patch in 2003 but not for free

Posted by Lilletto 
patch in 2003 but not for free
Date: September 06, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Belgian Gamers.nl website is reporting that Infogrames Benelux has announced that the release of the Xbox version of GP4 has been cancelled. However, Infogrames UK doesn't know anything about it, so we'll have to wait some more confirmation for it.
According to the speculations, there's a strong possibility that the game would released as a new title with F1 season 2002 data along with GP4 PC 2002 update during Q1-2003.

This from Matti site.

In the meantime the german Infogrames site has the patch back online again. No comment...

Re: patch in 2003 but not for free
Date: September 06, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: Spike02
what is going on here people?!?!?!:P

Date: September 06, 2002 03:23PM
Posted by: matthewp
its all gone pear shaped down at infogrames innit!? someones for the sack

Date: September 06, 2002 05:37PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
Belgian Gamers.nl website is reporting that Infogrames Benelux has announced that the release of the Xbox version of GP4 has been cancelled. However, Infogrames UK doesn't know anything about it, so we'll have to wait some more confirmation for it.
According to the speculations, there's a strong possibility that the game would released as a new title with F1 season 2002 data along with GP4 PC 2002 update during Q1-2003

At first : gamers.nl is our 'mothersite' at Gp4.gamers.nl and it is not belgian but DUTCH :)

Second : The GP4 for the X-BOX has been cancelled at it is confirmed by Infogrames Benelux.

Third : At our site or gamers.nl hasn't been spoken about ANY addon in what-so-ever.

Fourth : I posted the X-BOX cancellation at matti forum but it has been removed in some weird way :P :)

Anyhow it is sad for the X-BOX owners that it has been cancelled. And i think , although it hasn't been confirmed and it is just a rumour , that we CAN expect a 2002 addon. But then agian : It is just my opinion :)

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: September 06, 2002 06:03PM
Posted by: tux
this is strange

Date: September 06, 2002 07:35PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Niels.. what's your nick at alpha??

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 07, 2002 06:03AM
Posted by: gnoppi
They're fooling us.
I will never buy an Infogrames game before it's strongly tested on the 'net.

Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.
Date: September 07, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: LS.
this is what happens when a big publisher is involved, they force the developement companys into releasing a game wether its complete or not.

before geoff sold his soul to the devil at hasbro he was with microprose and i seem to remember GP2 not needing a patch and it was pretty much perfect when it was released

i think infogrammes have burnt their user base's fingers once too often, and i read on another forum that GP4 has had very overall poor sales.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 07, 2002 08:13AM
Posted by: tux
yep,

i dont think it ever saw the light of day beeing 1st in the charts (or even 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th)

Date: September 07, 2002 01:49PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
Nuno,

NiGhTmArE666 :) Why?

Nuno i got a question for you : A couple of months ago you had made a couple of wallpapers or picture with GP3 helmets in real-time photo's. Are you gonna make some more because it was very nice to see :)))

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: September 07, 2002 06:46PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
i was only asking cos i'm a Moderator since ever there and i didn't knew that you were around ;) ehehehehe

about that pics.. they were made by Ivan Zelenov, but i don't think he will do more than that ones :( cos he had a big crash in his PC some time ago and lost the shape and things that he used to make them...

i can try them but only with F12001/2 helmets..

anyway thanks.. they are really a masterpiece!

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 09, 2002 02:24AM
Posted by: Ellis
"i dont think it ever saw the light of day beeing 1st in the charts (or even 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th)"

Well in its first week

Game, Virgin, HMV, Woolworths

all had it number 1 in there charts when u came in the doors

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2002 02:44AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Probably paid to do that.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 09, 2002 11:45AM
Posted by: 31-CD
Official Charts had GP4 as No1 PC game for 2 weeks. It even got to 5 in the overall charts. You've got to remember lots of casual gamers will have bought GP4 purely because of it's past reputation and paid reviews.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy