Great Official Patch News!

Posted by carl31 
Re: Great Official Patch News!
Date: August 31, 2002 03:27PM
Posted by: Lo2k
There's nothing to be hugelyexcited as the buglist on driving italia is very poor and bad :(
half the list enumerate bugs they (if it's really an infogramme list) didn't recreate and can't fix : /
And i can't see anything about the major 2D skymessage slowdown bug which is too visible and painfull to be omit...I really hope it's an hoax.

Date: August 31, 2002 03:48PM
Posted by: carl31
Yeh, sprry about that Pualo, i'm sure i translated it. Must have translated english to english.....lol. And the term imperial means the old fasioned measurements..e.g. yards, inches........Anyway, about that patch, i am now hoping it is a hoax actually, cos there is a lot of stuff missing off that list which needs fixing! Suppose we'll have to make do with what we've got for now.
Date: September 01, 2002 02:17AM
Posted by: sgtbilko
Just a suggestion in case any1 from infogrames is reading - why don't you spend 5 minutes a week updating your web site with basic info like progress on patches etc... You know just talk to us cause I'm sure we're fed up of web sites that say "coming soon" on every other link.

Phil
Date: September 01, 2002 03:58AM
Posted by: Whitey
Mate, the imperial system was used before the metric system. The imperial system is units of inches, feet and miles. The metric system is the recognised system used in science internationally (ever heard of the SI unit). Some countires have been a little slow in adopting it (you know who you are!).

Anyway I personally think they should release 2-3 smaller bug fixes. There have been many games in the past where multiple patches have been produced. A little something now is better than nothing now and something months later.

Cheers
Date: September 01, 2002 03:59AM
Posted by: Whitey
Mate, the imperial system was used before the metric system. The imperial system is units of inches, feet and miles. The metric system is the recognised system used in science internationally (ever heard of the SI unit). Some countires have been a little slow in adopting it (you know who you are!).

Anyway I personally think they should release 2-3 smaller bug fixes. There have been many games in the past where multiple patches have been produced. A little something now is better than nothing now and something months later.

Cheers
Date: September 01, 2002 04:29AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Hehe I live in Italy, we have always used metric and the last time we had an empire was just 1700 years ago :)

Date: September 01, 2002 04:33AM
Posted by: genesis
lol Phil nobody from infogrames has the guts to read this forum for the amount of abuse they'll see about 'em.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 01, 2002 05:11AM
Posted by: sgtbilko
Still they oughta read it - I think they'd find if they had some communication that the threads would be a bit more +ve.
I think GP4 is totally excellent & I love playing it, I don't mind to wait a while for a patch & am happy to be playing now rather than wait for a definitive release. It's not all -ve stuff.

I propose (to infog) that they put a simple message up on their site eg.
"Development of the PC version is currently on hold whilst we sort out the no brain console market - please use alternative sites such as [www.gpgames.de] which will keep you informed of any news which may accidentally escape"

Bit more honest, certainly more truthful...

Phil
Date: September 01, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: Ellis
"lol Phil nobody from infogrames has the guts to read this forum for the amount of abuse they'll see about 'em."

kinda true

Remember Nick Court was here? Producer aint he?

He got a good reception, but he lied and told us that the game would be easy to edit - and thats as bullshit as you get

I wont trust anything this company says ever again - they havent given us a reason to beleive them, but they NOT to beleive them

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 01, 2002 09:34AM
Posted by: Morbid
I dunno if it is a hoax. I kind of hope that it is since the amount of fixes is just a joke compared to the bugs that can be found in the game (and which we btw did find and report to Infogrames). Anyway the "readme" contains a lot of copy and paste jobs from the buglist project. Dunno if that means anything...

And fwiw I took the liberty of introducing the term "imperial units". Welcome to my evil empire ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 01, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: Glyn
Hoax or not, only 1 more day left to find out.

Date: September 01, 2002 12:44PM
Posted by: tux
AGH

this better not be a hoaxs

Date: September 01, 2002 01:50PM
it will be,

go on several other forums and they contacted the webmaster who said it was a hoax

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 01, 2002 06:18PM
ok, its monday, WHERES MY BLOODY PATCH :$ :O :P :D

Date: September 01, 2002 07:05PM
Posted by: Lilletto
You can dowload it here:
[www.jokes.com]

Date: September 02, 2002 02:13AM
LOL

Its Monday morning, i will wait all day, but i dont think its gona come out any time soon, lol

Date: September 02, 2002 04:32AM
Posted by: shmall
Ellis wrote:
>
> LOL
>
> Its Monday morning, i will wait all day, but i dont think its
> gona come out any time soon, lol
>
>

I thinks it a Hoax...... :-(

Simon.
Date: September 02, 2002 04:36AM
i know, i was first one to say that in this thread :P

Date: September 02, 2002 05:48AM
Date: September 02, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: Boomy
It's a spam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy