OK LET'S FIGHT

Posted by Lilletto 
OK LET'S FIGHT
Date: September 06, 2002 09:24AM
Posted by: Lilletto
It's up to us my friends, to fight for what we believe in. It's up to us now.

This is from Cai and I think he is right.
We have to do something: I know petitions can be useless, like Neil said, and so far indeed even the bug list was useless. But:

1. We cannot do anything else right now
2. It costs us nothing
3. Al least we could say we tried anything possible
4. I know they shot at us and we are dying and unable to shoot back, but at least we shall not die without even cursing them
5. Ask yourselves: what they are thinking of us right now? Answer: if we get not loud they'll give us the same treatment next time, if they see fit.

We have I think a couple of week time, so we can wait for everybody's return from holidays.
The only thing that makes sense now is flood their emails accounts.
I think we should elaborate a single mail, translate it in the languages of all the countries Infogrames has a site.
Each one of us will mail ALL the version of the letter: I mean I will not mail just Infogrames Italia with the mail written in Italian, but IG Germany with the german text, IG Brasil with portuguese one and so on.
Another option is to mail them with another mail subscribed by all of us ( meaning with ALL our adresses written on it).
The general mood of the letter can go from imploring to wry to righout enraged, it's up to us to decide.
Anyway me must make these points clear:

1. Our money was not flawed nor buggy
2. We are not here to be fooled by them or entertained by their muppet shows
3. Paying customers have the holy right to be satisfied
4. With GP4 they are losing their face, with GP5 they will lose our money
5. We will be very cautious and wary before buying GP5
6. Just because so far we were a dedicated and faithful community they don't heve the right to treat us like they did with GP4, because we are humans and we can lose our patience and turn our backs to them.
7. So far we were collaborative, but it takes nothing for us to start to ignore them and their games.

Of course we will spread the word in other forums too and see if we can rally them under our banner.

Have your say.

Re: OK LET'S FIGHT
Date: September 06, 2002 09:30AM
Posted by: genesis
It all seems good to me, Paulo. The attitude of being forceful but within reason is very important.

I'm going to start an e-mail now, to Infogrames UK, if thats okay with everyone.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 09:44AM
Posted by: genesis
ok I've decided I'm going to send them a letter by mail. I'm going to write to the European and International Head Office in France to try and get some answers out of them.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 10:31AM
OK when you are done post your text.

Date: September 06, 2002 11:25AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
A petition is the best plan. I'll do what I can to help

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 06, 2002 12:03PM
Posted by: andrew_S
By doing that all you are doing is lessening the chance they will fix the bugs, or even have more of the GPX series, flooding is never a good thing
Date: September 06, 2002 12:50PM
Let's be clear on this Andrew, I'm not saying that we must flood their mail servers like it was a DOS (denial of service attack), I was just saying that we should make them count HOW MANY disappointed customers are here and let them witness HOW MUCH disappointed they are.
What they will do next I think shall rest solely on their prediction if another F1 game will be profitable for them, not on our attitude toward them.
They are in this business to make money, not annoyances to unsatisfied customers.
Just they have to know that we did not like what they did and do and IF they are going to make a GP5 and sell it they'd better fix GP4 first.
And even IF they won't I think it's only fair for them to receive a few unpleasant mails in exchange for 50

Date: September 06, 2002 03:43PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
BorgDroneX gets ready to ASSIMILATE the Infogames personnel!!!
in this case resistance IS futile!!!

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Date: September 09, 2002 02:57AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
wait til after the OFFICIAL patch??

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 09, 2002 04:00AM
Posted by: mortal
Wake up and smell the roses, they don't give a rat's ass what we think! They already have our money. It's also likely that this will be the last of the series. And as for petitions etc. it's a waste of your valuable bandwidth. They don't read them or respond to them, and they do not visit the forums either. Crammond does not even have an internet connection or an email address! Sorry but you all have to live with it as it is. It's playable and as editing improves it will likely get better as did the gp3 series. These same rants against the Crammond crew have been voiced before as far back as gp2, nothing has changed and it never will! Go for a drive......... ;-)
Date: September 09, 2002 08:58AM
I don't think so mate. 4 or 5 mails are not a waste of bandwith.
They replied to me asking for feedback. Maybe if all we are together something can still be done. At least we could say after that we tried our best.
But if you guys like more keep fiddling with f1graphic.cfg like a teen with the nipples of his first gf, then do. I can't help.

Date: September 09, 2002 09:07AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
ok.....odd example.

Mortal, I know youre probably right, but I just hate to sit back and watch a potentially great game ruined by these bugs. But they havent listen before so.....I don't know. Give it a try anyway. They did'nt respond to morbid's buglist...even if they used it.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy