Formula One 2009 : WCP Thread (Williams and BMW Released on P3)

Posted by frybender 
Very nice mods, can't wait to get the full one released :D :D
Any fix for the black bmw available?
Can someone tell me if any other cars are going to be converted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 04:33PM by alexf1man.
Yes we are preparing an impressive Toyota TF109. Will be included soon, and so converted. Maybe we are gonna do an improvement on the BMW (Singapore Version), and we should work on the MP4 24... That's all for the moment :)
good news frybender
thanks for the news update
Thx for the cars!
Why don't you guys convert the Red Bull? Sorry, I forgot that it is Mitsurano Sano's one.
iaquinta, any real need for that post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2009 12:53PM by kewell_fever.
haha, iaquinta, you're so funny. Why don't you shut up and just enjoy these fantastic cars?
Thanks WCP
i dont get the joke...
there is no joke...
if there's a joke, it's a bad joke
Some progress of the McLaren MP4-24?

________________________________________________________________________________

Lotus F1 2O1O by Pityr [W.I.P]: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Fictional 2O1O Car [W.I.P] > restart soon >: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Repsol F1 Team [W.I.P]: [tmp.grandprixgames.org]
i tried to fix the annoying black car on bmw´s shape but i failed..

any ideas??
For all of you who are searching how to fix black (converted) cars, I had a similar case reported to me today and I found the solution.
I have to admit it was one of the toughest problem I saw since a long time as it took me around 5 hours to get it fixed, using every tips I knew.
Anyway, as usual, the final solution is easy if not obvious : texture mapping coordinates must be in 0..1 range. That's all.

Some converted cars are using weird coordinates for mapping like values between 1 and 2. For tracks, this is not a trouble because game engine knows it has to repeat texture to get the overset coordinate but for cars, it seems it doesn't repeat texture and just fill the out of bound surface with any colour.
We experimented the same trouble before when tools like TexResizer were able to change a texture but didn't change internal sizes. Either we only saw a fraction of the texture either we saw black areas.
The same applies here.
And hopefully, Gp4Builder can help you to fix it.
So check the coordinates from some of your shape vertice and note if U or V values are always higher than one.
Then for each part of the car, use the advanced texture button and set a displacement of -1 for the according coordinate (let's say you noticed V coordinates over 1, then set U to 0 and V to -1 and apply).
This way texture coordinates will be in standard range again and will be displayed correctly.

All in all, you can thank Strathcarse (that's his pseudo on my forum, I don't know his pseudo on gpg) for having submitted his problem to me and for having reported to me you guys had the same problem here in order I could explain why and how it could be fixed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 08:32PM by Lo2k.
Lo2k

i opened the shape and all displace values are 0 and 0...

what should i do?
thanks
Hi,

Just put V: -1 and apply it to the selected part of the car. Do it for each part of the car (Part0, Part1...etc of cockpit) and again for each pieces of the car (cockpit, engin...etc).

You can check the result by double-clicking on a part and then a face, you'll see U and V values, they should be between 0 and 1.

Again thank to Lo2k
nice.. now the car is ok.
thanks a lot for the explanation.

________WELCOME BACK SCHUMMY!!________
A shame I didn't see this thread sooner.
It' looks like to be the same problem we spoke about there is more than 1 year

look at the end of the page 1

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 11:00PM by gezere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy