SlimTex

Posted by Willb 
SlimTex
Date: July 31, 2009 12:09AM
Posted by: Willb
Hey,

Ok is this just me, or is SlimTex IMPOSSIBLE to work.
All i have is a folder of 700+ .tgas which i want to convert to .tex's, so I do the intuitive thing and drag them all the slimtext window under "Batch to Tex" i then tick use output folder so i can specify where to save them (why you wouldnt check this box is beyond me?) then hit convert. All the tgas dissapear line by line but No Tex's are made.

Seriously, how hard is is to convert a folder of tga's to tex's, i tried with TexResizer but it only does it for tex files which already exsist, it doesn't add new tex's.

Its SO frusterating all im trying to do is a simple task!

Sorry if this comes accross abit strong - im just a bit p*ssed at wasting an hour trying to figure this out.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Re: SlimTex
Date: July 31, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: ZaZ
you should select a transparency setting for your tga's
select the whole batch (ctrl + a) or parts of it by dragging a box around it and set transparency to opaque/semi opaque or transparent.
if on Vista or Win7 make sure you have write permissions on the destination folder, as Slimtex doesn't run in administrator mode by default.

ps. if the checkbox is unchecked, then it writes to the same folder as the source files :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: July 31, 2009 01:32AM
Hi zaz,

Thanks for the reply.

They are all Track realted textures, some have transparncy (fences) some dont (adverts) How do i convert them without having to find which ones are transparent and which ones aren't ?

Thanks again
Willb

Date: July 31, 2009 08:10AM
Posted by: samson
open gpmaster,go to tex workshop!
load a tex.file and now,replace selected file with your tgas.
than push downsample textures and save the new tex.file.
Date: July 31, 2009 08:36AM
Posted by: b-tone
> How do i
> convert them without having to find which ones are
> transparent and which ones aren't ?

slimtex is good, but it doesn't know what you're thinking, so you neeed to do that yourself.

____
Tony

Date: July 31, 2009 09:21AM
Yeah, sorry. The TGA format doesn't store that sort of info, so it's impossible for Slimtex to know.
What you could do is store the tex files in Slimtex by transparency and export to TGA.
First select all opaque files and select output folder 'opaque' then select semi and output folder semi etc.
When you are done doing your updates drag the opaque folder onto slimtex and select all and choose opaque.
Then do the same for the other 2 types and when you are done, press convert.

Date: July 31, 2009 09:23AM
Humn, this seems very strange, still at least i know how to use the tool, cheers Zaz, and it is very quick at converting - great work :)

Date: June 18, 2010 09:26AM
Posted by: alexf1man
How can I convert BMP to TEX without the texture stretching out of proportion?
Date: June 18, 2010 03:08PM
Don't change the output dimensions then it should be fine. It's also possible that Slimtex is unable to detect the original dimensions of the file.
I wouldn't recommend converting from BMP to TEX anyway as there is no alpha channel. Can't you use TGA instead?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy