Silverstone Hotlap Contest

Posted by Glyn 
Re: Silverstone Hotlap Contest
Date: August 20, 2002 05:09AM
Posted by: genesis
What control is everyone using??

I use a keyboard and with the default setup, I can only manage a 1:21.1xx at Silverstone.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 20, 2002 05:18AM
Posted by: TrevorWitt
Yeah, I'm using the keyboard too, and I'm somewhat sceptical of times in the 1:19 area being done with a default installation of the game, I really don't think the cars have that sort of time in them.. Well not when I'm driving them anyway! ;)
Date: August 20, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: matthewp
I am using a default installation of the game. i'm in DC's mclaren with the default HP on the engine. I've found with GP4 more than any other GPx game that even when you think your going fast and pretty near the limit there is still loads of time available. we had a comp like this at the nurburgring a while ago, I can't remember the times exactly but my PB from before we had the competition was something like 4.5 seconds slower than my PB after. there's just so much grip available if you know where to find it.
Using a keyboard certainly slows you down though becuase its a digital controller. the steering help makes the disadvantage there pretty much nothing but in terms of accelerating and braking it really costs you a lot of time in corners like copse, maggots and becketts.

Date: August 20, 2002 09:13AM
Posted by: Glyn
Ive emailed you Matt for your hotlap just to make 100% sure your not bluffing :)

Like you said, with a keyboard you will never go as fast as you can with a wheel. Its the same in any racing game really. You can get wheels now for about £20 though.

If you guys can give me a few days (off to Blackpool tomorrow for 2 days) from when I return ill try and setup a website for hotlaps.

Date: August 20, 2002 09:54AM
Posted by: matthewp
I didn't actually get your mail so i've sent it out to the address in your profile. a website for the laps would be cool. maybe you could start with one track and open a new one every week or something, and you could give points for the placings on each track. although it would be a bit weird as your point total could actually go down when someone beats your lap time

Date: August 20, 2002 10:46AM
Posted by: LS.
If you guys can give me a few days (off to Blackpool tomorrow for 2 days)

geez first the moon & now blackpool, you sure get around neil :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 20, 2002 12:04PM
Posted by: Glyn
If you guys can give me a few days (off to Blackpool tomorrow for 2 days)

geez first the moon & now blackpool, you sure get around neil :-)

I sure do. To add to this list I'll be going to Blackpool for 3 days next week too :)

As for the website, Ill have a think of the best way. I was thinking of just making it a base to post hotlaps in so we can see who is the fastest guy on the net. Also maybe a points contest like you mentioned sounds good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy