Help: problem "digital" brake

Posted by fabioss 
Help: problem "digital" brake
Date: May 14, 2009 02:58PM
Posted by: fabioss
Hi, I first of all apologize me in advance for the english that you will read in this discussion but me I'm Italian and I use an on-line translator.

Well, I use a default version of GP4 on which I have installed the present files to this link ( [tmp.grandprixgames.org] ). Last year I have made the same thing for the version 2008 and I have not had the least problem, this year I have problems instead with the brake of my steering wheel (Logitech DFP).
The accelerator doesn't have problems, the brake however is planned as if it were a normal button and therefore when I brake it is not gradual but it has a sort of effect on/off, that is as soon as I touch the brake it is as if I crushed after all instantly it until and therefore the car nails. In substance the brake is as if it was planned on "digital" even if it is on "analogical" unlike the accelerator that instead, as already said, it correctly works.

I had thought that the problem could be an error in the configuration of the steering wheel and so I have tried, besides my file .con saved with the version 2008, also another file .con, not done by me, but the problem remains. I have checked in the control panel of Windows (Vista) and there the brake is normal that is gradual as also in the rest of the games. For safety I have wanted to try GP4 + these updatings to the version 2009 also on another computer, with Windows Xp, but the problem there is always therefore I don't believe depends on the steering wheel and even from the operating system but I think that it's a relative problem really to someone of the updatings.

these are the formulations inside GP4:

[img140.imageshack.us]
[img140.imageshack.us]
[img140.imageshack.us]
[img140.imageshack.us]
[img140.imageshack.us]
[img140.imageshack.us]

Do you help me to resolve the problem? How can I do?
Re: Help: problem "digital" brake
Date: May 14, 2009 03:12PM
Posted by: mortal
GP4 does not like digital setting. If it is not working in analogue correctly try adjusting the 'zona a bassa sensibilita' setting.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 14, 2009 04:00PM
I have tried to decrease "zona a bassa sensibilità" both putting 0 that putting 100 but it changes only the sensibility of the pedal, not the formality that it remains "digital" even if planned on "analogical".
Date: May 14, 2009 07:24PM
Posted by: AMorabito
Try "gp4 tweaker 1.0.4.5" and "disable steering help"
Date: May 14, 2009 07:46PM
I have unloaded the file "gp4tweak_1045_setup.zip" from this link ( [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com] ) and I have installed the program. Now thing I must do? Could you specify all that that I should do? I am not very good in these things.
Date: May 14, 2009 07:52PM
Full install, configure directory to you gp4 e then see in tweaker "keyboard steer help disable"
Date: May 14, 2009 08:32PM
I have selected "disable steering help" and then "apply". I have tried to directly start the game from "Run GP4" and once party has asked me to shape the graphics as if I had just installed him, I have not done him, and going to load the file .con it goes out me a window that says "any error" rather than "loaded" or something of the kind. Besides if I try to begin a competition it goes out me another window that says "file not found".
In short these are the problems if I make to depart the game from "Run GP4" inside Tweaker, if instead I normally start the game from GPxPatch and load the file .con however it doesn't change nothing and the problem of the brake there is always.

How can I do?
Date: May 14, 2009 09:04PM
Sorry,i don't know.I was not sure that work
Date: May 15, 2009 12:52AM
Is there someone whom knows how I can do for resolving this problem?

In the actual situation it results indeed difficult to play to GP4.
Date: May 15, 2009 02:08AM
Just hang in there, not everyone is here 24/7 ok. Post this on gp4italia, you might get some results from your paesano. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 15, 2009 09:12AM
I have tried to also ask on gp4italia but I have not gotten great answers and considering that the updatings are of this forum I have thought about asking to you.

I was thinking a thing, even could have some problem the file that manages the controls and therefore loading a file .con automatically it plans me the brake in "digital" even if it is on "analogical"
Do you know how to tell me which are the files that manage the controls?
for example for the graphics there are the two files f1graphics, but for the controls?
Date: May 15, 2009 10:05AM
There are no in-game files for the controls as such, unless you create one in the control setup menu and save it. It will be in GPSAVES dir with the suffix *.con. If you select analogue it should be on analogue in game. Perhaps the fault lies with your controller, what is it that you are you using?
Also, I don't think it is necessary to run GP4 from Tweaker, make your changes, and set 'APPLY', then run GP4 from gpx_patch as you would do normally.
Let us know what your controller is please. Just out of interest. :-)

Date: May 15, 2009 10:40AM
What I have understood is that there am no file that manages the controls and that the only file is the .con that I go to create me. What I should do is to start Tweaker and to make some changes. But which? Only "disable steering help"?

Well, to play use a steering wheel, a Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP) and I am certain that it doesn't have problems seen last year with the updatings everything it worked and it now works with all the games of car that I have (GTR2, Rfactor and Test Drive Unlimited) inclusive also the control panel of Windows, both XP that Vista.
Date: May 15, 2009 12:39PM
Just disable steering help and apply. Do not run GP4 from tweaker. You are correct, there is no file, the con file only saves your setup configuration. There is another thread current on the board about wheel setup at [tmp.grandprixgames.org]. That might be useful to you.

Date: May 15, 2009 02:33PM
Well, I have read here ( [tmp.grandprixgames.org] ) but I have not found great answers to my problem and so I have tried to give here ( [www.racesimulations.com] ) a glance and I have made again the configuration of my steering wheel.
At the end I have tried to make a turn of qualifications and I have noticed two things. The first one is that unfortunately the brake has remained "digital", the second is that it SEEMS that in braked the car you don't nail as before but it has one braked more modular despite the indicator couples in formality "on / off" ("brake" turned on / "brake" turned off). Can this thing be alone one impression of mine or it can be due to the fact that I have selected in Tweaker "disable steering help"?
Date: May 15, 2009 02:42PM
Sorry, but I have no idea what your last statement means, maybe a translation problem.

Date: May 15, 2009 04:07PM
Yes, could be a problem of translation. I try to explain again.

Well, I have selected "disable steering help" in Tweaker and I have normally started GP4 from gpxpatch. I have made again subsequently the configuration of the steering wheel following this link ( [www.racesimulations.com] ) and I have saved the file .con.
At the end I have tried to make a competition and I have noticed that the brake has remained as before, that is "digital" even if planned on "analogical", but it now seems me that it isn't in formality anymore "on/off" but it is more gradual.

My question is this: can this thing be alone one impression of mine or something is really changed? Even really selecting "disable steering help" in Tweaker.
Date: May 15, 2009 11:22PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Have you tried assigning a different axis to your brake pedal in the controller profiler, or in windows controller options?
I remember when i had GTR evo, I had a digital brake, so I had to go through all the different axes and map them to my brake (z, zrot etc) until there were two axes that both appeared in the game.

Sorry my Italian blows ;)

Forse bisogna provare a cambiare l'asse frenante negli opzioni di comandi windows, o nella programma del tuo volante, per esempio Logitech profiler?
Ricordo che quando ho comprato GTR Evo, il gioco non ha mostrato lo stesso asse che ho scelto negli opzioni windows, e che ha funzionato bene con tutti gl'altri giochi . Avevo la stessa problema con i freni digitali, ma dopo cambiando l'asse frenante in windows (ci sono z+/- e zrot a scegliere) ho trovato un asse che funziona nel gioco.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 12:20AM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 16, 2009 12:07PM
I have tried to change axis inside the game in the option "accelerator/brake" putting the axis Y rather than the axis Z (as it is written here [www.racesimulations.com] ) but the axis Y doesn't respond. In short the only two axis that correctly work are axis Z ("accelerator/brake";) and axis IRZ ("brake";).

Now however I have not understood whether to do for changing axis inside the options of Windows because I have tried with the program "Logitech Profiler" and I believe can be planned only which of the two pedals both the brake and what the accelerator there is not, or at least if there is I have not seen her, an option that points out the axis.
Date: May 20, 2009 08:59AM
From what seems the problem of the brake "digital", I don't know how, it has now been resolved however I have noticed another thing. When brake is enough to press the pedal of the brake to half to be at the most already. Does someone know how to do for mostly making the modular brake?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy