Posted by Ellis 
Some tell me EXACTlY what the patch is?
Date: September 03, 2002 11:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
Is it German only?

Is it worth getting?

Does it fix anything?

If so, where the hell is it?

(im asking cos threads in all forums are a mess and information is all over the place)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Some tell me EXACTlY what the patch is?
Date: September 03, 2002 11:38AM
Posted by: genesis
Is it German only?

No, it is supported by many languages - including English.

Is it worth getting?

Not at the moment, because quite simply it's as bugged as GP4 already is! So much so, that an update to this bugged patch is going to be released either tomorrow or thursday! Stupid Infogrames....
Also it's not decrypted, and many decrypt tools cannot support the .exe file that the patch is.

Does it fix anything?

Nope. It makes heat haze different, but it now the cars are transparent rather than invisible for a temporary time. It doesn't fix any of the other main bugs. The patch, and the forthcoming one, claim to fix most important bugs in the game, including crashes and pit crew problems. OS performance fixes are excluded however :-(.

If so, where the hell is it?

Dunno the exact address - the link is in one of the patch threads in this forum.

Hope this helps.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 03, 2002 12:55PM
Posted by: Lilletto
The only thing this patch is....a reason to write some enraged email at Infogrames.
Anyway it is on THIS site too lol

Date: September 03, 2002 12:57PM
Posted by: tux
LOL paolo

Date: September 03, 2002 01:06PM
Posted by: LS.
found this on a GP4 website

Infogrames has announced that the patch has still some bugs and the game could still have crashes or problems on some machines, so, wait some days, it will be relased a FIX for the patch

LOL a patch for a patch

what ever next???

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 03, 2002 01:57PM
Date: September 03, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: Spike02
a patch for a patch of a patch perhaps LS ;)

Date: September 03, 2002 07:47PM
Posted by: WedgeAntilles
Well I tried the patch and it certainly needs fixing coz its still autodetecting my graphics as low-med and giving me 24 FPS which sucks on my my machine which in other games I cant put all graphics to full tilt and get 60fps. Id love to see GP4 run at full FPS with all graphics on.

May The DownForce Be With You!
Date: September 04, 2002 02:54AM
Posted by: TrevorWitt
Yeah, it is hard to notice much of a difference, the main thing I noticed is that there now seems to be a brief pause while changing views in the game, not really the patch we were hoping for really. And as for the 'patch for the patch' fiasco, and the lower than expected sales of the game I just hope that this isn't the last GP game we'll be seeing from Geoff..
Date: September 04, 2002 04:55AM
Posted by: Glyn
I hope it isnt too!

I think the game basically suffered from being released with lots of bugs, and then word of mouth put buyers off. After the other GP games sold so well this one should of too.

Date: September 04, 2002 05:47AM
God, patching a patch. Thats @!#$

I duno how it got "great" on ggames.org, it sounds as bad as before

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 04, 2002 05:50AM
Posted by: Lilletto
I think they meant it was a "great" news, not that the patch was "great" stuff to have, which is not indeed.

Date: September 04, 2002 05:58AM
Its rated great in the downloads section

But it is of course an opinion

Date: September 04, 2002 06:46AM
it only got a great because if Bruno's HD got killed then he WILL definatly download again (well you have to if uve got the bugs it "fixes" dont u :P)

Date: September 04, 2002 06:48AM
lol, by sound of it, it dont fix anything!

What i REALLY want fixed is the text slow down, disappearing pit crews, and telemetry to work correctly

Otherwise, it aint fixing anything hugly significant

Date: September 04, 2002 06:49AM
AND

By encrypting the exe witha newesr version of sfaedisc or whatever, they are showing they are delbratly trying to stop us editing it

Bastards :@

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy