Car Setups for 1986 Turbo Mod

Posted by melnibonian 
Car Setups for 1986 Turbo Mod
Date: April 12, 2009 10:51AM
Posted by: melnibonian
Hello everyone

I'm relatively new on the GP4 Series and to this forum. I've got the 1986 Turbo Mod and I really like it as it reminds me of my youth. Nevertheless when I use the default setups I am constantly 3-6 seconds off the pace. Therefore I was wondering if any of you know where I can find some ready made setups. I tried the ones for the "original GP4" but the results are not good.

Thanks a lot
Re: Car Setups for 1986 Turbo Mod
Date: April 12, 2009 11:24AM
Posted by: Bruce D
If you are using the CSM mod version, its included under the GPSAVES\Carsets\1986\Setup1986 folder in your GP4 directory. Give those a try.
Date: April 12, 2009 11:38AM
I tried those but I am constantly off the pace. For example I am reaching a top speed with a Williams of 270Kph at Spa when the Ferraris (AI) manage a speed of about 320-340Kph.

The default ones don't seem to work.
Date: April 12, 2009 01:23PM
Posted by: strathcarse
Hi,

I had the same problem with this mod. The solution I found is quite complex. I modified different files that concern AI performances.

I changed the perf files (right click on the mod in CSM/change average performances) and I reduced the Power of the car to about 700BHP. This isn't realistic but the game includes, in files named MagicData, the defaults car setup for AI and you, and with power higher than 1000BHP the default AI setup of GP4 make some not realistic behavior of the cars in game (AI car reached their max speed very early because the gear ratios were way too short). You can easily change your setup in game but not the AI one. If you want to keep real horse power, you'll have to modify AI setup for each track with the corresponding MagicData file, I gave up with that because it was very boring to do. That's why I tried to make perf and physics which can match the default MagicData and still looking to be 1986 performances.

I also modified the physics of the mod (with GP4Phys), it's a .gp3 file where the weight, inertia, power, torque, max rpm and the grip of the car are set. I changed the BHP to be about 700 and I reduced the grip (it's my personal opinion but I found that the cars were too fast in the mod).
Date: April 12, 2009 02:38PM
Thanks a lot for this.

I've changed the HP to 700 in both racing and qualifying and the AI is still way too fast for me. They seem to overtake me like I was parked on the track.

Is it possible to tell me how to edit the files like you did (or send me yours if it is not too much of a problem)? I'm totally ignorant on editing GP4 files so any help you can give me will be most welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance
Date: May 20, 2009 11:07AM
Posted by: octane2v12
Can anyone kindly supply a link to download the GP4 1986 mod.

I have found a mod file at the GP4 Italia web site but it is in a file format with the suffix .cmi which I have had no luck at burning to CD let alone opening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 11:08AM by octane2v12.
Date: May 20, 2009 01:26PM
Posted by: dustbinF1
I also can't find the 1986 mod anywhere else, and another thread on GPG says work stopped on it and it was never finished having only 4 teams, with an additional 2 (ferrari and lola) as unreleased wips that were never finished?

Was this mod ever finished?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don’t think he has come to apologize."

Ayrton Senna (1960 - 1994)
Date: May 20, 2009 10:54PM
Posted by: jgordinho
The mod as 11 teams,except AGS ,Osella and Zakspeed,the author was rebuilding the mod but nobody knows what happened or why he stopped,anyway the mod in my opinion is a lot of fun to drive and still looks very good,i play it at 1920x1080 resolution and its a charm,its a csm mod and you can get it at gp4italia.org,just register and look for it on the mods section.
Date: May 20, 2009 11:13PM
Posted by: octane2v12
Thanks for the response, I assume this is the download page...

[www.gp4italia.org]

Now the $64k question is how does one open this file? The unzipped file looks to be a CD image but I can't find any software which will recognise it.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Paul
Date: May 21, 2009 12:20AM
Posted by: jgordinho
No its not a CD image,you have to get ZaZ tools,wich i think its around here somehere,and then you will be able to play the mod,its simple to install and dont mess with your GP4 files,do a search for Zaz tools and how to install csm mods,it sounds confusing in the beginning but its very easy once you get used to...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 12:23AM by jgordinho.
Date: December 09, 2009 12:38AM
Posted by: wilson87
Hi, I'm also new to this forum and GP4 in general and was wondering where I could get hold of the 1986 mod? I've registered at GP4italia but it's no longer hosted there and can't find it on simracingworld on gp4db.com either.

If anybody could point me in the right direction (or possibly send me the files - though they're probably too large to email) to a CSM version and any updates or TSM files too it'd be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Date: December 09, 2009 03:34PM
Posted by: pavlinia
For all guys for mod 1986.Tonight i upload the mod because in the gp4italia site they have problem with downloads.I put the link tonight about 7.30 8.00 p.m with time of Greece
Date: December 09, 2009 05:50PM
Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
Date: December 10, 2009 08:28AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Yes, GP4 Italia changes and now it's supported by Driving Italia. [www.drivingitalia.net]

About 1986 mod, it's quite old mod. But there was a specific setup for original 2001 GP4 tracks. Howewer i try it with others tracks (from 1991 trackpack) and maximux speed was low for all. The suggestion of strathcase is right.

But last time that i install it, i notice that the mod doesn't like external tracks... Really, it'll be great if someone could repack it with the "new" CSM.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: December 10, 2009 11:56PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Yes, for example I was trying to race in Estoril 1991 (wich is not a TSM track) and I couldn´t do it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 11:57PM by DAMON96.
Date: December 11, 2009 12:09AM
Thanks for all your help but I don't think the 1986 mod is up at driving italia, the rfactor version is there but not the gp4...?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but I've had a good look for it so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Date: December 11, 2009 12:24AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Rot Teufel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But last time that i install it, i notice that the
> mod doesn't like external tracks...

Thats easy to work out.
Goto f11986mod\Settings\ open the swap file with notepad
and put this " ; " at the start of line Folder5 =Tracks\Circuits,Circuits

You should end with: ;Folder5 =Tracks\Circuits,Circuits

Rot Teufel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Really, it'll
> be great if someone could repack it with the "new"
> CSM.

Thats easy to do too. Its about 30minutes work. I just looked how is maid the mod.
Its very a simple mod.
If some you guys are really interested i can do it during this weekend but also i
dont want to get in trouble with gp4-italia for doing this if i decide to go along.

Kind regards
JC
Date: December 11, 2009 10:18AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
ok, thanks for the help jcaranti.
But i think that Shecky and the others will be not angry if we ask before.

@wilson87: The rF's F1 1986 version is still wip, the SRM Team is working on F1 1990 for rF.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: December 11, 2009 12:34PM
So gyus in 10 minutes i put a rapidshare link to take the 1986 mod.I has download from gp4italia 8 months ago.Now we cant take it from ther because they have some problem to server.It is not legal this because many people they want it so my opinion is to giv ethis link.Thnak you very much
Date: December 11, 2009 12:46PM
Ok guys this it .Enjoined for me it is the very best mod until MAster Pedro released THE DREAMS MODS.

[rapidshare.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy