graphics.....

Posted by foomaniac 
graphics.....
Date: August 23, 2002 04:45PM
Posted by: foomaniac
what the hell is going on here? im getting seriously piss poor performance here, fps of 5-8 that game looks pants.

specs
p4 1.3ghz
196 ram
3d prophet 4000tx 64mb
windows XP

i just paid 30 quid for this crap and im not impressed, i can get it running playable on everyfin on low but come on, with these specs is it to much to ask for to have it playable n lookin slightly respectable?
ne input would be much appreciated!
Re: graphics.....
Date: August 23, 2002 04:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
you should have better....i will brb, there is a useful file about here somewhere, i will get url..

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 23, 2002 04:49PM
back

[www.mczepp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

but this in ur GP4 dir and play

Tell us what u get, it wont be top notch, but it should run decently well

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 23, 2002 05:01PM
Posted by: simonsteele
Christ! My specs are worse than that and i get 15fps 50-120% PO.
still no track texture though..sob!

Have you got anything rumning in the background? I used a tool called enditall to close all uneccessray programs and got an increase of 3fps and it decreased my PO by 20%

Date: August 23, 2002 05:04PM
wow thanks for the reply guys! jus that fact that sum1 replied but a grin on my face atm...i dunno whats goin on! tried getin rid of stuff in the background, but its stutters like heck, the highest i managed so far with messin around was 10fps, was better but hmmm i dunno if im just being fussy or what!
Date: August 23, 2002 05:10PM
cheers, i been looking through old msgs in the forum to seewhat i could pick out, saw that n was guna try. ill try that file in 5 n see what it comes up with. what does ne1 reckon this 3d prophet i got? i was limited to £80 n plus all my comp wil take it pci, so i got stuck with that. though i been told graphics cards aint majoy with gp4, n its more processor, but sure a 1.3 is ok?
Date: August 23, 2002 05:17PM
omfg! i just played gp4! like played! not battled or cursed, played! i raced! wow! geez if u were female i cud kiss u, woteva that file did its done the trick. doesnt look the best every but it still looks good and i can play thanks for ur help guys u just put one hell of a grin on my face! :D
Date: August 23, 2002 05:20PM
no problem, thank the author of the file

For high spec comps, the file is useless as lots of add-ons dont work with it, but with lower comps, like yours, u get good results

Glad to help, and no, im not female, so dont even think it ;)

Date: August 23, 2002 05:24PM
lol bad news, the problem came bk, i played it once without my wheel plugged in with the new file, came on here, plugged the wheel in and played and it stutterd like b4! its a problem with related to my wheel, its a modena 360 by thrustmaster. i think i remember havin similar probs when i ran it through the game port with gp3 on my old comp b4. im just guna hook it up through usb and see if the same problem still occours, this is strange! very strange!
Date: August 23, 2002 05:38PM
omg 'sticks dunse hat on his head' all that time it was the simple problem that i had my wheel connected through the game port instead using the usb adapter. for sum reason my comp does not like running it through the game port. well i set it up for usb, ran the game it runs gr8! well as good as i can expect for my specs, and with that file as well! well thanks for ur help neway guys! hehe i cant begin to tell ya how chuffed i am, earlier i was at the point of taking it bk yet the problem was so simple!

if i hadnt have tried that file n ran the game without the wheel plugged in, god knows how much longer it wud av taken me to realise the wheel set up was the problem! well for sumfin for every1 to chew on,

why is it that plugging my wheel in2 the game port cause the game to run so poorley? does it use more resources to run it through the game port over usb? so strange, neway take care happy racing!
Date: August 23, 2002 10:36PM
Posted by: ferrariace
The problem is your video card.Assuming I looked at the right one it has a Kyro chipset that runs at 115Mhz which results in a lower framerate.Since updating my system to from a k6-2 533 to a 1.2 Ghz Duron my voodoo3/2000 now gets around 25 fps lowered down to 20-21 to bring the po under a 100.
Date: August 25, 2002 01:49AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah.. any fps worse than about 20-23 hurts yoru eyes, is unrealistic, and just feels and loox crap.. and with a p4 1.3 u should easily have 30.. i have a duron 1gig and thats about wot i get in race omg.. in quicklaps can get in the 40's :D

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: August 25, 2002 04:18AM
Posted by: Nige
Know what you mean dave, I'm running a Pentium 4 2.0ghz with 64mb AGP graphics and still the games stutters like hell (imagine what the game would be like on a system with the minimum requirements like it says on the box!). Even with all shadows and textures turned off or lowered it still runs crap! I personally think Grand prix 4 is a waste of money and much prefer Grand prix 3, and the updated grand prix 3 2000 season. At least they run smoothly.
Date: August 25, 2002 10:36AM
Posted by: Larry
Nige, do you have a decent sound card with proper updated drivers. Try turning all sound acceleration OFF. It made a big difference in framerate to some people. I only have a P3 800MHz with GeForce2MX 32MB and it runs fairly well at 1024x768 @22FPS. My only real problem is the sky messages slowdown. That's a pain in the butt.

Date: August 25, 2002 10:43AM
Posted by: Larry
BTW, I run at 22FPS because the test recommends 25FPS. I have 128MB of RAM but will soon increase it to 256MB in order to permit me to increase my AGP aperture from 64 to 128. I read that it solved the Sky message slowdown for some.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy