Sidewinder Force Feedback problem

Posted by finnerss 
Sidewinder Force Feedback problem
Date: August 17, 2002 10:11PM
Posted by: finnerss
I've tried everything to no avail, everything but reinstalling windows which poses a big problem to me. It turns out that the break pedal appears partly pushed, thus the calibration doesn't recognize the break and it's caused other problems with the game, like selecting the optinos from the LED display, in every menu it keeps pushing the cursor down over and over. Anyone know any solution? I've tried reinstalling the Sidewinder software, but it always crashes saying something about an error with some OLEAUT32.DLL and a _WUTL951.dll, or something close to that. I'm running Windows Millenium, and restoring the system hasn't proved useful either.

Any help will be more than appreciated.

Finnerss
Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback problem
Date: August 17, 2002 10:40PM
Posted by: mortal
run sfc from start/run, do a file check, restore/extract from your os cd if required, visit the sidewinder site for updated drivers/tools whatever you can find ;-) check control panel/controller options and dxdiag for the input profile, check the registry entries are valid and that all profile entries/files etc. exist. Do a succesful calibration in a sidewinder setup menu outside of the game first if this is possible. Can't think of much else, V8 supercar's is just firing up on the telly and it's much more interesting than this :-) good luck with it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2002 04:26AM
Posted by: Glyn
I have a similar problem to this on XP. Sometimes it happens, others it doesnt. When I find it has happened I just load up control panel>game controllers and click on me wheel, and then press the brake pedal a few times. It normally sorts itself out. If it doesnt, a quick restart followed by the same normally works.

Date: August 18, 2002 05:36PM
Posted by: Morbid
There is a fix for the "cannot get brake to work" problem in the official FAQ, with screenshots and all. It is very useful and can be found at the official site in the pop-up window, or here at his site.

The flashing menus happens to most people that select a wheel, when something else was selected before as the controller. It happens because the "use joystick in menus" option doesn't autoupdate. Go through the workshop to the "menu setup" (where language is selected) and the option updates itself. The problem does not reappear after that.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy