Throttle loss

Posted by sgtbilko 
Throttle loss
Date: August 27, 2002 01:47AM
Posted by: sgtbilko
Hi, Any1 know why spinning the car often, but not always, causes loss of throttle? It seems like if you spin but keep 4 wheels on track you can sometimes drive out of it but should you have 1 or more wheels on the dirt when going backwards some kind of traction control sets in & kills the throttle? I'm currently playing ace mode with all aids off (xept invulnerability of course cause I'm a rookie really).

Cheers for the good site

Phil
Re: Throttle loss
Date: August 27, 2002 10:24PM
Posted by: FBR_BDavis
The traction control and/or launch control being on will cause this issue.. I have a Logitech MOMO wheel, and one of the buttons on my wheel is programmed to turn traction control off just in case I spin off..

Also.. Too much spinning and the car being too low to the ground could cause the plank to wear down, causing a loss of power as time goes on.. This was the same in GP3.. It still makes me laugh.. Billion dollar cars with a slab of wood stuck to the bottom.. Heheh..

Butch Davis
FBR Motorsports Owner/Driver
Date: August 28, 2002 01:15AM
Thanks for that, I have traction off all the time & I thought I was driving without launch control as it disappears from my LEDs straight after a start.

I still find that the engine labours though when I'm backwards & trying to spin it up to drive out of the skids & I think maybe this behaviour is in the game physics.
It's a bit unrealistic tho imho as you'd have thought that with 860BHP on board you'd be able to use the throttle any time.

1 last thought - maybe the intelligent clutch is playing a part in this?! I have it set on "use gear change" so maybe I can improve that.

Thanks

Phil
Date: August 28, 2002 02:26PM
Hmmm - well with all aids disabled inc launch control playing in ace mode it still completely removes throttle control when going backwards with 1 or more wheels on dirt so it seems gp4 does have some hidden driving aids.

Thanks to all the guys who made the great patches!!

Phil
Date: August 28, 2002 10:30PM
Posted by: FBR_BDavis
When you are going backwards and your car is most likely down to 1st gear, stand on the throttle and "slip the clutch" by trying to upshift.. Basically, you're momentarily putting the car in neutral and allowing the engine to rev, and then engaging the gear.. This should get you out of the grass and gravel a bit quicker.. Be careful though, as you can easily spin the car this way, too.. Heheh..

BTW.. This is also useful for doing Zanardi-style donuts after a great win.. :D 2 legs, 1 leg, no legs.. Zanardi is AWESOME.. :)

Butch Davis
FBR Motorsports Owner/Driver
Date: August 29, 2002 01:21AM
Cheers Butch - it's one of those things that crops up in sims, you can drive at 200mph & sometimes you have less power than a paddock scooter :)

Hehe - I have the rest of the week off - wonder if I'll just spend it all playing gp4...

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy