Few questions with b-tone's "dummy" 2009 mod.....

Posted by simcut 
Few questions with b-tone's "dummy" 2009 mod.....
Date: June 21, 2009 04:32PM
Posted by: simcut
Hey all

I'm trying to update my gp4 to 2009 as best as I can but am having a few problems which I need guidance with please. Bit new to the manual way of doing it so apologies for the questions! :) Hopefully it will help other people too knowing the below :D

1) How can I make any driving aids I want available no matter what difficulty level? I have the 'Driving Aids Editor' but it patches the .exe file, is there another way of doing it? I'm worried me changing the .exe file using the DAE tool will affect me making other changes to the game, or using CSM altogether....

2) I want to use the Smoke & Dust 1.0 that Lo2k has released with the CSM 2009 mod from Tony (B-Tone), where do I put the onesmoke.tex to enable it to work with the 2009 mod?

3) When running the CSM mod is it possible to change the names of the tracks ingame or do I have to do it manually by going to Menudata/PC/GP2001 and change the file GP2001English.gps (as I was previously instructed to) ?

4) How do I enable the 21st & 22nd driver? At the moment I'm racing only 20 cars but want to use the USF1 "team" that I downloaded pics & cars & grid cars for....but when I try and run the 2009 mod they arent on the grid....how do I allow the 21st & 22nd cars again? :)

5) I'm having a problem with the tyres when in the cockpit, they keep flickering but when I go to the t-cam view (think thats what its called) then there is no flickering and they look fine, what am I doing wrong?

6) For a downloaded car should I put the .tex files in all the 'Std' Hi' 'Low' and 'ExtraHi' folders?

As I say, all of these questions are related to the 2009 mod from b-tone.

Thanks in advance everyone! :O)

Oh yeah, and thanks to everyone's hard work in the community for keeping the game up-to-date, who knows maybe one day we will be able to unlock the code to allow more cars on the grid in anticipation for the 3 new teams entering next year (unless the breakway happens)

But yeah, seriously guys, you are awesome! Without you, this game would be much worse off :)

Sim

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 04:39PM by simcut.
Re: Few questions with b-tone's "dummy" 2009 mod.....
Date: June 21, 2009 04:39PM
Posted by: J-C-2
Ill respond question 1.
'Driving Aids Editor': the only way to add that its via a Gp4.exe
if you know how to do it.
Else you will have to wait to csm 1.27 wich it will include a proper
aids editor.

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Thanks for the quick reply to Question 1, will me editing the GP4.exe to enable the driving aids (as I wish) affect any other aspect of the game? for example would it stop CSM and the 2009 mod from working properly? :)

Re: Few questions with b-tone's "dummy" 2009 mod.....
Date: June 21, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: J-C-2
simcut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the quick reply to Question 1, will me
> editing the GP4.exe to enable the driving aids (as
> I wish) affect any other aspect of the game? for
> example would it stop CSM and the 2009 mod from
> working properly? :)

Use a tool called for that Driving Aids Editor.
A good tricks is to do that via non csm and then move the gp4.exe
to the template and give proper instructions on the swap file to
load this. Its easy. Should take 2 minutes max.

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
1, Whats aids do you want?

2, It needs to go into the maps\resources folder of all your track wads.

3, Best way is to use TSM. Even to change the names and load the originals is possible. Check the guide: [www.grandprixx.com]

4, Did you try enabling it in Configurables, and putting the files in the Cars\Team11 folders?

5, What tyre shapes are you using? In your Rims folder remove car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4, copy car_wheel_front_lod_0.gp4 and call it car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4

6, What have you chosen for Texture resolution in Configurables?

____
Tony

b-tone Wrote:
> 1, Whats aids do you want?

All enabled except steering wheel help please, I can then just switch off the rest whilst racing with the F-keys

> 2, It needs to go into the maps\resources folder
> of all your track wads.

Okay thanks, just updating the 2009 mod now and havent reached 'Tracks' yet, will give that a go.

> 3, Best way is to use TSM. Even to change the
> names and load the originals is possible. Check
> the guide:
> [www.grandprixx.com]
> 1

will do, thanks

> 4, Did you try enabling it in Configurables, and
> putting the files in the Cars\Team11 folders?

yep but it didnt seem to work, will give it another go in a few minutes (I reinstalled gp4 yesterday after buggering it up last time)

> 5, What tyre shapes are you using? In your Rims
> folder remove car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4, copy
> car_wheel_front_lod_0.gp4 and call it
> car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4

**will come back to you**

> 6, What have you chosen for Texture resolution in
> Configurables?

**will come back to you**

Open the Data\Performance\2009-Silverstone.txt file in notepad, and change this:
version=213
to this:
version=863

Then try loading Silverstone and see if it works. If it does, change all the perf files :)

____
Tony

b-tone Wrote:
> 1,
> Open the Data\Performance\2009-Silverstone.txt
> file in notepad, and change this:
> version=213
> to this:
> version=863
>
> Then try loading Silverstone and see if it works.
> If it does, change all the perf files :)

Will give that a try now :-)

EDIT: just tested that driving aid setting and everything is okay except auto braking is greyed out, all others are ok, what should I change it to, to allow auto brakes (I like to toggle it on and off myself)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 06:31PM by simcut.
Hi there

Okay, I've finished copying all the files over etc etc and am having a few problems

1) From a distance cars with new car textures change to their old ones (for example I was behind a torro rosso and in the distance it changes into a mclaren car texture! Likewise with the new Ferrari changing to the old one from a distant view)

2) Team 11 are still not available in the race, I cant find an option to enable them in the mod configurables.

3) I have some problems with the cockpit designs being wrong for each car, I have a bunch of files named as follows, where should I put them and as what names?

cp_arrows.tex
etc*

What names should they use, the correct teamnames so for example cp_brawngp.tex ?

On a plus note I've fixed the problem with the tyres flickering :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 07:04PM by simcut.
1, Probably lower lods - either put all the lods in place, or chose 'use only lod 0' from configurables

2, Might be best to go to the source - open Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_data\numcars.ini and change the 0 to 1:
Melbourne = 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0

3, put them in the cars texture folder you use, ie: Cars\Ferrari\Std. Names don't matter as long as its cp_SOMETHING.tex

For the aids try 895 - that should enable all to be toggled

____
Tony

1: yep enabling lod_0 in the configurables did the trick, how can I change it permanently for the 2009 empty mod to be used all the time? same applies for a specific physics file I want to use

2: yep thanks, that worked, Team11 now appear :)

3: will give that a go, thanks

I tried 895 for the aids but auto brakes has now disappeared

Another problem, the new drivers keep coming up as "One" and "Two" in-game, what file do I edit to change their names? :)

All of the txt files in Data\Performance. Under the [Team #10] heading.

Lod_0 only should always be used once you select it in configurables, and for physics, put a .g3p file into the data\patch folder

____
Tony

Thanks, will try now!

any solution on what I use for driving aids mate? :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy