Really pissed off need help 2009 mod

Posted by retop56 
Really pissed off need help 2009 mod
Date: April 26, 2009 12:43AM
Posted by: retop56
OK I am using Tony's 2009 Empty Mod and when I installed the mod and put in the cars and everything it worked fine. Then I put a new Brawn in the cars folder and for some reason everything went crazy and the game kept loading the 2001 cars and textures. I decided to delete the mod folder and start fresh. At first, when I put in the cars all over again, only the Brawn and the Williams worked. I decided to go into free practice with the Williams and then it started loading the 2001 textures and shapes again. Can someone please help me because I just want to enjoy the 2009 cars and it's really frustrating.

--------------------------------------
I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Re: Really pissed off need help 2009 mod
Date: April 26, 2009 10:33AM
Posted by: MattLeonowicz
i found the same thing happening, what i did was when i put the Lods into the Cars folder, i DID NOT put them in melbourne, for some reason, it glitches and atteempts to load from from lets say Brawngp/Cars/(lods)
and Brawngp/hi/(texs)

Try placing them there, it worked for me, i had the same problem now its fine :)

Date: April 27, 2009 03:50AM
OK thank you it helped but I have another problem. For some reason the tyre textures and helmet textures are not loading when I put them in. I'm using Lee's 2009 tyres and the Jenson Button and Rubens Barichello helmets from the guide to updating to 2009 thread. I'm using CSM by the way. Can anyone help?

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 27, 2009 04:10AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Do you have the actual helmet and tyre shapes..

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 27, 2009 04:29AM
Yes I do. I'm using Lee's 2009 tyres with Enjoz's (is that how you spell it?) 2D Advanced Wheelshape. I'm also using MDB Snake's Arai GP-5 RC helmet shape with the Barichello and Button textures put into the helmets folder in CSM. For some reason though, the shapes for both work but the textures won't load.

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 27, 2009 06:49AM
Posted by: BayW
retop56 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes I do. I'm using Lee's 2009 tyres with Enjoz's
> (is that how you spell it?) 2D Advanced
> Wheelshape. I'm also using MDB Snake's Arai GP-5
> RC helmet shape with the Barichello and Button
> textures put into the helmets folder in CSM. For
> some reason though, the shapes for both work but
> the textures won't load.

Not all the helmets are made for MDBsnake's ARAI shape. The most helmets are still made for the ARAI 2006 one. That can be a reason that the textures are not showing up correctly. The problem can also be that you need to put some helmet textures files in the folder CARS in your main gp4 folder. That was a bugfix from the gp4.exe V1.02
Date: May 03, 2009 06:53AM
I fixed it. I was using the helmets from AlexShumi's thread and those are compatible with the helmet shape I'm using. I'm using the one's he's made just to admire them and drive with them until DaiMon makes his pro set of all the helmets for 09!

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy