XP problems please help

Posted by lofasz 
XP problems please help
Date: August 28, 2002 05:03PM
Posted by: lofasz
Hi everybody,

I desperatly need help

my configuration: athlon XP 1500+, geforce 2 MX400, windows XP. 256 DDRAM

despite all efforts of calibration, GP4 doesn't ruin properly.

I tried everything (check and remove unnecessary services, reinstalled directx 8.1, tweakXP)...

please help with any kind of suggestion!

Thanks a lot:
lofasz kozod
Re: XP problems please help
Date: August 28, 2002 05:15PM
Posted by: simonsteele
what exactly is wrong with it? does it crash or just run slow.
If it runs poorly there is a file on here you can use to get it to run better.
I don't know where it is, but i am sure someone will point you in the right direction if i can't find it

Date: August 28, 2002 05:19PM
Posted by: simonsteele
[www.mczepp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]
Try this. backup your f1graphics.cfg file and put this one in your GP4 directory, it makes a hell of a lot of difference.
Once it is there don't change any of the graphics options or GP4 won't use this.
Also try looking through other topics, there are plenty of suggestions about.

Date: August 28, 2002 05:19PM
Posted by: LS.
it could your video card driver, i downloaded the latest version of the detonators and they screwed up my game and it kept crashing back to the desktop

try different detonator drivers til you find one that suits your system spec's

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 29, 2002 04:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Remove XP, restore Win98SE and then gp4 will run, when Crammond and his boys get off their collective asses and complete the patch maybe, just maybe gp4 will run in XP, I once had XP but I was forced to remove it to get gp4 to run. Good luck with it. Some users are able to get it to run but most cannot as far as I know. Good luck with it. :-)
Date: August 29, 2002 05:04AM
Posted by: anze89
My GP4 runs on winXP Pro totaly fine. I must turn dow Hardware acceleration for saund and fine.

Date: August 29, 2002 05:06AM
Posted by: anze89
Maybe you need more ram. Win XP need lots of ram.
I have 512MB ram, but for programs it used only 387MB ram.(Other ram needs XP for him self)

Date: August 29, 2002 05:35AM
Posted by: Ellis
I have 256 RAM in the PC i run GP4 on, works perfectly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 29, 2002 05:35AM
Posted by: Ellis
I have 256 RAM in the PC i run GP4 on, works perfectly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 29, 2002 09:23PM
Posted by: f1steph
Hi people,

You guys are running GP4 at how many FPS? I'm runnig GP4 on XP at 22. And that's by playing with the Hardware Sound acceleration in XP. DO you think it would help if I would replace the F1GRAPHICS.CFG on a P1.6, 256RAM, GF4 64Mg?

Regards

Stephane

f1steph
Date: August 29, 2002 09:55PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"it could your video card driver, i downloaded the latest version of the detonators and they screwed up my game and it kept crashing back to the desktop"

same here L.S. i had to uninstall the detenator drivers and reisntall my old 1's from the cd.

i have winxp pro, 384ram, gp4 rusn nicely with sound accel on full.. if i turn it down the sound is soo crap its all like 1 level and i can't tel wot the revs are doin..

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: August 30, 2002 07:07AM
Posted by: mortal
I rest my case, on every machine the results are different. Gp4 has to be individually tweaked for its OS and hardware config on just about every machine. Users here say it runs on xp yet others ask for help? wtf?..... This really shouldn't be so, other graphic intensive games do not require the same amount of fiddling around to get a decent fps. Still we wait for some sort of fix or even a response from Infogrames.....don't hold your breath. What about the gp4 users who do not have access to the net with user support forums such as this, how many copies of gp4 have wound up in the bin trashed by pissed off users unable to get the game to run? And does Infogrames and Crammond give a rat's, hey they took our money......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy