More questions....!

Posted by Hal Adams 
More questions....!
Date: August 04, 2009 10:35AM
Posted by: Hal Adams
OK, I am ready now to upgrade to GP4.
I see the DVD is inexpensive from Play.com, so no problem there.

I also shall get my Logitech G25 wheel in the next day or so, the question now is, with the G25 being so much newer that GP4, do I need any patches to go into GP4, or will I get full functionality on the wheel from the basic GP4 program?

Disregarding any detailed stuff like 2009 car shapes etc (lets walk first!), are there any patches I should be putting into my GP4 when I get it to overcome any known niggles? If there are, what are they and where do I get said patches from?

One more. I am using the GP3 I inherited to get the idea of things. I would like, but cannot yet find how to call it up, the possibility to drive around an empty track. This would give one a useful chance to 'learn' a bit, especially with teh F5 feature turned on! Is it possible on GP4 to call up an empty track?

Thanks!
Hal

PS - just thinking, rather than buying GP4 from Play or ebay, should I be buying it from anyone here to keep it all in the 'family' so to speak??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 10:43AM by Hal Adams.
Re: More questions....!
Date: August 04, 2009 10:46AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
you start with a full install of the gp4 game. Then i suggest you get gpxpatch 3.93, zaz tools 1.26 final.

gpxpatch: [www.xs4all.nl]

Zaz Tools 1.26 Final: [rapidshare.com]

when gp4 is done with installation you install the gpxpatch to the folder and you install zaz tools. When that is done you go to start, programs, zaz tools and select there patchdownloader and select: download 9.6 patch and install it.

When this is all done you go to the folder of your grandprix 4 installation and you select gpxpatch and run the game. Calibrate your sound, graphic settings, load a track and come back, everything should going fine. When you returned you open CSM and it will ask to select your gp4.exe, default folder for mods you say yes, they will be stored under gpsaves\carsets. When csm loads it will ask to convert the wads to fastwads, you say ok.

Now you are ready to install csm mods and tsm tracks.

You can find many on this site: [www.gp4db.com]

If you need more help you may add me in msn if you want with following adress: bigbrother2001@hotmail.com

Good luck
Date: August 04, 2009 11:00AM
Wow, fast! Thanks!

I only popped back to ask what this is all about:

I am looking at this possibility,

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

But then further down is this:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

So, I am already confused before I start!!
Date: August 04, 2009 11:07AM
Posted by: senna9194
if you want my suggest,buy the first one;other one contains community works(i saw Josekast's Mclaren).The first one is simply original one.

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 04, 2009 11:14AM
you don't have to buy that, i send you my private 2009 mod for free
Date: August 04, 2009 11:33AM
Thanks Guys!
Much what I imagined.

You did not comment on my G25 wheel concern - am I going to be OK, or does one of the patches you refer to cover this one?

thanks
Date: August 04, 2009 11:40AM
The G25 will be very good for gp4. I don't have that steering wheel so i can't give you advise on that but there are other members that using the wheel so maybe they can give you a correct answer.
Date: August 04, 2009 04:29PM
Posted by: bdtj1815
Hi

I have a G25 and it works fine with GP4. It cam be a bit tricky to set up a controller in the game but there is a useful guide in the FAQ thead.

If you think it might help I could send you my saved controller setup which might help as you could just load that and use it as a basis if you prefer different buttons for the different functions.
Date: August 04, 2009 05:18PM
Really, really, kind of you - I appreciate the offer.

May I take you up on it later on? I have today purchased the GP4, ordered the G25 but then I have to re-engineer the G25 guts into the simulator I have, then build a suitable computer then get a 32'' screen.. so it will be a few weeks before I get the thing to operational level, and certainly then, any help with drivers will be snapped up!

I just want to make sure that as I am getting these things, they will all patch together and not be a complete waste of time..I am sure I will be asking for more help!
Date: August 04, 2009 06:08PM
Back again:

How would this spec be for a GP4 dedicated PC:

Intel core E6300 2080Mhz with Windows XP.
DDR2 1024Mbs memory.
nVidia geForce 8300 graphics card.
Realtek ALC 880 sound card.

It is a Packard Bell 1569 a friend knows could be had for the transport cost, so if it needed a second ram card would not be a bank buster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 01:26AM by Hal Adams.
Date: August 10, 2009 10:19AM
Posted by: senna9194
2GB of Ram is better than 1GB.

This is my pc:
Intel core 2 duo E6400
Gigabyte p35c-ds3r
vga nvidia 9600gso 384mb
2gb DDR2 Kingstone.

I think that you will not have problems with your configuration.

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy