2002 Carshapes

Posted by Whitey 
2002 Carshapes
Date: August 20, 2002 05:42PM
Posted by: Whitey
Is it possible to have 2 cars of the same carshape? Whilst it isn't possible to edit the carshape at the moment, Would it be possible to double up on a car shape e.g have 2 ferraris and use one of them as a toyota? possibly overwriting the old prost or minardi carshape?

This could be much simpler to do than edit the shape.

I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on this.

Cheers
Re: 2002 Carshapes
Date: August 20, 2002 09:00PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
from the Emac site:

There might be some issues with the driver head position until I can figure that out, but, here's how it's done..

Make a backup of your car_sauber_car#_lod_#.gp4 files in a safe place in case you want to go back to that shape later.. Then copy all of the car_williams_car#_lod_#.gp4 files to a new directory.. Rename the williams to sauber.. Then, with a HEX EDITOR like Hexworks32 or something, go into each .gp4 file and replace the williams with sauber.. Here's the catch.. Because williams is 8 letters long and sauber is only 6, replace the williams with sauber02 or something like that.. There should be either 5 or 6 occurrences of that string in each file, depending on the which LOD file it is..

Here's the tricky part, and something I'm still working on.. Once I had my car painted and such, I saved the files off as TEX files in my extracted carsWAD directory.. You should do the same.. BUT!! Also, copy each file (sauber1.tex) to (sauber021.tex) or whatever you changed the WILLIAMS to in the GP4 files.. This way, the sim will find the files no matter what filename it looks for.. Pack the file to a WAD, and test it out.. Once I get all the bugs worked out, it'll be a lot easier.. If you happen to find out how to fix the driver's head position, PLEASE let me know..

Butch Davis
FBR Motorsports Owner/Driver

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: August 21, 2002 12:22PM
Posted by: tux
hi,

instead, you can just fill in the empty gaps with nils (0)

Date: August 21, 2002 01:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
:S no way i will be able to do that

"Here's the tricky part"

oh, and the first part wasnt tricky? :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 21, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: Whitey
G'day Dumass,

Any chance you could work out a way to work this into your carset creator? You would be worshipped as a god if you could ;)

Cheers
Date: August 21, 2002 06:48PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
i surely need to put the Williams shape in the Sauber one...

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: August 22, 2002 04:07AM
Posted by: tux
Whitey:

mabey, im trying atm, if i could just manage to load the .gp4 files then i can easily save it as a .3ds, but the thing is, i dont know where to start atm :(

Date: August 22, 2002 12:32PM
Posted by: Ellis
hmm...u have to change the texture layout also, i dont have time to do all this :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy