jump starts - problem solved

Posted by jp2 
jump starts - problem solved
Date: August 14, 2002 06:28AM
Posted by: jp2
might be interesting ...

i never could do jump starts. my car used to start automatically as soon as the lights went out. the problem was: the checkbox for jump starts in the racing options was unchecked and grey, no way of changing it. until yesterday...

i heard of that new bug, enabling grafix options in the middle of a lap by going into windows and back to gp4. and that's what i did: went to race options, realism, found the grey box for jump starts, alt-tab for windows, back to gp4, et voila: the box wasnt grey anymore, i checked it and 30 seconds later i did the first ever jump start in gp4.

thats what i love about gp4: every day you find a new little detail.

greetings, jp
Re: jump starts - problem solved
Date: August 14, 2002 07:20AM
Posted by: tux
lol, this is strange, because the 1st ever time i done a race in GP4 i done a jump start :P

Date: August 14, 2002 11:25AM
Posted by: Ellis
alt-tab usually crashs my GP4, just like that stupid @#$%& windows key

If i want the start menu i'll press the fuckin start button, not sum key on the keyboard which automaticly minimizes games then crashs them on return.

I notice sumtimes the box greyed out, but have only jump started once anyway

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2002 11:37AM
if i press ALT-tab then it goes to the desktop, when i go back in, GP4 puts itself onto the menus (even if im racing when i pressed ALT-TAB)

mabey its a windows thing? driver thing? GP4 thing?

Date: August 14, 2002 01:33PM
Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashs, cos games arent supposed to be minimized whislt playing - this is why HL based games lose sound after you do it.

All thanx to a pointless key

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2002 02:18PM
lol,

does that happen iven if ure in menus? coz sometimes CS starts minimized and i dont have sound (i know CS and no sound = suicide :P)

Date: August 14, 2002 02:28PM
duno bout menus. See, my Jump key is shift, and my duck key is control - control aint exactly far from this @#$%& pointless perice of plastic windows button.

When duck jumping, i have often hit the button, minmized CS, and had a stupid start menu

Its the worlds most pointless button....appart from the pause/play/stop buttons on my keyboard - which only work with Windows MEdia player, and i use Winamp.

Belive it or not, on my keyboard i also have a button at the top with a "?" on it. When pressed, this brings up the help menu. So, u can either press "F1" or this "?" button, o get the help menu.......WHATS THE F**KING POINT?

This is alsomost as bad as the windows stick keys - hold down shift for 8sec and another window popups up. Of course, this makes crouching and taking cover is CS VERY difficult, cos after 8 sec, a window popups, CS minimizes, and u lose sound again

And people wonder why i hate Microsoft so much?

Sicne they piss me off so much, would it be considered ok if i petrol bomb Bill Gates house?

Date: August 14, 2002 03:12PM
with my keyboard u can:

use it to type words and emails (i never new a keyboard could do that :P)
press a button to load IE6
press a button to load outlook express
load PSP
load help
a button with a trophy on (that goes to my fav site, its set as this forum :P)
a button to go shoping,
erm, sports sites, financial sites, searech, chat.

a volumn controll thingy (pretty cool)
stop,
rewind
play/pause
fast foword
eject (only ejects the dvd drive :S, why not my cd-rw, zip, floppies, the HD, my other 4 HDs, why, why???)
a mute button,
a mike mute button :o
button to load either winamp/real player/win media player (does any one use that?)

button to make it go to bed, turn off, hibernate for the long winter (lol, it turns back on after about 1 - 2 hrs :P)

theres a button with the HP logo on,

2 usb ports on it,
a button to kick bill in the nuts,
and 1 more to send lots of money to me :P

theres also a button with a printer on it, never used it, 1 min... *pressing*

oh, its a button to turn the printer on and make it make some noise :S

Date: August 14, 2002 03:23PM
Posted by: Vader
But I bet your keyboard cannot make coffee, heal cancer or accelerate to 100mph under 2 seconds!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 14, 2002 03:26PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Dumbass, same here, the first start I ever did was jumped! I didn't have a clue what to do, so I just floored the throttle and....zump!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 14, 2002 03:38PM
Vader:

actually, i can use my keyboard to type a message, press that print button thing and chuck it at my sister, she then reads it and makes coffie.

hey why would i want it to make me coffie? i dont even like the stuff :P

erm, the other 2 are erm, no, it cant :';(

Alex:

lol, me to, but:

the lights came on
i held the clutch in,
reved,
lights whent out and i lett go of the clutch a little too early :P

they didnt do the jump start properly, because, if i jump start then if i start 1st, by about 100m the black flag is off and im about 4th, no big deal, couple of corners and ive either pushed them out the way or got passed another way

Date: August 15, 2002 01:58AM
Posted by: Doug
Of course if you have that little patch that removes the black flag, you can completely get away with jump starts. Sometimes you can be at the back of the grid but be accelerating fast past Schumacher by the time he drops the clutch. ;)

Of course that is cheating at it's most profound and I wouldn't recomend winning a Grand Prix in such an immoral and under-hand manner...... :p

I Kazaa-ed GPL the other day. Didn't actually run, which serves me right I guess but I did take a look through the readme and saw some of the features in this game, like the false starts etc and thought to myself "How old is this game? So why can't they put this into Grand Prix 4!?!"
Date: August 15, 2002 02:01AM
Posted by: Doug
Sorry, I should be more clear for people who haven't played Grand Prix Legends, if you jump the start, you have to pit and take a penalty there, plus deliberately jumping corners also means you pit, and in practise sessions if you do this, your laptime is thrown out. So no Black Flag crap.
Date: August 15, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: Keithb
Can't see the point of jump starting,it's just cheating yourself out of a real win.
Date: August 15, 2002 12:43PM
"So why can't they put this into Grand Prix 4!?!""

Cos if GP4 has everything then no1 will buy GP5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy