GP4-X-BOX Cancelled!!

Posted by NiGhTmArE666 
GP4-X-BOX Cancelled!!
Date: September 06, 2002 04:35AM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
According to Infogrames Benelux the X-BOX version of Grand Prix 4 is cancelled!

Yesterday www.gamers.nl spread the news that the x-box version was cancelled so i made contact with my contacts at infogrames and they confirmed that the X-BOX version is officially cancelled!

Source : www.gamers.nl & gp4.gamers.nl

To bad for the X-BOX people !

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Re: GP4-X-BOX Cancelled!!
Date: September 06, 2002 04:44AM
Posted by: Boomy
What are your contacts inside?

Could you ask them abbout the damned patch for pc?

Thanks

Boomer
Date: September 06, 2002 05:01AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Makes sense. If the games where identical, then xbox version would be just as buggy, which isnt acceptable on consoles. Sad for the x box-ers though. Maybe this will 'free up' more programmers to help with patch making.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 06, 2002 05:10AM
Posted by: matthewp
that is extremely weird, that they'd cancel at such a late stage. if its true somebody whether its in geoff's team or infogrames has made a big cockup

Date: September 06, 2002 05:18AM
Posted by: Boomy
I imagine GP team officies a place like a stockyard where everyone scream a sound and they run altogheter in a chaotic way on dead corpses of collegues.

The Exchange of NY is a quiet park comparing GP team officies.eheheh

Boomer
Date: September 06, 2002 05:22AM
I asked them about the patch and they told me talk they would come back at that. So if i hear any news about it , it first will be on gp4.gamers.nl :) my website and then i will post it here for the not dutch people :)

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
Date: September 06, 2002 05:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
Oh well

I was going to get it, cos i know somebody with an X-Box and im sick of shitty PC version being the most buggy game in the world

Infograms suck

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 06, 2002 05:55AM
Posted by: matthewp
its confusing though as theyve already spent loads on marketing and all that and they were probably counting on the X-box version bringing in most of the cash as console games usually sell much more than PC (well maybe not with the X-box, not enough have bought them ;-)

Date: September 06, 2002 07:05AM
Posted by: Lilletto
If this is true is sad new because it's meaning is evident:

1 GP4 is a flop seller on PC (could be - I read on the Infogrames site that in July was not on the top 15) so they could decide to not support it anymore and let it rest in peace (should read "pieces";) or

2 The game is so fundamentally flawed that they are not able so sort it out in a reasonable time, not before that since is based on 2001 season, it becomes hopelessly outdated.

Date: September 06, 2002 07:40AM
Posted by: Ellis
"GP4 is a flop seller on PC (could be - I read on the Infogrames site that in July was not on the top 15)"

Im finding that hard to belive cos in HMV, Game, Electronics B, Woolworhts, and Virgin, it was there top seller all at the same time!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 06, 2002 09:06AM
Posted by: genesis
Hmm I think they are probabl just delaying it, so they can fix any bugs AND update it to the 2002 season. If not, it would have been released with the 2002 and 2001 season gone, and it would nearly have been 2 seasons out of date (like GP3 was, which was cruddy.)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 05:33PM
It won't suprise me if they cancel the 2001 version and bring out a addon for the PC 2002 version and a whole (without bugs) 2002 version for the X-BOX

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
Date: September 07, 2002 01:55AM
Posted by: Doug
Seems bloody strange if they have cancelled it completely, but who knows with IG at the moment??? :-.

Delaying it to get a 2002 upgrade sounds a good possibility.
Date: September 07, 2002 06:10AM
Posted by: gnoppi
What a pity!!!!
They could have make the first ever console game that crash!!!
A missed masterpiece.
Date: September 07, 2002 06:15AM
Posted by: Spike02
NO!! 60fps of pure graphic delights delayed!!! WHY LORD WHY, oh man that was my ticket to pure gaming bliss:(

oh well, anybody wanna buy an x-box off me?

Date: September 07, 2002 06:17AM
Posted by: Orpheus
lol a lot of money wasted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy