Physical Memory

Posted by simonsteele 
Physical Memory
Date: August 21, 2002 01:58PM
Posted by: simonsteele
I was just browsing throough the log files of GPxPatch and came across this:
Total physical memory: 254 MB (free: 114 MB)
does this mean that GP4 is only able to use 114MB of ram?
and would it make a difference if it was lower? I am desperate to get better detail/lower PO with my intel 82810.
Also, anyone know how i can find out my fps whilst drivimg. I can't get FRAPS to work, and i am using a modified version of alans .cfg file.

Re: Physical Memory
Date: August 21, 2002 02:00PM
Posted by: Ellis
restart the computer will free up RAM

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 22, 2002 02:55AM
Posted by: Haldo
Sasjag has no prob with that, that the memory is full, but with that, that GP4 don't use all available memory.

---
"Because the future is now."
Date: August 22, 2002 04:09AM
Posted by: mortal
your po rate has nothing to do with mem usage, po is determined by the cpu, given yr processor type it is a given that yr po rate will be crap, there is no way around it. gp4 relies heavily on cpu usage, a graphics card with at least 64mb on board will take some of the load off the cpu but keep in mind that the graphics engine leans more to cpu usage than 3d card usage. Yr available mem usage is maybe the read ahead cache or buffer, If you have a po below 100% you are racing in real time. Any higher load and the framerate drops dramatically, this affects in turn yr lap times as well as overall gameplay, such as momenmtary display lock ups and jerky sections during a race. Some of the available system memory is also put aside for replay use. I suggest a major cpu upgrade if you can afford it, yr trying to run the creme de la creme of racing sims on the back of a slug, start selling stuff on ebay ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 22, 2002 05:27AM
Posted by: genesis
hey wombat can you sell stuff on ebay without having a credit card?

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 22, 2002 06:56AM
Posted by: simonsteele
I'm pretty pleased at the way it runs. It only oes over 100% PO when it's raining or at starts. This is my parents computer so i am not going to upgrade it, I'm saving up for a new computer of my own, for games and a-level work etc.

I figure £800 will do nicely. I currentley have £35.78, after 21 days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy