TCP/IP

Posted by jjarvis2000uk 
TCP/IP
Date: August 28, 2002 02:49AM
Posted by: jjarvis2000uk
hi there i have just got Grand Prix 4 and I went and got my Brother the same game as we wanted to play online using TCP/IP as we play many games online as we live a bit far away and don't really wanna sit next to each other playing the same game looking at each others screens like in a NetCafe~ .......I loaded up GP4 and then went on MultiPlayer and in there said TCP/IP i thought great and then it came to me where does my brother put my IP address when i create a game????or is there a TCP/IP patch??? as we both have the same PC's (1.5 GHZ / 256Ram / 60GB HDD / GeForce 4) in there so the game runs great and we both have 56k modems so it shouldn't be a problem running the game at high speeds........ if anyone on here can help me it would be great as i can see 11 people are online now so one of your guys if you know how to help that would be great!

Thx
James

We all play Games! Why!? Can't we Play Together?!
Re: TCP/IP
Date: August 28, 2002 04:21AM
Posted by: genesis
You can't play online with any GPx game - a tragic flaw by Geoff Crammond there, the plonker.

But you'll kick yourself in the foot - the no-cd patch meant you didnt need to buy 2 copies of the game :(

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 28, 2002 04:26AM
Posted by: mortal
ok here goes, even though tcp/ip and lan protocol is supported in gp4 it does not run as well as ea's f1_2001/2 and papyrus grand prix legends. Use gpx_patch 3.03, both machines must have identical, repeat identical games, both machines should be on cable or at the minimum broadband adsl or on the same isp in preferably the same street, also once a succesful connection has been made a dramatic drop in framerate usually occurs rendering the game impossible to play, try 2 minutes to turn one at Albert Park. If you really want to race your bro online get gpl or f1_2002. They are worth having anyway, you just have to have them all ;-)
ps. they are sims, not games, gpx_patch is on this site and we all play together here ;-) have fun
Date: August 28, 2002 05:35AM
Posted by: tux
GP4 doesnt allow internet play because of there FIA licence (cheap skates at infogrames :P)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy