New to GP4

Posted by Jace 
New to GP4
Date: June 30, 2009 08:46PM
Posted by: Jace
Hi, noob here.

I've had a look through the FAQ's but there are a couple of questions I have:

Are there recent season updates (e.g. 2006/7/8) available as 1 file only instead of downloading several files? Not to sure how to update to 2009.

I've downloaded the official, decrypted & GPx patches. Are there any other essential downloads / MODS?

As I'm not to technically minded when it comes to grand prix cars, are there any ready made car set-ups for each track?

...and finally, can anyone recommend a decent steering wheel for under £50.

Thanks for any replies.

edit - just noticed this has been posted in the Other Games forum. Can it be transferred to Grand Prix 4?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 08:49PM by Jace.
Re: New to GP4
Date: June 30, 2009 09:11PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hi, look for ZaZ Tools, it has CSM and TSM, a program to easily add tracks and carsets to GP4. Also look for GPxPatch, and actually install it and run it first with GP4 before you install other stuff.

Also check for posts by b-tone and click on his signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 09:11PM by Guimengo.
Date: June 30, 2009 10:45PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
You should download GP4 Tweaker - seach the gp4 forum for it (I think there is a link in the FAQ) There are 2006/7 mods, and you can update to 2008 or 2009, but not sure that there is a single mod yet - you probably have to download all the cars seperately. Again, do a search on the GP4 forum.

But a very good website to get you started is here: [www.gp4db.com] That has some tools (including carset manager and track set manager) as well as lots of cars, mods and tracks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 10:49PM by Go Alesi.
Date: June 30, 2009 11:19PM
Cheers for the replies.

I've downloaded TSM & CSM but they seem pretty complicated - not sure what to actually do next. Is there some sort of tutorial. Basically I'd just like a bit more up to date version of GP4.
Date: June 30, 2009 11:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
For CSM, basically this:

Make sure you have run GPxPatch before (like load GP4, change the ingame settings to what you like, maybe quickly load a Quick Race and exit the game, ticking the box to save. Then you can run CSM without issues. Now, for CSM: download a mod, it will come with a cuh file or something, simply double click it or open CSM and file > install carset. It's that easy. Then each line you see on CSM is something you can click to edit, the appropriate scroll bars will appear for you.

TSM should be similar but I never got my tweaks to load in properly there.
Date: July 01, 2009 06:43PM
Thanks for that. Got it updated to 2006.

One of my other questions was a wheel recommendation. Anyone got a Logitech Formula Force EX and are they any good. I can pick a new 1 up for £37.
Date: July 01, 2009 07:21PM
Posted by: zirak
I would love to have one my self!
Date: July 10, 2009 02:15PM
Ok, got myself a Logitech Formula Force EX wheel but the FF doesn't work in GP4 even though it is enabled in my wheel profile. It is also enabled in the Logitech software settings. Any ideas.

Also when in the pits, how do I select the options on the wheel in the game (i.e. fuel, tyres etc) with the buttons on my wheel? Than ks for any replies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy