I just bought a G25. Ask me a question!

Posted by mortal 
I just bought a G25. Ask me a question!
Date: May 23, 2009 12:41AM
Posted by: mortal
I bought it on ebaaaaay! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: I just bought a G25. Ask me a question!
Date: May 23, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: J-C-2
How much did it cost?

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: May 23, 2009 12:51AM
Posted by: dustbinF1
£$?

Did you ever own a DFGT?

If yes, if the G25 didn't have a clutch, or H shifter, would it still be worth the extra money?

DFGT = £60 new these days

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don’t think he has come to apologize."

Ayrton Senna (1960 - 1994)
Date: May 23, 2009 01:02AM
Posted by: Bfergy
Awesome, enjoy this fantastic wheel. This is our set up here.
[img268.imageshack.us]
Over the top maybe but great fun:-)
Date: May 23, 2009 01:05AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
That's damm cool mate :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: May 23, 2009 01:28AM
I paid A$260 incl postage. Third try to win one. Never owned a DFGT. I have a Logitech Ferrari FF on my simulator. The plan is to build a new one, I'm now looking for a racing seat.
Nice setup bfergy. :-)
My only complaint with the wheel is the insecure mounting on the wheel housing. It could have done with an extra mounting screw at the rear, similar to the gearshift mounting arrangement. Really a minor detail as it will be used on a simulator anyway where it will be screwed down, but on my desk it's pretty useless.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 23, 2009 01:49AM
Posted by: ralv585
I have a DFGT, and i have to say that it is absolutely awesome :)

It could do with proper paddle shifts, but i can't fault it one bit.

Well done on the G25, i've heard nothing but good things, the pedals are supposed to be amazing!

Date: May 23, 2009 01:54AM
My wheels are held down with allen key bolts, the great thing with the wheel, pedals and gear shift comes pre fabed ready to screw down, you made look at gear shift it is bolt ready to but I don't need it as it sticks like glue. The wheel is still selling for 299 euro (600 dollars)in Saturn (Harvey Normal equiv) here in Munich lol, cheapest we found was online for 175 euro so you have done well with the price.
Time to drill some holes in your desk lol and bolt her down for now:-)
Date: May 23, 2009 01:55AM
I saw a pic of one guy who made a very simple extension to the paddle shifters on the DFGT out of aluminium, looked like proper shifters, bit rough but meh.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don’t think he has come to apologize."

Date: May 23, 2009 01:58AM
I'm not keen on drilling holes in the desk....but I'll see how it goes. I have mounting template that Dave Ellis sent me a while back, I'll dig that up and see what it looks like. Can someone post a pic of the DFGT? I'm kinda busy with something else right now. :-)

Date: May 23, 2009 02:15AM
Posted by: ralv585
just a quick pic of my setup

and a closer look at the wheel

whats great about the wheel is that, you see the red dial, you can program that to adjust things on the fly, so in gp4, i have it adjusting the brake balance, so i can go from one setting to another depending on the type of corner, just like real life :)

The rest of the buttons are fully functional, i sometime just press a button while racing, just because i pretend to change a setting or i'm on the team radio haha!
Force feedback is excellent, supposedly just as good, if not better than the G25, but i've got no experience of the G25, so i can't say.

But definitely, the G25 is the better of the two i believe

Date: May 23, 2009 08:30AM
@Bfergy, I find your lack of beverage holders disturbing. ;)

Date: May 23, 2009 09:11AM
Posted by: MattLeonowicz
''Ask me a question''

did it hurt? ;)

Date: May 23, 2009 09:17AM
Posted by: Willb
Bfergy, that's awesome!!!!!!!! I want one :(

Great work mate!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: May 23, 2009 09:41AM
:-)thx willb, mortal your right, installing one today lol. What wheel rotation are you using? I'm using 300° all the strenghs are set to 100 and centering spring is checked. In game I'm running about 40 to 45% force feedback strengh, seems to give a nice feel.
Date: May 23, 2009 09:45AM
My wheel setup is pretty stock, set to 50% FF and 20 degree lock in-game. I haven't bothered tweaking anything else.

Date: May 23, 2009 12:15PM
20 degree lock!!!!! or 200?

Date: May 23, 2009 12:45PM
Sure it was 20, in game setup menu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy