Legal terms to conduce Symergy into court room

Posted by Boomy 
Legal terms to conduce Symergy into court room
Date: September 06, 2002 09:18AM
Posted by: Boomy
I have a cousin that is lawyer and he said me ( after seeing what is going on ) that there are legal terms to undertaking a formal action against game producer,if thay don't patch it in a decent way.

We are ready to act like that if they go on this way.

When a game is so bugged to deny a minimum level of resonable playability legal terms can start with a 30-40% probability of success.

Let's think about that

Boomey
Re: Legal terms to conduce Symergy into court room
Date: September 06, 2002 09:23AM
Posted by: genesis
Hmm I think you're going a bit too extreme here.

Infogrames have made one shody game, but don't forget they are MASSIVE in the games world - they won't be beaten by 30 people from a message board.

Secondly, we can still make an impact without taking them to court. We just need to think how...

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 10:08AM
Posted by: gnoppi
Make an impact?
How about "crashing the game" over their heads??

Too extreme? Do you think spending 50 euro for a game that can NOT work in any way or form on a platforn they say it works for, and doing nothing to adjust it, is not a fraud to consumers?

What about a car-maker that sell a car that doesn't work on some roads and do nothing for it?
Date: September 06, 2002 10:10AM
Grand Prix 4 doesnt cost the same as a car, thats the difference.

However, you're entitled to your opinion, but you gotta try and think with your brain, not with your heart (very very corny, but very very true). You're thinking rather rashly - so you're telling me you're really going to take them to court? Please.

Date: September 06, 2002 10:22AM
Posted by: gnoppi
No I'm not thinking of suiting these people.
I just think that they are shameless.
The think like - Ok the game is shitty and buggy but who cares? People will buy it, we can blame Microsoft, Nvidia, Intel, Amd, Nasa, greenpeace the Pope and so on, we cash in.
These case proves the above statement. The game was NOT ready for release but they simply couldn't afford to launch a 2001 car-based game in 2003. Point.

The car-makers example was just a hyperbole.
Let's take another example. No one will ever sue a company for frauding ten grams of tuna out of a 100 grams package. But multiply 10 grams for millions.......
Date: September 06, 2002 10:35AM
"I just think that they are shameless.
The think like - Ok the game is shitty and buggy but who cares? People will buy it, we can blame Microsoft, Nvidia, Intel, Amd, Nasa, greenpeace the Pope and so on, we cash in.
These case proves the above statement. The game was NOT ready for release but they simply couldn't afford to launch a 2001 car-based game in 2003. Point."

It might be amazing to belive, but we actually ALREADY know this. Spend some time trawling through the last 100 pages (maybe more) of this forum, and you can see that.

Date: September 06, 2002 11:23AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Boomy, such ideas are pointless. So they made a buggy game. The reviews all said it was buggy, but we still bought it. We would'nt realistically have a leg to stand on. But if you want to pay a lawyer, you go ahead, but you'd better be prepared to lose.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 06, 2002 12:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah i think its very OTT to sue them. The bugs, are annoying but i have seen worse (Hidden and Dangerous) and the bugs havent really spoilt the game much.

I think we all need to calm down and remember thats its the best f1 game out there, and will probably be so until GP5 so ffs just enjoy the bloody thing

:P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy