sim cockpit project on the go

Posted by mortal 
sim cockpit project on the go
Date: September 02, 2002 03:53AM
Posted by: mortal
I'm making an F1 simulator cockpit out of 12mm craftwood or what is known here in aus as mdf, in two sections so it will be pretty easy to set up and even transport if needed. I've got the front pod section cut out and after some filing and sanding it will be ready for glueing and screwing together. I will use my logitech modena 360 wheel and pedal set and the pedal base plate will need some modification to get the correct angle, this I will make adjustable inside the front pod to allow the kiddies to have a bash. What started me on this was the hopeless driving possie sitting at a desk, I was even chasing the pedal set around under the desk until I glued velcro strips on it and now it's a permanent fixture on the carpet :-) Anyway, does anyone out there have some cutaway pics or links to same that will give me a view of the actual seating angle, before I go ripping in to another big sheet of mdf with the power saw I want to be sure I have the seat design angles correct. I've already taken a few pics of the work in progress and later on when I get the chance I'll upload them so if anyone is interested they can have a look ;-) I only really have the weekends so progress is slow at the moment.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: sim cockpit project on the go
Date: September 02, 2002 06:37AM
Posted by: dave
I think I might be able to help you out having made one of these myself. Eventually I dumped it and bought myself something called a Hyperdrive. I will take a phot and send it to you.

Date: September 02, 2002 07:10AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
dave, if u dont' want it nemore u can send it to me :p ;)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 02, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: dave
I donated it to a Kindy (Pre-School).

What a guy!!

Date: September 02, 2002 03:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Mortal, when you finish make sure to show us a pic of it ;)

Date: September 02, 2002 05:38PM
Posted by: Orpheus
yah cant wait to see some pics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 03, 2002 05:22AM
Posted by: mortal
I'll post pics, as soon as I do some more work, going to the snow this weekend so you'll hafta wait :-) In a new thread.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy