also set mirrors to display objects only but do this under a 0 file start up then reset to 1 after the file has been changed. Hope it makes sense ok. I have it running at PO150 race start on a p2 525mhz ;-) I get the odd tiny lock up but I can live with it.
Date: September 09, 2002 05:40AM
Posted by: Glyn
Aha, its finally be explained in black and white :)

Thanks mortalwombat!

Date: September 09, 2002 05:42AM
Posted by: genesis
Yeah I went to try this, but the new patch is making my GP4 crash....man this game is shite-arsed.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 09, 2002 07:47AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
why do you insist in insatll the patch?? even after reading all this..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 09, 2002 08:09AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah?? :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 09, 2002 08:18AM
Posted by: genesis
Cos the damn slow down I get from the sky messages was pissing me off.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 09, 2002 10:00AM
Posted by: GeoMan
I get a very playable game on my P3/1000, 512Ram, Voodoo3000 (16Mb) even in 1024x768.

Slowdown occurs when many cars are very close to each other but you can modify many parameters in the f1graphics.cfg to define the distance that the cars disappear e.t.c. I'll try different combinations and i'll see what happens...

You can also modify the cards.txt file to add/remove specific features of your video card.
Date: September 09, 2002 10:30AM
Posted by: LS.
i altered it ( thanks for the help :-) and was getting 125 P/O at monza and it went down to 70.

but then all my steering screwed up and the FPS dropped, so i came out of the game and into the graphic settings and they had all been downgraded to medium (in advanced menu settings) my FPS had been changed from 34 fps to 26fps.

i changed them back to my original settings and restarted the game but the P\O has gone back up again :-(

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 09, 2002 11:56AM
Posted by: GLDSW
Can someone send me their modified f1graohics.cfg to sicknote999@hotmail.com?

I'm not sure i understand it, either that or i got the same problem as LS, because after modding it myself i get no performance increase
Date: September 09, 2002 12:24PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Doesn't help me like it does for others with a 1.2ghz Duron,320mb sdram and Radeon 7500 64DDR I get a po of 300-400 at 1024x768,200-300 at 800x600 and 100+ at 640x480 at Monaco.But like some people say the game runs diferent on every computer.
Date: September 09, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: GeoMan
Try these settings in f1graphics.cfg for a BIG performance boost:

0 ; [MAIN VIEW] Distance cull ALL track objects past this distance (overides LOD, 0 => off) v2
5 ; [MAIN VIEW] Fade out (cull) track objects band depth as % of cull distance (0 => immediate at cull point)
10 ; [MAIN VIEW] Scale track LOD distance - make larger to force lower LOD earlier
30 ; [MAIN VIEW] Constant min distance in metres for track LOD calcs - make larger to force lower max LOD - else 0 for full LOD range
30 ; [MAIN VIEW] Threshold distance in metres to switch in low LOD track

It lowers the distance that the program draws the background objects :-)
Date: September 09, 2002 07:57PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
LS.. do it again.. and forget what the gfx menu says after you did the trick..

btw.. my game only slows down in the strat/finish straighs.. i think it's cos' of the stands and boxes etc. ... anyone more?

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 09, 2002 10:14PM
i fink its coz of the pitcrew :)

my game slows down on the home straught also

Chris C
Date: September 10, 2002 03:11AM
Posted by: Glyn
I also noticed myself that if you up the quality of the pit crew the games gets extra slowdown on the strart/finish straight even when you cant seem them!

Date: September 10, 2002 05:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Yes pit crew detail has a huge effect but I assumed that this was a well known fact, set the crew to minimum detail, let's face it, you're there to race not watch the pitcrew in hi-res, any gain is a good gain, I will be testing the draw detail distance settings posted by Geoman later to see if I can tweak more. And do not install install the patch if your version is running ok. You will only create more problems for yourself.
GLDSW have you followed the instructions for editing the f1config.txt? Read the posts carefully. Is the first line set to 1? What are your system specs? Same goes for for acepaint, your sytem should rock gp4, what is your os, is it xp? I have it running on a P2-525mhz, it can be done.
Date: September 10, 2002 06:34AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I don't understand why. If you can't see them, why does it slow you down? Probably I'm just being stupid

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 10, 2002 06:37AM
no u not.. i don't know y either :s

Chris C
Date: September 10, 2002 12:10PM
Posted by: ferrariace
I was thinking that the game should run pretty good since guys with slower systems are getting 20+ fps.I'm using windows 2000 pro,sp3 and the latest reference video drivers.What is strange is hen I chage drivers and have to re-calibrate I end up with everthing on low or med. and get maybe 10 fps.From what I have read about the radeon it runs faster at 32 bit then 16 bit.I also have the patch in.Maybe I'll uninstall the game and start over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy